Don’t Stay Here - Disney's All-Star Sports Resort

Who has been ripped off by Disney World?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jackson.soledad

Original Poster
The Disney resorts are usually wonderful to work with when we've had problems on the resort side of our trips. A number of times they've been quick to help with maintenance issues etc. They're usually very wonderful and hardworking. Maybe you should be taking your anger out at Priceline, and not at Disney. Aren't they the cause of your problems.
We’ve been going to Disney since my kids were in the single digits. Some of their favorite times were there. Disney could have worked this out with us instead of saying, “sorry about your luck.”

jackson.soledad

Original Poster
Simple question. Was your daughter's name also on the reservation?

You didn't do online check-in, I gather.
In hindsight I should have coordinated with the hotel via phone. They could have worked with us. Instead they were inflexible. We’ve paid Disney twice for the same room, once through Priceline and then directly to the hotel.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I highly doubt that since there was mention of how much money your people have spent there.

Which was not a response to you. 🤦🏻‍♀️

This is going nowhere.

The issue is with Priceline, not Disney. If Priceline failed to convey all the required guest information to Disney Travel, that's their fault, not Disney's. Disney has a policy in place to insure that the person checking in is the same person who made & paid for the resort stay.

You frankly need to stop bashing Disney for something they have no control over.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
In hindsight I should have coordinated with the hotel via phone. They could have worked with us. Instead they were inflexible. We’ve paid Disney twice for the same room, once through Priceline and then directly to the hotel.

You didn't answer my question...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
From a lodging standpoint…Disney is one of the easier operators to deal with…

But you have to have the person checking into the room registered. They don’t permit “dummy” rooms for a variety of reasons…fraud being the biggest/easiest one to point too…

But I’m such a big Disney fan that I only apologize and try to kick dirt on their mistakes…everyone knows that 🤓

jackson.soledad

Original Poster
Disney can't do anything if Priceline doesn't follow the rules
Then Disney could also not do business with Priceline, but they do and yes I found a better deal at Priceline and went for it. Yes, it bit me in the @ss and I ended up paying double, BUT Disney could have helped resolve the issue. The reservation was there. It was in the system. Inflexible because they can be. So what if a family who is looking for a deal to enjoy Disney doesn’t come back? Bottom line, $$$

Figgy1

Premium Member
Your contract was with Priceline, Disney can't fix a contract they had no part in creating nor is it a party to the original contract. There are 2 contracts one between you and Priceline and one between Priceline and Disney. Priceline's contract with Disney wasn't able to be fulfilled due to Priceline not being in compliance with the terms of the contract. If it was Priceline's fault or your fault for not providing the necessary information that's on you or PL not Disney. The fact they were able to find a room for somebody just turning up was good customer service imho. You need to take this matter up with PL and try and get a refund from them if it was their fault the contract was not honored

jackson.soledad

Original Poster
Which was not a response to you. 🤦🏻‍♀️

This is going nowhere.

The issue is with Priceline, not Disney. If Priceline failed to convey all the required guest information to Disney Travel, that's their fault, not Disney's. Disney has a policy in place to insure that the person checking in is the same person who made & paid for the resort stay.

You frankly need to stop bashing Disney for something they have no control over.
Disney could but refused to resolve

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Special Disney person. Glad you have a special badge. It shouldn’t matter how much she/he spent. It’s wrong to not help customers when there is an issue and instead force them to pay a second time, knowing they are forcing them to pay a second time.

But you were a customer of Priceline for that offer, not the Disney corporation.

jackson.soledad

Original Poster
Your contract was with Priceline, Disney can't fix a contract they had no part in creating nor is it a party to the original contract. There are 2 contracts one between you and Priceline and one between Priceline and Disney. Priceline's contract with Disney wasn't able to be fulfilled due to Priceline not being in compliance with the terms of the contract. If it was Priceline's fault or your fault for not providing the necessary information that's on you or PL not Disney. The fact they were able to find a room for somebody just turning up was good customer service imho. You need to take this matter up with PL and try and get a refund from them if it was their fault the contract was not honored
I did take this up with Priceline. Disney Guest Relations had the ability to resolve this and chose not to help.

jackson.soledad

Original Poster
You didn't answer my question

Again, Disney can't resolve something another company did.

I will ask again, WHICH COMPANY charged your card when you made the reservation with Priceline?

That's who you need to deal with. Disney cannot refund a charge it didn't make... it's not the merchant of record.

Again, Disney can't resolve something another company did.

I will ask again, WHICH COMPANY charged your card when you made the reservation with Priceline?

That's who you need to deal with. Disney cannot refund a charge it didn't make... it's not the merchant of record.
Disney COULD have resolved the issue. They chose not to help resolve it. I was on the phone with both Priceline and Disney to work through the issue. I asked Disney to honor the purchase made through Priceline. They refused and we paid for the room again.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Disney COULD have resolved the issue. They chose not to help resolve it. I was on the phone with both Priceline and Disney to work through the issue. I asked Disney to honor the purchase made through Priceline. They refused and we paid for the room again.
Disney couldn't honor the reservation due to it not meeting it's terms and conditions which are in place to protect both Disney and their guests. Priceline could have fixed that when you were on the phone with them, in their system. Disney has no ability to modify 3rd party vendor reservations

jackson.soledad

Original Poster
Disney couldn't honor the reservation due to it not meeting it's terms and conditions. Priceline could have fixed that when you were on the phone with them, in their system
Priceline tried and is trying to resolve, but Disney could have helped. It wasn’t someone trying to scam them. They knew exactly what they were doing, making as much as money as possible. Why have Guest Relations if you have no plan to try to resolve an issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom