Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

correcaminos

A sizable portion of the people who are not vaccinated have not done so because they do not trust the government, and do not want to put something into their bodies that a government they do not trust tells them to.
They view such government actions as authoritarian.
The government responds by enacting authoritarian measures.
This is not the way to win converts.
Trying to reason didn't work for most either. I can count on one hand the number of conspiracy following people (and that's what it is really - they believe misinformation) who have changed their minds due to talking it out. Some are now realizing they will not have a choice and doing it. Strong arm won't win trust, but it will get the job done. My patience with this all is nearly zero. My own state has been ridiculous and now surging beyond what I thought possible all due to this unvaxxed crap. My kids life has been upended by selfish fools and I'm beyond sick of it.

I’m a human, yet after 20yrs this is my first fb post:

My 75 year old vaccinated with diabetes mother was cruising along and miraculously navigating through these COVID times. Until. She wasn’t.

She went to a family party with unvaccinated people (I call them people just to be polite). Their breath contained an incredible amount of coronavirus, their tainted breath was unexpectedly and unknowingly inhaled by my mother, despite her taking minimal precautions - relying on family. Big mistake.

Sadly, my mom was only there because of her love to see the heavenly glow of a newborn baby. Turns out, she feels like she’s in hell now.

1 day later her legs felt like jelly, she crumbled and cracked to the floor, a day later she had a temp of 103. And a day after that, diagnosed with COVID.

She is tough, and strong and ready for battle. Another unfortunate piece of irony, she was just weeks away from her COVID booster.

If you’re reading this. You SHOULD know what you did. And I’m not happy. I’m not happy with those who do not get vaccinated. Especially unhappy with those in their lives who choose to be around others that are at risk. Even more unhappy with their enablers. Parents. The uneducated who declined the vaccine.

My mom will battle. My Dad, the perfect companion with the biggest heart, will be there with her, and probably be next with symptoms in the next few days.

They will battle this thing together 
and with me.

I encourage those who are hesitant or afraid of the COVID vaccine to call me. Everyday. I don’t do social. So call me. You know who you are. I’m looking forward to educating you. Until then, keep your *** away from my parents.
Sorry to hear about your mom. Hopefully she is doing better.
How sure of you it was unvaccinated adults at the family gathering that gave her Covid? Did you hear later that one or more had Covid? Could it have been a child present that had covid and had no symptoms? Also she could have gotten it from outside of the family gathering. Vaccinated adults can have covid with no/minor symptoms might have been present.

Tony the Tigger

A sizable portion of the people who are not vaccinated have not done so because they do not trust the government, and do not want to put something into their bodies that a government they do not trust tells them to.
They’re irrational, so it doesn’t matter what measures are enacted. It’s time to just vaccinate people or isolate them.

Kevin_W

MY DD's 8th grade band played pregame at the HS football game last night, so I went to my first HS football in a looong time.

Kids during the school day at their desks? Masks. Kids packed literally shoulder-to-shoulder in a football stadium for 3 hours? Go for it; no mask necessary.

I'm not sure with of those two is the right/wrong decision, but the disconnect seems pretty strong.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
MY DD's 8th grade band played pregame at the HS football game last night, so I went to my first HS football in a looong time.

Kids during the school day at their desks? Masks. Kids packed literally shoulder-to-shoulder in a football stadium for 3 hours? Go for it; no mask necessary.

I'm not sure with of those two is the right/wrong decision, but the disconnect seems pretty strong.

Both are the right decision. Cause Science. The data is clear. You can’t catch Covid at sporting events. See: Last weeks NCAA football games. Or tune in tomorrow for the NFL.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
What’s the answer then? We dropped masks and distancing for fully vaccinated people when we were told that would get the unvaccinated in for their shot and daily vaccination rates dropped. Vaccines have been readily available since April, how much longer should we wait to see if people come in on their own? What should the plan be? Lay it out for me because I’m at a loss for how we get out of this otherwise.

As far as the government enacting authoritarian measures, they haven‘t. The government hasn’t mandated that anyone get vaccinated except for Federal employees who work directly for the Federal government so they are being required by their employer not by the government directly. Companies have every right to require vaccinations for their workers and employees have every right to not get vaccinated and not work there. The OSHA rule itself will require weekly testing with an exception for those fully vaccinated. Nobody will be forced to be vaccinated by their employer let alone by the government. That’s just a political talking point. If someone decides they want to stay unvaccinated that’s their choice but that choice comes with consequences just like many choices in life. The point is nobody has to get vaccinated as a result of this. Nobody will be held down and forcibly jabbed.

mf1972

Trying to reason didn't work for most either. I can count on one hand the number of conspiracy following people (and that's what it is really - they believe misinformation) who have changed their minds due to talking it out. Some are now realizing they will not have a choice and doing it. Strong arm won't win trust, but it will get the job done. My patience with this all is nearly zero. My own state has been ridiculous and now surging beyond what I thought possible all due to this unvaxxed crap. My kids life has been upended by selfish fools and I'm beyond sick of it.
i had a semi argument with 2 coworkers of mine. back when the hospital i work at mandated vaccinations, they both complained nonstop & vowed to fight it. they did get medical exemptions, creating some tension at the time in my department.
now they’re complaining about having to wear a sticker on their ID badges that they’re unvaccinated. i couldn’t take it after awhile & told them “tough (use your imagination). u made this choice so deal with it.”
got a little heated, but we’re cool now. but jeez…they made it sound like wearing a sticker is worse than getting a shot 🙄

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I’m a human, yet after 20yrs this is my first fb post:

My 75 year old vaccinated with diabetes mother was cruising along and miraculously navigating through these COVID times. Until. She wasn’t.

She went to a family party with unvaccinated people (I call them people just to be polite). Their breath contained an incredible amount of coronavirus, their tainted breath was unexpectedly and unknowingly inhaled by my mother, despite her taking minimal precautions - relying on family. Big mistake.

Sadly, my mom was only there because of her love to see the heavenly glow of a newborn baby. Turns out, she feels like she’s in hell now.

1 day later her legs felt like jelly, she crumbled and cracked to the floor, a day later she had a temp of 103. And a day after that, diagnosed with COVID.

She is tough, and strong and ready for battle. Another unfortunate piece of irony, she was just weeks away from her COVID booster.

If you’re reading this. You SHOULD know what you did. And I’m not happy. I’m not happy with those who do not get vaccinated. Especially unhappy with those in their lives who choose to be around others that are at risk. Even more unhappy with their enablers. Parents. The uneducated who declined the vaccine.

My mom will battle. My Dad, the perfect companion with the biggest heart, will be there with her, and probably be next with symptoms in the next few days.

They will battle this thing together 
and with me.

I encourage those who are hesitant or afraid of the COVID vaccine to call me. Everyday. I don’t do social. So call me. You know who you are. I’m looking forward to educating you. Until then, keep your *** away from my parents.
Sorry to hear that. Hang in there

Rickcat96

What’s the answer then? We dropped masks and distancing for fully vaccinated people when we were told that would get the unvaccinated in for their shot and daily vaccination rates dropped. Vaccines have been readily available since April, how much longer should we wait to see if people come in on their own? What should the plan be? Lay it out for me because I’m at a loss for how we get out of this otherwise.

As far as the government enacting authoritarian measures, they haven‘t. The government hasn’t mandated that anyone get vaccinated except for Federal employees who work directly for the Federal government so they are being required by their employer not by the government directly. Companies have every right to require vaccinations for their workers and employees have every right to not get vaccinated and not work there. The OSHA rule itself will require weekly testing with an exception for those fully vaccinated. Nobody will be forced to be vaccinated by their employer let alone by the government. That’s just a political talking point. If someone decides they want to stay unvaccinated that’s their choice but that choice comes with consequences just like many choices in life. The point is nobody has to get vaccinated as a result of this. Nobody will be held down and forcibly jabbed.
Well said, Bravo :)

correcaminos

i had a semi argument with 2 coworkers of mine. back when the hospital i work at mandated vaccinations, they both complained nonstop & vowed to fight it. they did get medical exemptions, creating some tension at the time in my department.
now they’re complaining about having to wear a sticker on their ID badges that they’re unvaccinated. i couldn’t take it after awhile & told them “tough (use your imagination). u made this choice so deal with it.”
got a little heated, but we’re cool now. but jeez…they made it sound like wearing a sticker is worse than getting a shot 🙄
Bothers me that they got medical exemptions. Assuming it was more based on not wanting vs true issues. People acting this way do bother me a lot. Claiming discrimination and such. It's a health issue only. Not something one was born with. I'm still shocked so many normally vaccinated people fight this so much.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!

Well said. They tried incentives and they tried reasoning with people...this is the next step for this extremely reluctant 20%. The rest of us are tired and want to get on with our lives. This time, the unvaxxed need to stay home. I applaud all the venues (including some right here in central Florida, like the Dr. Phillips Center) that are moving towards mandatory vaccinations for entrance.

mf1972

Bothers me that they got medical exemptions. Assuming it was more based on not wanting vs true issues. People acting this way do bother me a lot. Claiming discrimination and such. It's a health issue only. Not something one was born with. I'm still shocked so many normally vaccinated people fight this so much.
they got their exemptions because they openly said they didn’t want the vaccine. we all know they’re full of it. they went as far as floating over it for a brief moment. they’re just selfish.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
they got their exemptions because they openly said they didn’t want the vaccine. we all know they’re full of it. they went as far as floating over it for a brief moment. they’re just selfish.
Someone I work with who is an anti-vaxx conspiracy nut insists the pandemic was planned by a "global cartel" as a way to inject everyone with "nano chip trackers" (I'm not making this up...). He also subscribes to the Dr. Phillips Broadway season, like I do. They just recently announced a vaccination requirement as of 10/1. He's already told me "don't worry I know a guy who'll get you a fake vaccine card for $50." I told him that I wasn't the least bit worried because I got vaccinated months ago. I'm really tempted to report him, however.

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes

@GoofGoof What about Federal Transportation mask mandate? Will they will finally dropping masks for good by January 2022 as the cases will be low enough as 5-11 kids are vaccinated as adults and teenagers too by next year?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
@GoofGoof What about Federal Transportation mask mandate? Will they will finally dropping masks for good by January 2022 as the cases will be low enough as 5-11 kids are vaccinated as adults and teenagers too by next year?
Nobody knows. The recent actions on getting more people vaccinated as well as EUA for younger kids will take time to make a difference. I am hopeful that the bulk of the impact will be felt by the end of this year and between that and the natural downswing from the virus due to winter ending will make things vastly better by next Spring at the latest. It all depends on whether a new variant emerges and how many people get vaccinated. Again, I am hopeful that we get the percent vaccinated into the 80-90% range and the virus will run out of places to spread. No guarantees that we reach that vaccination level and no guarantee it is enough to end this for good. Here’s to hoping 🤞🤞🤞

dovetail65

@GoofGoof What about Federal Transportation mask mandate?

Nobody knows. The recent actions on getting more people vaccinated as well as EUA for younger kids will take time to make a difference. I am hopeful that the bulk of the impact will be felt by the end of this year and between that and the natural downswing from the virus due to winter ending will make things vastly better by next Spring at the latest. It all depends on whether a new variant emerges and how many people get vaccinated. Again, I am hopeful that we get the percent vaccinated into the 80-90% range and the virus will run out of places to spread. No guarantees that we reach that vaccination level and no guarantee it is enough to end this for good. Here’s to hoping 🤞🤞🤞
Well history shows Jan is not a month any mask mandate will be dropped based on cases in Jan since Covid started.

For me we need Covid be called done and over meanimg we beat it before any Fed transportation mask mandate lifted otherwise it's juts a path for the cases to increase again.

That is highly unlikely to be in Jan if even through 2022. Not unless people attitudes change. Maybe Bidens plan will help it along it certainly can't hurt it.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Please god, I wish the pandemic will be ending by next Spring or else. I just want to ride NJ Transit train without masks anymore by next Spring soon. Then we don't need another future pandemic if new vaccines developing faster than COVID-19 pandemic ones. @GoofGoof

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Well history shows Jan is not a month any mask mandate will be dropped based on cases in Jan since Covid started.

For me we need Covid be called done and over befire any Fed transportation mask mandate lifted otherwise it's juts a path for the cases to increase again.
Next spring perhaps for masks go away for trains, buses, cruises and planes?

dovetail65

I
Next spring perhaps for masks go away for trains, buses, cruises and planes?
Its all guessing at this point. I hate the mask but no way I personally want to go on a plane without one for the foreseeable future.

We did hit a low spot in Spring but then we had increase shortly after. I think it just too hard to guess but I would go to Vegas and bet against Jan 22 myself. We all need see how the new plan and younger kids being able to get vaccinated effects Covid and hope no new strain hits before more people comply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom