News Expedition Everest refurbishment in 2022

MrPromey

There is no good 15-week span, honestly.

It's just what happens when you under-build your parks and then work for years to push for high year-round attendance.

Something's got to give somewhere.

For anyone unhappy, I'd suggest a trip to guest services to politely log a complaint.

It's not their fault the ride had to go down sometime but it is their fault that this park, which is more than 20 years old, only has 8 rides (including the train to Conservation Station) and no-longer has a slow period.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

It's just what happens when you under-build your parks and then work for years to push for high year-round attendance.

For anyone unhappy, I'd suggest a trip to guest services to politely log a complaint.

It's not their fault the ride had to go down sometime but it is their fault that this park, which is more than 20 years old, only has 8 rides (including the train) and no-longer has a slow period.
Of course. A new, worthwhile coaster in Dinoland would have helped a lot here.

CoasterSnoop

After Dinosaur got that excellent Show-focused refurb a few years back I was hoping that any lengthy Everest refurb would've included at least a couple Show fixes, even if those fixes didn't include Yeti. It's a fantastic ride with a rich story, but it hasn't operated at its full potential in over 10 years which is undeserving of one of WDW's premier E-tickets.

djkidkaz

Of course. A new, worthwhile coaster in Dinoland would have helped a lot here.

Before Covid and Joe Rohdes retirement he had been posting on his Instagram “mysterious” photos with captions like “working”, I’m curious if anyone knows what he was working on? The photos I remember seeing were very “animal kingdom-esque”.

ImperfectPixie

Before Covid and Joe Rohdes retirement he had been posting on his Instagram “mysterious” photos with captions like “working”, I’m curious if anyone knows what he was working on? The photos I remember seeing were very “animal kingdom-esque”.
Was it possibly the video series he made?

mattpeto

I think this might bode well for Nemo the Musical and M&G's to return during the maintenance window which might help a bit.

I'll add that one of the main stars of Finding Nemo was recalled just less than 2 weeks ago but he was assigned to Starcruiser duty FWIW.

When I pried that maybe Nemo was done, the same cast member said they doubted it was done for good, just complicated to reopen.

Tom Morrow

It's not their fault the ride had to go down sometime but it is their fault that this park, which is more than 20 years old, only has 8 rides (including the train) and no-longer has a slow period.

Also waiting over 15 years to ever give Everest any kind of refurbishment. Perhaps it wouldn't need to be so lengthy if they had shut it down for shorter refurbs here and there.

This is a dumb question but what is wrong with the Yeti? Why did it break right after opening and no one caught it in testing? This is a real question

Club34

This is a dumb question but what is wrong with the Yeti? Why did it break right after opening and no one caught it in testing? This is a real question

The Yeti used to move and would grab at the coaster as you flew by as best as I remember. However, the Yeti animatronic proved too heavy? and/or the force of the repetitive motions caused stress on the surrounding beams, braces, and I think the foundation and they needed to stop the motion of the figure to prevent further damage to the ride which would have compromised the structural integrity. Rumor is the costs associated with fixing the show element are too great to implement. So now we get a strobe light instead to have a disco effect but the Yeti no longer actually moves. It's really sad because it was a really well done animatronic and it fit the show and theme really really well. Truly a loss. Glad I got to experience it a few times.

Disney pros, did I get that basically right?

The Yeti used to move and would grab at the coaster as you flew by as best as I remember. However, the Yeti animatronic proved too heavy? and/or the force of the repetitive motions caused stress on the surrounding beams, braces, and I think the foundation and they needed to stop the motion of the figure to prevent further damage to the ride which would have compromised the structural integrity. Rumor is the costs associated with fixing the show element are too great to implement. So now we get a strobe light instead to have a disco effect but the Yeti no longer actually moves. It's really sad because it was a really well done animatronic and it fit the show and theme really really well. Truly a loss. Glad I got to experience it a few times.

Disney pros, did I get that basically right?
That does sound really good! There have been times when I don’t even notice it when I ride it. Too bad I never saw it. I imagine just working on it would be a pain. It’s in the middle of the mountain and with the track design it has to be hard to work on without interrupting the ride. Is that why they haven’t fixed it. It would take out the ride for so long to reach it?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That does sound really good! There have been times when I don’t even notice it when I ride it. Too bad I never saw it. I imagine just working on it would be a pain. It’s in the middle of the mountain and with the track design it has to be hard to work on without interrupting the ride. Is that why they haven’t fixed it. It would take out the ride for so long to reach it?
They’ve worked on it. It’s relatively easy to reach, and has been removed and put back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom