News Bob Iger is back! Chapek is out!!

Raidermatt

And I think nobody was actually more upset about the loss of that Wells/Eisner dynamic than Eisner.

He wanted to be like Walt and he was happy to have someone else play the "Roy" so he could focus on the "fun" stuff.

It seems like after Wells left, the problem became one of personal dynamics.

After more than a decade in a kind of relationship, how do you promote someone new into a position to work with you like that where part of their job is to tell you "no"?
Saying Wells was Eisner's Roy does not accurately capture the relationship. For most practical purposes, Wells and Eisner were equals. Neither had sway over the other, except that all knew the preference of the investors was to have Wells in charge. Things were done that Eisner, left to his own devices, would have nixed. Execs stayed around because they could work purely through Wells.

Eisner was no creative genius. He may have wanted to be Walt, but he lacked the talent and he felt threatened by those with talent. This is why relationships with so many creatives and with other companies imploded when Eisner ran the show. As bad a place as the animation studio was in when Eisner/Wells came aboard, it was in a worse place when he was forced out.

Wells's position was about much more than just telling Eisner no. It was about actively running major portions of the company, and providing a buffer between the many talented individuals who Eisner otherwise alienated. Eisner never wanted this arrangement. He accepted it because it was his chance to be a CEO and there was no way Roy E and the investors were going to turn the entire company over to him. The death of Wells gave him the opportunity to take full and complete control. He did not want another Wells, nor did he even want another Roy O.

CaptainAmerica

I haven't ordered from Chipotle since 2015 when people in Boston got sick. So many better Tex-Mex restaurants to eat at.

But I agree, quality at most places has suffered since the pandemic.
I don't got to Chipotle for amazing Tex-Mex, I go because it's the only place I can get a reasonably healthy meal made-to-order within 5 minutes (usually).

Lilofan

I haven't ordered from Chipotle since 2015 when people in Boston got sick. So many better Tex-Mex restaurants to eat at.

But I agree, quality at most places has suffered since the pandemic.
Tex Mex is not authentic Mexican food. It’s is food items accommodated by Texans to their tastes. Give me torta al pastor , cabeza, lengua anytime and that’s the real deal.

hopemax

All of the fast food around me has gone off a cliff since COVID, whether that's the burger chains, the "fast casual" places like Chipotle or Panera, or some of the independent local places we have. The food hasn't changed much, but service is impossibly slow (and inaccurate), the dining rooms are filthy, and prices are through the roof.
True for around here too. Except McDonalds. Order it on the app, comes out fast, and most importantly the order is correct and it's usually hot. We've actually been having it more than usual because everyone else has been so bad. Even In-N-Out messed up my order, and then forgot about making the replacement. DH was completely done eating by the time I got my simple cheeseburger.

It has affected our decisions where and how often to eat out.

CaptainMickey

NBCUniversal CEO Jeff Shell Expects Disney to Write ‘Big Check’ for Comcast’s Hulu Stake​

Disney has guaranteed a minimum total equity value of $27.5 billion, suggesting that Comcast’s share would be worth at least $9 billion.

This was Iger's baby from the start. Part of the Fox deal. Looks like Comcast wrote a great deal for themselves no matter how it pans out. $9 billion minimum to walk away. Interesting to see how Disney moves forward with Hulu. Will Iger spend another $9 Billion in 2024 for full control? That's more then Marvel and Lucasfilm cost Disney, COMBINED. Maybe they might sell Hulu to pay down some debt and introduce HotStar in the US for there general entertainment streamer? It's been successful in the rest of the world already. If they take full control of Hulu, do they take it international? They already have HotStar in markets outside the US. Or maybe they forget about general entertainment all together and just focus on Disney content for Disney+?

Last edited:

Vegas Disney Fan

All of the fast food around me has gone off a cliff since COVID, whether that's the burger chains, the "fast casual" places like Chipotle or Panera, or some of the independent local places we have. The food hasn't changed much, but service is impossibly slow (and inaccurate), the dining rooms are filthy, and prices are through the roof.

Service is a huge problem here also, if it’s after 11pm the only places I even attempt anymore are Canes, In n out, and Taco Bell… the other 24 hour drive throughs just let you sit until you leave without ever taking your order, despite seeing workers inside.

I’d rather have restaurants close rather than have 24 hour signs in the window but never take your order.

Heppenheimer

Panera has definitely changed for the worst. I wonder if they're now in the "increase profitability" stage of chain restaurant evolution, which is usually followed by either permanent stagnation and/or death spiral.

Br0ckford

Back in my day we killed our food with our bare hands. We didn't have no high feluten dang sanitation. We ate the food barely cooked and we all got disentary. And we liked it. We liked it just fine.

Getting Old Baby Boomers GIF by MOODMAN

DCLcruiser

Tex Mex is not authentic Mexican food. It’s is food items accommodated by Texans to their tastes. Give me torta al pastor , cabeza, lengua anytime and that’s the real deal.
Agreed. I prefer authentic street taco places. NYC's Lower East Side has great spots. Corn tortillas with al pastor, pineapple, etc etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom