Hurricane Ian expected to impact Florida (updates and related discussions)

Brisco

By the way, how did Adam get stuck and Tom trapped in WDW resorts when they live right there in town? Adam had to cut his Utah trip short and fly from good weather back to WDW to get stuck in Contemp for the storm.
He actually was planning on coming from Utah Tuesday just never changed his plans. Apparently he had this contemporary trip booked for a while as he was doing a series on EPCOT'S 40th. So just kind of lucked out.

G00fyDad

Really?? We're down to arguing with each other now? I feel like I am watching my grandsons for the day.
cat kids GIF

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Lilofan

Here’s where the interesting parts of any storm start:

1. Early estimates on damage: $40,000,000,000
2. Number of Floridians who had lost their homeowners/flood insurance due to collapse in the insurance market in Florida prior this year to this week: 440,000
3. The most expensive to insure/under insured real estate on the planet - Ft to ft? Take a wild guess where?
4. Guess who is going to be asked (quietly) to bail this whole thing out? - Los Estados unidos. Bet there won’t be a lot of tough talk cable news interviews on that topic, eh?
5. Everyone hates the government until their mail box gets washed away, don’t they? Gonna take years to try and patch this one back together
The affected ones of the 440,000 who lost their FL home insurance and could not get another one with damages from Ian are screwed beyond belief.

Lilofan

Are you serial?

Because it’s required to make money off people…and then they run for the hills when something happens.

It’s fascinating to look at what exactly is going on in the Florida market. It’s a “disaster” on its own. It got little national play…now it will.
Still didn’t answer my question. One pays for insurance gets repairs. One that does not have insurance gets bail out ( repairs ) according to you

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Still didn’t answer my question. One pays for insurance gets repairs. One that does not have insurance gets bail out ( repairs ) according to you

To add to this, when you pay for insurance you aren't guaranteed repairs. Insurance companies are really shifty after Hurricaines. You have to argue with them about everything and they turn down a ton of claims.

Lilofan

To add to this, when you pay for insurance you aren't guaranteed repairs. Insurance companies are really shifty after Hurricaines. You have to argue with them about everything and they turn down a ton of claims.
2004 Charley , insurance would give you dollar figure to fix your roof after submitting a claim. Then one calls several roofers that state We can repair this but the amount is 2x the figure XYZ insurance company gave you. Price gouging 101. Get your roof fixed or live with a blue tarp over the holes of your roof. Pray the rain doesn’t come inside.

Vegas Disney Fan

I’m not familiar with the insurance issues in Florida but based on what I’m seeing on the news I’m guessing it’s the older, pre hurricane building code buildings that are impossible to insure?

It’s crazy seeing new builds more or less unscathed right next to a home that was absolutely blown apart.

Lilofan

I’m not familiar with the insurance issues in Florida but based on what I’m seeing on the news I’m guessing it’s the older, pre hurricane building code buildings that are impossible to insure?

It’s crazy seeing new builds more or less unscathed right next to a home that was absolutely blown apart.
Call AAA , will not insure a home that was built before 2003 or a roof more than 15 years old or older.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You’re showing a bit of naivety on this…see below
👆🏻👆🏻

Half of insurance company staff is employed to deny claims. Welcome to the free market…free for them

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Take it from the source: smerconish…

But it sounds like a lot of shenanigans have been going in the insurance commissioners office?
That isn’t a red/blue problem…it’s 50 for 50

Few realize that coverage is set by the states in most places due to regs (or lack thereof)…they can modify/change what does and does not have to be covered/paid when they want. Which Means “pressure” from the usual suspects. Starts with an “L”

You do the math

heapster411

After hurricane Ida I had some roof and fence damage, my insurance company ( like a good neighbor) sent out an independent insurance adjuster. After inspection he indicated I needed a new roof and fence. their head adjuster look over the photos and said that I didn't need a new roof just some repairs. So since this was a named storm, my insurance deductible increased from $2500.00 to $7500.00, the insurance company did their accounting mojo to where they were not going to cover anything. In my case I had to obtain SBA loan for $25000 to cover the new roof and fence. If my insurance company can find a way to move out of Louisiana, they would not hesitate to leave. Been paying a premium for over 30 years and they really don't want to pay any claims. It would be easier to take what I pay in premiums, put it in a CD, and self insure myself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom