Rumors. Musings. Casual.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This isn't a defense of the cannons being broken, they should be fixed, but...

When I rode Rise with the cannons working, I was focused on these big blocks moving back and forth and completely missed the Star Wars star wars happening outside the window. :D

If/When they fix the cannons, it'd be nice if they had the RVs turn toward the window in between canons 1 and 2 as if our droid driver wanted to see what the cannons were shooting at.

Jrb1979

I’m struggling to find a local carnival that offers its own rise of the resistance. Maybe the funhouse has really gotten a plus up since I last visited?
On a whole none have a rise of the resistance.
I'm talking about things like the drop track. My local park has a dark ride with a drop track.

Sectorkeeper71

On a whole none have a rise of the resistance.
I'm talking about things like the drop track. My local park has a dark ride with a drop track.
I’ve genuinely never been to a local park that has a dark ride with a drop track. I know the tech as a whole isn’t brand new, but the idea of putting a dark ride into a drop tower and simulator all in one is pretty new to me

Lilofan

I mean hey, I just roll down the street to chipotle to get peco bills that’s not nearly as expensive and tastes a lot better than going to PB
We get our money's worth at Chipotle. I get double of everything on the hotline and the food bowl is so huge I can bring home 1/2 of it home and have a full meal tomorrow.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We can point out Disney’s flaws while admitting that Rise is one of the best rides in the world and this was not a low-effort, cost-cutting offering from Disney.

The biggest critique which ties into the first part is the excessive downtime it experiences, which is by far the biggest flaw of the ride
It’s…ambitious…but not sure either its appeal or prospects at longevity makes it iconic?

Sectorkeeper71

It’s…ambitious…but not sure either its appeal or prospects at longevity makes it iconic?
I disagree. It’s Star Wars. Even if it’s themed after the newer trilogy, the brand still has incredible staying power.

I also think the sequels are going to go through the same sort of rehabilitation the prequels did as this generation of kids gets older. I say this as a prequel kid that I always thought those were cool and “my Star Wars” despite getting older and realizing they’re flawed as all hell.

Doesn’t mean they shouldn’t have themed the ride to the original trilogy, but I think long term it’s a fun ride after a recognizable IP even if it’s themed after its weakest trilogy

J4546

Altho...

WDW could use a really impressive ferris wheel and hall of mirrors...

as cool as this is imo, in disney they would be covered in fingerprints and smeared within minutes, also guests would probably hurt themselves and try to sue from walking into them. Sucks, but its just the ways things are

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I disagree. It’s Star Wars. Even if it’s themed after the newer trilogy, the brand still has incredible staying power.

I also think the sequels are going to go through the same sort of rehabilitation the prequels did as this generation of kids gets older. I say this as a prequel kid that I always thought those were cool and “my Star Wars” despite getting older and realizing they’re flawed as all hell.

Doesn’t mean they shouldn’t have themed the ride to the original trilogy, but I think long term it’s a fun ride after a recognizable IP even if it’s themed after its weakest trilogy
We can agree to disagree

The prequels get a pass these wont get.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom