Hurricane Ian expected to impact Florida (updates and related discussions)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Here’s where the interesting parts of any storm start:

1. Early estimates on damage: $40,000,000,000
2. Number of Floridians who had lost their homeowners/flood insurance due to collapse in the insurance market in Florida prior this year to this week: 440,000
3. The most expensive to insure/under insured real estate on the planet - Ft to ft? Take a wild guess where?
4. Guess who is going to be asked (quietly) to bail this whole thing out? - Los Estados unidos. Bet there won’t be a lot of tough talk cable news interviews on that topic, eh?
5. Everyone hates the government until their mail box gets washed away, don’t they? Gonna take years to try and patch this one back together

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Because it's all over social media and a lot of employees (some of which are likely reading this) are whining about "their safety" being compromised (when the most that happened to most of them is they have some tree debris in their yard).
Well we know that kinda exaggerations sells clicks. Best tune that out…experience tells us.

None of us needs to defend that “little” company. They are what they are. The board story from today is far more interesting than any storm fallout - frankly.

To be fair…the “it’s just amusement parks” is academically valid and an easy button for the press to push. So don’t react and you diminish it’s effect. That is a ploy - for sure.

Tom Morrow

Well we know that kinda exaggerations sells clicks. Best tune that out…experience tells us.

None of us needs to defend that “little” company. They are what they are. The board story from today is far more interesting than any storm fallout - frankly.

To be fair…the “it’s just amusement parks” is academically valid and an easy button for the press to push. So don’t react and you diminish it’s effect. That is a ploy - for sure.

I'm talking about people's comments, not official posts.

Actually I have no idea what you're getting at.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Any info on what damage Everest received
It appears the train's track that takes guests up the mountain was severely damaged. Oddly enough the flags went unscathed.

Expedition_Everest_Broken_Track_1.jpeg

JoeCamel

It appears the train's track that takes guests up the mountain was severely damaged. Oddly enough the flags went unscathed.

View attachment 670362
Flags were strung after the damage occurred , unknown local custom to warn tourists but we are fortunate the exhaustive research conducted on the development excursions revealed this exotic factoid.
Be grateful we put in the work to make your visit to our world special, remember you are the magic

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Why are you giving reasons when nobody is really asking?
Seems unnecessary.

Disney closes for a hurricane…they clean up, and reopen…nothing different here.
There’s been lots of virtue signaling on social media, mostly twitter, from some loud folks who are in shock the parks aren’t closed “for weeks” so “people can clean up.” They’re also quite annoyed that locals had the nerve to visit the parks today. It’s all very odd and it’s clear they don’t know how the world operates.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There’s been lots of virtue signaling on social media, mostly twitter, from some loud folks who are in shock the parks aren’t closed “for weeks” so “people can clean up.” They’re also quite annoyed that locals had the nerve to visit the parks today. It’s all very odd and it’s clear they don’t know how the world operates.
Well they seem to not know how THAT World operates?

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Well they seem to not know how THAT World operates?
I don’t know…there was not a single business or restaurant that I drove past today that wasn’t open. The area is open for business way beyond Disney, who didn’t do anything out of the ordinary by reopening today. They’re just an easy target for the twitter and tik tok virtue signalers.

I’m not trying to argue or be disrespectful, either. I’m just saying- this is what I observed around town today.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don’t know…there was not a single business or restaurant that I drove past today that wasn’t open. The area is open for business way beyond Disney, who didn’t do anything out of the ordinary by reopening today. They’re just an easy target for the twitter and tik tok virtue signalers.

I’m not trying to argue or be disrespectful, either. I’m just saying- this is what I observed around town today.
I don’t think anything is unreasonable. It would be different if safety issues were ignored for reopening but that isn’t the case.

I don’t get the sensational criticism or theme park guilt?…other that to just say both exist and neither need to…

It’s after the storm…so things resume. That’s not the same as calling for this during the storm…which would be immature and inappropriate.

Unnecessary angst/wasted hot air here.

Last edited:
By the way, how did Adam get stuck and Tom trapped in WDW resorts when they live right there in town? Adam had to cut his Utah trip short and fly from good weather back to WDW to get stuck in Contemp for the storm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom