Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
"If you can dream it, you can do it!"
Wait no, not this time.
200w.gif

tanc

Seems like they really put the fast track on WDW, which I think is great, but at the same time DL has two huge attractions closed. I did not expect them to work on both Splash Mountains at the same time. I wonder if DL will open in Winter or not, regardless the AA looks great.

mickEblu

Oh I know haha. Thanks. Is she supposed to be older? Probably the short hair. She looks more like “middle aged soccer mom” Tiana. Kind of in line with everything else we’ve seen/ heard of this retheme. Less magical, more realistic. My prediction of not seeing her in her signature green dress isn’t that bold I guess. Would be interesting with the new short hair cut. Unless Mama Odie magically grows it back.

Consumer

Here's a look at the new Tiana audio-animatronic in Tiana's Bayou Adventure.

Maybe I'm just being nitpicky but it doesn't quite look right. I think it might be the lips or maybe the hair. I imagine if she was in her movie outfit it would look better. Needless to say the movement is great, but I hope that doesn't mean it was the expense of having a larger cast of animatronics like Avatar river ride.
I think they said the ride takes place a few years after Princess and the Frog. So her looking older makes sense.
I could very well be the only one, but when it comes to seeing IP in the parks I prefer for the attraction to be faithful to the source material.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I wonder if DL will open in Winter or not, regardless the AA looks great.
There was an accompanying Disney Parks Blog about it. (https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-tianas-bayou-adventure-at-walt-disney-world/)

"We can’t wait for you to 'come join the party' when Tiana’s Bayou Adventure opens at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida this summer, and later in 2024 at Disneyland Park in California."

If by Winter you mean during the Christmas season, that's probably a good bet. Just in time to get wet when it's cold.

mickEblu

Maybe I'm just being nitpicky but it doesn't quite look right. I think it might be the lips or maybe the hair. I imagine if she was in her movie outfit it would look better. Needless to say the movement is great, but I hope that doesn't mean it was the expense of having a larger cast of animatronics like Avatar river ride.

I could very well be the only one, but when it comes to seeing IP in the parks I prefer for the attraction to be faithful to the source material.

I think what we're seeing is the shift away from unrealistic features in women. That's why she looks very little like PatF Tiana. You see it in new dolls and barbies. I also believe they went this route as PatF Tiana's hair may not have been deemed as being enough of a realistic representation of Black women. I'll admit that Black women's hair or hair in general isn't my wheelhouse but that's my take. Before anyone mentions that PatF Tiana is in parades and meet greets... it's easy to recast a face character or change a hair do. They're making these AA's to last 20-30 years.

Im constantly reminded with every decision they make and parks blog they put out that they took my favorite ride and made it the most politically correct attraction ever created to the point where it feels like that stuff is steering almost every creative decision. Instead of just leaning into the IP/ PatF movie that could have made for a great attraction.

Last edited:

TP2000

Is that Tiana or Tiana’s mom?

Thank you. While the new animatronic technology they're using is impressive, within the first few seconds of seeing that version of Tiana I actually thought... "I thought she was supposed to be pretty?"

Maybe under the ride lighting she'll look better, but she looks older and plainer via Animatronic. Very... Soccer Mom, as you say, and not as young and pretty as she's been when seen in the parks.

1110ZV_0205KP.jpg

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Thank you. While the new animatronic technology they're using is impressive, within the first few seconds of seeing that version of Tiana I actually thought... "I thought she was supposed to be pretty?"

Maybe under the ride lighting she'll look better, but she looks older and plainer via Animatronic. Very... Soccer Mom, as you say, and not as young and pretty as she's been when seen in the parks.

1110ZV_0205KP.jpg
Tiana that has been doing the M&G at Tiana's Palace (I believe she still comes around) is also portrayed to be older similar to how she will look in the ride -

tianas-palace-disneyland-tiana-new-outfit-scaled.jpg

TP2000

Tiana that has been doing the M&G at Tiana's Palace (I believe she still comes around) is also portrayed to be older similar to how she will look in the ride -

tianas-palace-disneyland-tiana-new-outfit-scaled.jpg

That's a weird decision to make from a merchandising and target-audience perspective.

Something tells me the "Older, Wiser, Career Woman with Mom-Hairdo Tiana" merchandise isn't going to sell as well with the target demographic of young girls as the "Young, Pretty, Glamorous, Princess Tiana" merchandise. :oops:

mickEblu

That's a weird decision to make from a merchandising and target-audience perspective.

Something tells me the "Older, Wiser, Career Woman with Mom-Hairdo Tiana" merchandise isn't going to sell as well with the target demographic of young girls as the "Young, Pretty, Glamorous, Princess Tiana" merchandise. :oops:

They have one Black Princess and this is what they’re going with? Weird.

The decisions continue to boggle the mind. They re obviously above all of us and keep outthinking themselves. Guess that’s what happens when the wrong things are driving the project.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member

This isn't new information. The attraction announcement since day one has stated to be after the events of the movie, and subsequent information since has come out that its set years after the movie. Even the art work shows Tiana in new outfits and older than the movie. So not sure why this is now a surprise 3+ years later for some.

They will have merch from both the new attraction and from the movie, both iterations of the character.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom