Priciest Place on Earth

EPCOT-O.G.

Now TWDC can blame COVID AND INFLATION 🤣

It doesn't matter, for every family they price out, there are many, many more returning and new guests that will MOB WDW.

Oh man. Now I'm thinking of that graph of how much higher Disney tickets have increased over time relative to inflation..

Imhere

Ticket prices - I purchased From UT

2007 - 7 Day Hopper - $254.95
2010 - 6 Day Hopper - $286.95
2013 - 7 Day Hopper - $349.75
2019 - 7 Day Hopper - $482.89
2019 - 6 Day Hopper - $546.94
2019 - 7 Day Hopper - $557.10
2022 - 6 Day Hopper - $661.95

Disstevefan1

Oh man. Now I'm thinking of that graph of how much higher Disney tickets have increased over time relative to inflation..
It would be interesting to do that today since we have explosive inflation today, and Bobby can say, "see everybody, our prices are inline with inflation" 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Jimmy Thick

Just booked a trip for August for my whole family and boy, I think I spent more money this trip than my last 2 before covid combined. Or it seems that way. The sticker shock is real.

But worth it.

Covid and the thought of dying from it apparently knocked some sense into me. Money is just money you can't take it with you to the great beyond and we only have a limited amount of time on this mortal coil. I say live and love with those you live and love with.

Disney World how I have missed thee and the 8k price tag.

"All people, no matter who they are, all wish they'd appreciated life more. It's what you do in life that's important, not how much time you have." - David Bowie

Lilofan

Just booked a trip for August for my whole family and boy, I think I spent more money this trip than my last 2 before covid combined. Or it seems that way. The sticker shock is real.

But worth it.

Covid and the thought of dying from it apparently knocked some sense into me. Money is just money you can't take it with you to the great beyond and we only have a limited amount of time on this mortal coil. I say live and love with those you live and love with.

Disney World how I have missed thee and the 8k price tag.

"All people, no matter who they are, all wish they'd appreciated life more. It's what you do in life that's important, not how much time you have." - David Bowie
Have a great time , life is short , take along some ponchos for daily rain storms and Aug Sept is peak hurricane season.

CampbellzSoup

You don’t have to stay at a deluxe accommodations and you don’t need to eat at these overpriced tasteless restaurants. It’s really not bad otherwise.

eliza61nyc

You don’t have to stay at a deluxe accommodations and you don’t need to eat at these overpriced tasteless restaurants. It’s really not bad otherwise.
lol of course you don't "have" to but many folks actually enjoy it. I love the AKL and no I can't get the experience off site. We love waking up and watching the animals. I love the beach club villas. walking home from epcot at the end of the night is worth it's wait in gold for my family.
the one thing I do like about wdw is that there really is a lot of options. People assume that folks who stay deluxe some how don't know what their options are. We know

eliza61nyc

Calm down. if you choose to waste your money to “see animals” be my guests I’m talking in general for those who do the nonstop complaining about it being too expensive there are options. You kind of made my exact point, but took it personally. Enjoy your walks.
I wasn't excited, I was just pointing out that for us it's not a "waste". now as for personally? not sure what's the problem. I mean people tell about their experiences. Experiences are personal. that's actually a good thing

Lilofan

Calm down. if you choose to waste your money to “see animals” be my guests I’m talking in general for those who do the nonstop complaining about it being too expensive there are options. You kind of made my exact point, but took it personally. Enjoy your walks.
I enjoy seeing the animals too ( for free ) . After a gut busting meal at Boma all u can eat breakfast or dinner we walk outside and view the animals , then drive back to our hotel.

CampbellzSoup

I enjoy seeing the animals too ( for free ) . After a gut busting meal at Boma all u can eat breakfast or dinner we walk outside and view the animals , then drive back to our hotel.
I never ate at Boma I gotta give it a try. I always close down the parks, and eat outside Domu are some of the best wings I’ve ever had in my life.

John park hopper

I have read all these posts and is it the prices place on earth-- for some people it is for others it is not. It's all relative to your financial situation. No one can tell another person how to spend their money on what gives them enjoyment. For me and my opinion only I have been many times and WDW has changed to the point I would rather go other places see new things. For those who choose to go I hope you have a get time.

Chef Mickey

I really don't think it's that expensive relative to other travel destinations. Traveling is expensive and there is a ton of entertainment at Disney. Sure, it's gotten more expensive over time, but I think there are only a few costs that are really insane. I totally disagree with paying to ride. It's the wrong cost structure and execution if you're doing that.

Chef Mickey

I've crossed the Atlantic for under $300 from Miami.
There are always these deals from time to time, but go look at airfare now. Dallas to San Fran $550 all day long. Airfare has gotten expensive due to oil, inflation, etc.

Sure, you can still find deals, but in general, airfare is higher than in a long time.

JusticeDisney

If WDW is too expensive for you, then don’t go. If you do decide to go to WDW, then about the cost.

Isn’t it really just as simple as that? I mean, what am I missing here?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lilofan

If WDW is too expensive for you, then don’t go. If you do decide to go to WDW, then STFU about the cost.

Isn’t it really just as simple as that? I mean, what am I missing here?
On a budget if one wants to see the shows , fireworks and attractions , usually someone uploads the items of You Tube. View in the comfort of your residence.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I've crossed the Atlantic for under $300 from Miami.

Lowest I ever got was about $600 Miami to Gatwick on TAP. The taxes were as much as the flight.

In hindsight I would have spent double that amount - just to not have to layover in Lisbon and take that God forsaken bus. There was a moment where I very seriously contemplated that they were actually going to bus me to the UK. I started questioning whether they had built a tunnel I didn't know about.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
UK Aviation taxes are some of the highest on the planet. Whenever we travel transatlantic, we make major attempts to avoid transiting in the UK. LIS and MAD are our usual transit airports.

I don't like the MAD layovers. Cause a part of me doesn't want to get back on the plane. I just want to stay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom