News Disney plans to accelerate Parks investment to $60 billion over 10 years

JoeCamel

Six months ago Bob announced they were going to spend 60 billion and still no word as to where or what it was to be spent on. One would think if this was for real and not more Bob BS they would have a plan in place before this was announced. Fool me once shame on you --fool me twice shame on you Bob.
It is super top Disney secret and if you had a need to know we would have told you by now, trust us we are Disney.....

Disstevefan1

You could call it negative if they fail to spend 18 billion, which seems to be their maintenance capex. A reduction would be anywhere between that and about 45-ish billion. An increase is above that threshold.

Now even if we somehow come out the other side and they’ve spent 45, that would be similar levels across their entire portfolio to the prior 10 year period, post inflation. That doesn’t imply equity. I think it is widely regarded that the prior ten year run was more focused on Asian park expansion. This one already seems to be heavier in DCL.

At which other resorts detriment? Well hopefully none if they stick on the ‘increased’, aka 60B end of things.
60B is a lie, Iger will win proxy fight, I expect no significant investment in WDW theme parks, I do expect investment in DVC that liar Iger will label “expanded capacity”

My opinion could change depending on how will EPIC does. Disney may be forced to respond.

My gut tells me there will be no response because MK will retain its title as most visited park.

lazyboy97o

Six months ago Bob announced they were going to spend 60 billion and still no word as to where or what it was to be spent on. One would think if this was for real and not more Bob BS they would have a plan in place before this was announced. Fool me once shame on you --fool me twice shame on you Bob.
And you wouldn’t then be complaining that the plan isn’t detailed and just vague? All projects, at Disney, Universal and everywhere else, start with first determining how much they are willing to spend.

Dan Deesnee

60B is a lie, Iger will win proxy fight, I expect no significant investment in WDW theme parks, I do expect investment in DVC that liar Iger will label “expanded capacity”

My opinion could change depending on how will EPIC does. Disney may be forced to respond.

My gut tells me there will be no response because MK will retain its title as most visited park.

They will not stay on top of Universal without significant parks investments in Florida.

Epic Universe is coming soon...

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
They will not stay on top of Universal without significant parks investments in Florida.

Epic Universe is coming soon...
They will likely stay on top holistically due to nostalgia factor and they still do things better in many cases compared to Uni, but they can and will lose and are beginning to lose more guests beginning to try out and go to Uni instead.

That’s not a good trend and to change that they’ll need investment, expansion, and quit making it so difficult to do and enjoy a Disney vacation

flyerjab

I expect money to be spent, similar to what was done the previous decade. Iger is not a risk taker. Here will most likely go with the approach the company took with WDW in the 2010s:
  1. New Fantasyland in MK
  2. Transformation from DTD to DS
  3. Pandora expansion and upgrades to dining/shopping at DAK
  4. New resorts/DVC - Gran Destino, Riviera
  5. Upgrades to resorts - CBR main building and upgrades to CSR
  6. TSL, SW:GE and MMRR attraction to DHS
  7. Epcot overhaul
This was all rolled out in stages over a multi year plan. I assume a similar, painstakingly slow rollout of new changes again. Why build a new park to compete with Epic Universe when you can build what is equivalent to a new park, just spread out within the entire WDW resort.
  1. Upgrades to existing attractions - Country Bears, Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, Zootopia 4D movie
  2. New shows - potential drone show, new parade
  3. Tropical Americas expansion at DAK
  4. Beyond Big Thunder Mountain expansion at MK
  5. New resort/DVC addition
  6. Potential DHS expansion/addition
  7. Upgrades to SSE and the complete redo of the Imagination Pavilion for Epcot’s 50th.
Obviously most of this is dreaming/here say/etc. However, if I must put forth an answer to what I think WDW’s future will look like over the next decade, this is what I think will happen. A slow, cautious approach, using IP only attractions mined from data pulled from Disney+ metrics and the infamous “surveys”. And will likely take a decade, of which we are in year one right now.

JoeCamel

I expect money to be spent, similar to what was done the previous decade. Iger is not a risk taker. Here will most likely go with the approach the company took with WDW in the 2010s:
  1. New Fantasyland in MK
  2. Transformation from DTD to DS
  3. Pandora expansion and upgrades to dining/shopping at DAK
  4. New resorts/DVC - Gran Destino, Riviera
  5. Upgrades to resorts - CBR main building and upgrades to CSR
  6. TSL, SW:GE and MMRR attraction to DHS
  7. Epcot overhaul
This was all rolled out in stages over a multi year plan. I assume a similar, painstakingly slow rollout of new changes again. Why build a new park to compete with Epic Universe when you can build what is equivalent to a new park, just spread out within the entire WDW resort.
  1. Upgrades to existing attractions - Country Bears, Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, Zootopia 4D movie
  2. New shows - potential drone show, new parade
  3. Tropical Americas expansion at DAK
  4. Beyond Big Thunder Mountain expansion at MK
  5. New resort/DVC addition
  6. Potential DHS expansion/addition
  7. Upgrades to SSE and the complete redo of the Imagination Pavilion for Epcot’s 50th.
Obviously most of this is dreaming/here say/etc. However, if I must put forth an answer to what I think WDW’s future will look like over the next decade, this is what I think will happen. A slow, cautious approach, using IP only attractions mined from data pulled from Disney+ metrics and the infamous “surveys”. And will likely take a decade, of which we are in year one right now.
You forgot Club 33 expansion....

BrianLo

The daily inflation rate on that is quite insane. They are constantly saving money with such a large promise and not delivering until later.

Hopefully if the central bankers do their jobs right, it’s only an inevitable 22% of ‘todays’ dollars that is eroded. Of course less as the investment flows, it’s not like they are going to backload 50billion over the last two years.

But, that’s why I’m treating the ‘doubling’ of the investment more like a 150% expectation. Partially inflation baked in and still to come.

More than last decade investment wise, not double. Not they could asymmetrically spend on one resort over another naturally. Or in this case DCL seems to be outstripping last decades Asian Park investments.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom