News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

JohnD

Is that enough time to get this done? Or are my expectations on the amount of work they're doing too high? I mean, I'd rather they leave the show alone, but as long as they're doing this, I hope they fully work on the AAs.
Songs recorded. Programming almost done. What I want to know is will all the AAs still be there but with new music or will some be pulled and some new added?

TrainsOfDisney

is an AA bear singing a Disney song entertaining? We will find out.

What made Country Bears fun was the over the top humor - “tears will be the chaser for my wine” “blood in the saddle” “all the guys that turn me on” - those same bears singing Bear Neccesities won’t necessarily be quite as funny.

The good news is…. We aren’t losing them. Under new management came back. Heck even captain eo came back! Haha

JohnD

is an AA bear singing a Disney song entertaining? We will find out.

What made Country Bears fun was the over the top humor - “tears will be the chaser for my wine” “blood in the saddle” “all the guys that turn me on” - those same bears singing Bear Neccesities won’t necessarily be quite as funny.

The good news is…. We aren’t losing them. Under new management came back. Heck even captain eo came back! Haha
Okay. I'll state outright what is already being hinted at. Under New Management was already tried. Look how that turned out. It took an accidental? fire to bring back the original show in shortened form. (To the uninitiated, I am referring to Enchanted Tiki Birds.)

MerlinTheGoat

Songs recorded. Programming almost done. What I want to know is will all the AAs still be there but with new music or will some be pulled and some new added?
So far, variants of *most* of the existing characters have been accounted for on the poster at least. Even the Five Bear Rugs get a mention at the bottom. Missing characters from the poster are Gomer and the Sun Bonnets. Also no mention of Little Oscar or Sammy, though these two are minor characters who may just not have made the poster.

Liver Lips is getting a major visual overhaul and renamed to Romeo. He now has slicked back suave blonde hair.

1704837569867.jpeg

TrainsOfDisney

Okay. I'll state outright what is already being hinted at. Under New Management was already tried.
Oh I know - but what I’m saying is as long as we don’t lose the bears, we can get back the original show one day. I’d rather have that.

And musically - the bear necessities they teased does sound good and very appropriate for the attraction so there is hope they do a good job.

TrainsOfDisney

So far, variants of *most* of the existing characters have been accounted for on the poster at least. Even the Five Bear Rugs get a mention at the bottom. Missing characters from the poster are Gomer and the Sun Bonnets. Also no mention of Little Oscar or Sammy, though these two are minor characters who may just not have made the poster.

Liver Lips is getting a major visual overhaul and renamed to Romeo. He now has slicked back suave blonde hair.

View attachment 762342
Also… that poster is perfect. Definitely has the look and feel of an old opry poster.

JohnD

View attachment 762342
If they keep anything, it should be the intro of the band by Henry. Then move into the new musical pieces, etc. I'm sure the mounted animals will still have an intro role too.

JohnD

I sure hope they don't delete The Ballad of Davy Crockett. I'd be very sad if so 😟
You'd think some classics would remain. While I will miss them, times today dictate that Blood in the Saddle, "shoot him instead", Tears for my Chaser, Men who turn me on turn me down, and "as soon as I find me me a ladder I'll be right up!" will be removed.

TrainsOfDisney

You'd think some classics would remain. While I will miss them, times today dictate that Blood in the Saddle, "shoot him instead", Tears for my Chaser, Men who turn me on turn me down, and "as soon as I find me me a ladder I'll be right up!" will be removed.
No, got to keep up the family friendly image by promoting wholesome movies like guardians of the galaxy ;)

yensidtlaw1969

Tokyo has a really good track record, but they are still capable of getting things wrong. Or rather the imagineers are. I think their renovation of Peter Pan's Flight a few years back is kind of an awkward mixed bag. And i'm most definitely not interested in seeing Stitch invade the Tiki Room.

I wouldn't be championing this new show even if it was a Tokyo project. IMO it's not even worth any hypothetically spruced up animatronics (which Disney should be routinely doing to all attractions regardless).
Just wanted to second the idea that their Peter Pan's Flight refurb was actually a step backward rather than an forward - losing the Fly-thru Neverland Room in favor of Fly-over Neverland models zapped a lot of the richness and environmental feel out of the ride. The ride was absolutely deserving of improvements, but they should have just punched up the execution of what was there already. Instead the result is far fewer show elements and much more negative space.

I'm constantly grateful WDW's PPF didn't take notes from Tokyo's redo. Our version desperately needs love, but I think Tokyo lost the plot here and shouldn't be followed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom