Rumors. Musings. Casual.

Sectorkeeper71

Probably not iconic… maybe if it were based on the OT it would be.

I struggle to think of any IP rides I would call iconic. Indiana Jones is maybe the only.
Wouldn’t tower of terror count given the twilight zone IP? Though you could probably remove the twilight zone theme and keep it as “haunted cursed hotel” and it wouldn’t hurt the ride experience that much

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I wish this was true but after seeing the ridiculous turn around on the prequals I wouldn't be so sure.
The prequels weren’t close to that bad…and it’s incredible to see it even said…

But the prequels weren’t the first…but Disney knew better than to mess with people after that experience…

And boy…did they not learn…

bryanfze55

But the prequels weren’t the first…but Disney knew better than to mess with people after that experience…

I don’t think The Force Awakens is bad at all. Good movie on its own. The sequels started off with promise. I don’t think they were trash to begin with.

Dranth

I don't know about that; they are pretty terrible. In a way I find them worse because George was the one doing it. The new ones ended up trash tier to me but so were the prequels.

That doesn't mean they can't turn it around as Disney has shown they can do some good stuff. Mando season 1, 2 and Andor come to mind for me. Not much else though.

SpectreJordan

I can only reasonable speculate what the data says in Orlando…

But my strong hunch is it’s telling them that the loss of core customera these last few years leads back to the Bob’s decisions to not only botch the “grand investment” period after avatar…leaving the parks just m as ill equipped/sinking as they were prior (obvious mistakes)…but now not doing anything to get back on the horse.

Yielding an entirely new park/compound to Comcast with nothing under construction?

Unheard of. That’s not Disney…we all know it. Some of us openly admit it…some are slower to absorb the truth serum.
It's a far cry from the days when Eisner bumped a proposed theme park land into a full-blown park just to try & screw Universal over. 😢

UNCgolf

I don’t think The Force Awakens is bad at all. Good movie on its own. The sequels started off with promise. I don’t think they were trash to begin with.

I actually kind of hated Force Awakens (and I think it's a big reason the Last Jedi was such a disappointment to so many people -- Force Awakens gave it essentially nothing interesting to work with), but that definitely wasn't the general consensus. People seemed to like it.

bryanfze55

I actually kind of hated Force Awakens (and I think it's a big reason the Last Jedi was such a disappointment to so many people -- Force Awakens gave it essentially nothing interesting to work with), but that definitely wasn't the general consensus. People seemed to like it.
I don’t think it was particularly creative or ambitious. I wouldn’t call it a work of art by any means.

But I enjoyed watching it and have watched it again since. Sometimes enjoyable is fine.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't know about that; they are pretty terrible. In a way I find them worse because George was the one doing it. The new ones ended up trash tier to me but so were the prequels.

That doesn't mean they can't turn it around as Disney has shown they can do some good stuff. Mando season 1, 2 and Andor come to mind for me. Not much else though.
We know George’s sins…overblown cgi…scale bigger than necessary…and terrible dialogue and wooden acting

No disputes

But that doesn’t cover a remake and two doses of awful/disaster

A complete failure to understand anything about Star Wars…

If they had to Talked to five middle aged dudes…they could have avengers box offices and a huge demand for more

But no…

It’s really not that complicated

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It was a reboot…and not a great one at that.

Harry got paid though
I knew what they had done when I walked out of it…but was willing to see where they went with the other 2

In the wash…they are all terrible. Gross mismanagement from about every angle

mickEblu

I disagree. It’s Star Wars. Even if it’s themed after the newer trilogy, the brand still has incredible staying power.

I also think the sequels are going to go through the same sort of rehabilitation the prequels did as this generation of kids gets older. I say this as a prequel kid that I always thought those were cool and “my Star Wars” despite getting older and realizing they’re flawed as all hell.

Doesn’t mean they shouldn’t have themed the ride to the original trilogy, but I think long term it’s a fun ride after a recognizable IP even if it’s themed after its weakest trilogy

I think the excessive dialogue and the over use of CGI make the prequels are the worst trilogy and I guess that's "my Star Wars" too. Being born in 82 I don't feel like I really belong to any trilogy but the Prequels would be the closest to fit that category. Watched the original trilogy when I was like 12 on VHS and Star Wars was practically non existent. Phantom Menace came out when I was 17.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom