Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Consumer

Despite all the critiques, I do want to give praise that this is a real animatronic with a real face. I'll take this over the rear projection faces like on Frozen Ever After, 100 times out of 100.

This is just so bad...
1707882419672.png

mickEblu

Despite all the critiques, I do want to give praise that this is a real animatronic with a real face. I'll take this over the rear projection faces like on Frozen Ever After, 100 times out of 100.

This is just so bad...
View attachment 768236

Agreed. Even though they’re much more accurate.

EDIT: on second thought… Tiana is so off model I think I might just deal with rear projected one that looked more accurate.

In the Parks
No

EDIT: on second thought… Tiana is so off model I think I might just deal with rear projected one that looked more accurate.
They're capable of better:
1707882745217.png

I don't think Elsa looks as off-model. But the main problem is the sunken eyes. They're too deeply set in the face and it changes the appearance drastically.

SuddenStorm

Perhaps this character model is going to be more in line with what Tiana looks like on the Disney Plus show?

That's trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, instead of just trashing this like I have every other announcement for this project.

SuddenStorm

Interesting how even casual fans aren’t sold on the animatronic.
View attachment 768241

I don't think the goat over in the WDW half of the forum is half the insider he claims to be- but his statements regarding the lukewarm response to this announcement were interesting.

And comments like this reinforce it. Disney's desperately trying to drum up excitement for this, and I don't think it's working. Is anyone genuinely head over heels 'I can not wait for this!' excited for this project?

And those comments are right. Here's Eudora (Tiana's Mom)-

1707887911810.png

mickEblu

Perhaps this character model is going to be more in line with what Tiana looks like on the Disney Plus show?

That's trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, instead of just trashing this like I have every other announcement for this project.

I’m sure. The question is why did they go with that look for the show?

Consumer

View attachment 768243
What post on ig is that from? These are the top comments I saw.
WDWMagazine, I think. There was another post I saw with similar comments. Obviously every post will have plenty of people commenting about how good the animatronic looks and moves because that doesn’t require critical thinking, hence why it’s interesting to see the uncritical masses be critical.

TP2000

I’m getting Claire Huxtable vibes. For all you Gen Z’ers, she was from a very popular show called The Cosby Show

View attachment 768232

I was all in on The Cosby Show from the first season, as was the rest of America back in the mid 1980's. I never missed it, the original "Must See TV!" on 80's/90's powerhouse NBC that then led me to Seinfeld, then Friends, then Will & Grace. But let's not forget that Mrs. Huxtable also did this little gem for the Walt Disney Company...

Yep, that looks like Elsa after a long night of making choices she regrets.

Which brings us back to the important Life Lesson: Always leave the bar before Last Call!

mickEblu

I was all in on The Cosby Show from the first season, as was the rest of America back in the mid 1980's. I never missed it, the original "Must See TV!" on 80's/90's powerhouse NBC that then led me to Seinfeld, then Friends, then Will & Grace. But let's not forget that Mrs. Huxtable also did this little gem for the Walt Disney Company...

Which brings us back to the important Life Lesson: Always leave the bar before Last Call!

Wow! Talk about full circle! Never see this commercial.

TP2000

True, he would have been the perfect application for the modern AA's one distinguishing feature: wild, waving arm motions.

Seriously, there's almost TOO much motion. No human being would actually move like that. But I'm not going to complain about animatronic motion. It's temporary anyway...give it two years and she'll be much more static, and not by design.

Agreed. That's my one minor quibble with these modern animatronics; they've got the ability to do these oddly inhuman and wavelike arm motions, and so they go all in on that effect.

It looks noticeably unnatural, as if the Imagineers are saying "Look what I can do with this robot!"

lookwhaticando_ab59f652e488c2a5012d9836221474c3aab084a4.gif

CaptinEO

So tired of these imagineering rides trying to be more than a representation of a movie. We all have to be clever enough to go online and read a backstory to understand why Tiana is 10 years older.

Yet to 99.9% of people they are going to go on this and just think Tiana doesn't look like she does in the movie. Why is Tiana an old lady wearing and outfit to wade through a swamp instead of her beautiful self in a dress?

Even the Tiana face characters are older now. Why would a little girl want to be a tired looking 45 year old woman? All the other princesses get to look their best. They did Tiana dirty.

CaptinEO

She's not. In the dark ride, her dark grey hair will look black. There are no wrinkles on her face.

OldLadyGate is not a thing except to those looking to run up a list of why Disney is evil.
She looks old and that is my first impression, as do the new Tiana CMs.

I could say youre a pixie duster trying to pretend Tiana isn't old. Lets not push people into categories based on one opinion.

I have a Magic Key and go regularly and have a great time, so hardly in the "Disney is evil" group think.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom