Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virtual Toad

Right...
So now, what was done - was the government acted in a way that falls in lock step with the belief's of these people.
Reinforcing everything they subscribe to.
Why should the government not take steps to control the pandemic? Doing nothing to try to appease the minority who won’t be appeased no matter what, at the expense of the health, welfare and economic security of everyone else?

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
If before end of 2021 as beginining of COVID-19 pandemic ending if there was no new strain or variant, then we'll be out of the woods next year as no more masks, etc...

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Well some people smarter than most of us are saying its possible. The problem is there are as many saying it's further out. Here is to hoping next year Disney is no mask, no worries.
I hope its not 2023/2024 or 2025. My bet is end of 2021 where the beginning of COVID-19 pandemic ending starting as low cases as more people vaccinated before a new variant or new strain gets worse by Spring 2022.

lazyboy97o

When folks understand that there are TWO separate paths, out of this Pandemic....
a)Vaccination, or b)death.
Not our business choosing for others, and we don't need to. Natural Selection has done well, over thousands of years :).

Please consider being in "group A'. However? TOTALLY your choice :).
Except the mortality isn’t that high. Lots of people don’t die but they do cause disruptions to those who did choose to get vaccinated. This idea that it is wrong for the vaccinated to chose for others but right and noble for the unvaccinated to choose for others is bonkers and backwards.

Roy G. Dis

Summer of 2022 will be lit. It'll be like the Summer of 2021 we were supposed to be have! (June was a pretty nice time for visiting Wdw).

-vickimouse-

When folks understand that there are TWO separate paths, out of this Pandemic....
Not our business choosing for others, and we don't need to. Natural Selection has done well, over thousands of years :).

You forgot option c) natural immunity post-recovery from Covid infection.

Everyone seems to think that cannot happen, but it can and does.

Rich Brownn

There's A) vaccination B) death c) recovered d) recovered with permanent organ damage e) recovered but required intense hospilization d) recovered but still in therapy six months later. Definitely choose A

Patcheslee

I actually do enjoy keeping a distance from folks on public transportation, including the masks. I can make funny faces at people they can't see. Ok, some may be considered risque or rude(wink wink nudge nudge say no more) , lol. Shhh.
During the short 1 month period of not having to wear masks at work, coworkers and I discussed how we had to remember to control our expressions again when management was being a pain.

hopemax

There's A) vaccination B) death c) recovered d) recovered with permanent organ damage e) recovered but required intense hospilization d) recovered but still in therapy six months later. Definitely choose A
Choice A is the only one people can actually make. If they don't choose A then they no longer control which of those other things happens. Nature, genetics and fate do. If people really want the control of the outcome they otherwise are lacking in this situation, choose A.

SteveAZee

There's also the problem that the unvaccinated aren't just choosing for themselves, they are potentially catching and infecting many others with the virus, continuing the spread and hampering the the end of the pandemic, hurting others, swamping hospitals and stalling economic recovery. Getting vaccination greatly reduces the change of spreading to others.

Thinking it's only about the person making the choice to get vaccinated or not is very similar to the way drunk driving doesn't just affect the driver, it affects everyone else sharing the road.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
You forgot option c) natural immunity post-recovery from Covid infection.

Everyone seems to think that cannot happen, but it can and does.
I don’t think anyone is forgetting that, but it’s not a plan or an easy way out to rely on natural immunity.

We have about 90M unvaccinated American adults. Maybe 20M have had covid and have some level of natural immunity. So should the plan be to let the other 70M get infected? That’s almost twice as many who have been naturally infected already and that took 18 months. So to ”wait“ for all those people to become naturally immune may take several years and that assumes a variant doesn‘t emerge that reduces or eliminates natural immunity. We are all likely facing a vaccine booster in the near future. How would a booster work for people naturally immune? Do they have to get Cpvid naturally again to jump start their immune system? Isn’t it easier to just get as many people as possible vaccinated? That’s the fastest way to get to a return to normal.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Summer of 2022 will be lit. It'll be like the Summer of 2021 we were supposed to be have! (June was a pretty nice time for visiting Wdw).
I had a good time in August when I visited but I am looking forward to a future trip where we talk about that crazy trip where we all still had masks on in the ride photos. June felt good but delta combined with too low a vaccine rate ruined that. If at first you don’t succeed try, try again. We double down on vaccine efforts and hope to get to the level we need. Here‘s to a mask and distancing and covid free Summer of 2022 👍👍👍

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
I had a good time in August when I visited but I am looking forward to a future trip where we talk about that crazy trip where we all still had masks on in the ride photos. June felt good but delta combined with too low a vaccine rate ruined that. If at first you don’t succeed try, try again. We double down on vaccine efforts and hope to get to the level we need. Here‘s to a mask and distancing and covid free Summer of 2022 👍👍👍
Soon future vaccines will be faster than others for future pandemic as the future pandemic should be not problem anymore in the future.;)

EpcoTim

There's also the problem that the unvaccinated aren't just choosing for themselves, they are potentially catching and infecting many others with the virus, continuing the spread and hampering the the end of the pandemic, hurting others, swamping hospitals and stalling economic recovery. Getting vaccination greatly reduces the change of spreading to others.

Thinking it's only about the person making the choice to get vaccinated or not is very similar to the way drunk driving doesn't just affect the driver, it affects everyone else sharing the road.

Vaxx'd or unVaxx'd you can still spread it just the same. In fact, the Vaxx'd are probably more dangerous because we believe we're already in the clear and far less likely to show any symptoms. You can still spread it to grandma though.

"It also found no significant difference in the viral load present in the breakthrough infections occurring in fully vaccinated people and the other cases, suggesting the viral load of vaccinated and unvaccinated persons infected with the coronavirus is similar."

And like that guy earlier who blamed the unVaxx'd for his mothers illness, he might want to blame the baby (and consider blaming the Vaxx'd)

"This finding is concerning and was a pivotal discovery leading to CDC's updated mask recommendation. The masking recommendation was updated to ensure the vaccinated public would not unknowingly transmit virus to others, including their unvaccinated or immunocompromised loved ones," (from previous article)

I know people want to push their agendas, but picking and choosing which facts you want to believe and which facts you want to ignore does no one any good. Vaxx'd or unVaxx'd, you have to look at the whole data set or none of it. Spreading non-sense is pointless no matter which side of the VAXX boat you are on.

JoeCamel

Vaxx'd or unVaxx'd you can still spread it just the same. In fact, the Vaxx'd are probably more dangerous because we believe we're already in the clear and far less likely to show any symptoms. You can still spread it to grandma though.

"It also found no significant difference in the viral load present in the breakthrough infections occurring in fully vaccinated people and the other cases, suggesting the viral load of vaccinated and unvaccinated persons infected with the coronavirus is similar."

And like that guy earlier who blamed the unVaxx'd for his mothers illness, he might want to blame the baby (and consider blaming the Vaxx'd)

"This finding is concerning and was a pivotal discovery leading to CDC's updated mask recommendation. The masking recommendation was updated to ensure the vaccinated public would not unknowingly transmit virus to others, including their unvaccinated or immunocompromised loved ones," (from previous article)

I know people want to push their agendas, but picking and choosing which facts you want to believe and which facts you want to ignore does no one any good. Vaxx'd or unVaxx'd, you have to look at the whole data set or none of it. Spreading non-sense is pointless no matter which side of the VAXX boat you are on.
But that is in breakthrough infections which are rare compared to the unvaxed spreading it and clogging up the hospitals. Wrong place to focus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom