News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

DonaldDoleWhip

Is it REALLY going to be worth it? Tron capacity and length are going to be big negatives for the ride. But, at least it will add some color to Tomorrrowland.
For me, yes. Tron might be short, but it's such a blast - rode it 4 or 5 times during my day in the park.

Architecture aside, I'd take it any day over Space Mountain in its current state.

Also, as you touched on, the canopy will bring an amazing aesthetic to Tomorrowland at night.

Screen Shot 2021-08-28 at 11.13.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-28 at 11.13.14 AM.png

doctornick

I wish them much success in their endeavors no matter how futile they may be. If they put up a wall of bamboo or arbor vitae they might as well replicate the green monster from Fenway, same effect.

Those trees will block it pretty effectively when you are on the path right next to them (the trees). I'm sure you'll be able to see the top of the building, but you'd have to intentionally be looking over the trees.

I also think if they plan trees next to/around the smaller building (did we ever determine what that is? gift shop?) , it will block part of the showbuilding from the farther views from the circus area.

DoleWhipDrea

For me, yes. Tron might be short, but it's such a blast - rode it 4 or 5 times during my day in the park.

Architecture aside, I'd take it any day over Space Mountain in its current state.

Also, as you touched on, the canopy will bring an amazing aesthetic to Tomorrowland at night.

View attachment 583076
View attachment 583077

I'm really looking forward to the view of the canopy and just having a new attraction at the park, especially to the point about Space Mountain, which needed a track replacement ages ago...it's really not a comfortable ride at this point. A new track means at the very least a less-abrasive option in that area.

Back when Disneyland's 50th was coming up, that Space Mountain got a massive refurbishment and full track replacement to have to looking it's best for the celebration (and Disney's hand was forced due to the track's state of disrepair...I remember reading about a vehicle with passengers derail off of the track in 2003, but I can't seem to find any articles relating to the incident.)

That was the summer I got my first AP. That re-opening was a big deal. There was a rumor that there would be a soft opening for it over the 4th of July holiday weekend, and so on that first day my bf and I made the trip. Probably the longest wait I'd been in at the time and I was just smiling from ear to ear.

Imagine if TDO actually cared about keeping the parks looking and working their best and maintaining it, and had the foresight to do a refurb like this to be ready for the 50th. IMHO, guests would be so excited!

DonaldDoleWhip

I'm really looking forward to the view of the canopy and just having a new attraction at the park, especially to the point about Space Mountain, which needed a track replacement ages ago...it's really not a comfortable ride at this point. A new track means at the very least a less-abrasive option in that area.

Back when Disneyland's 50th was coming up, that Space Mountain got a massive refurbishment and full track replacement to have to looking it's best for the celebration (and Disney's hand was forced due to the track's state of disrepair...I remember reading about a vehicle with passengers derail off of the track in 2003, but I can't seem to find any articles relating to the incident.)

That was the summer I got my first AP. That re-opening was a big deal. There was a rumor that there would be a soft opening for it over the 4th of July holiday weekend, and so on that first day my bf and I made the trip. Probably the longest wait I'd been in at the time and I was just smiling from ear to ear.

Imagine if TDO actually cared about keeping the parks looking and working their best and maintaining it, and had the foresight to do a refurb like this to be ready for the 50th. IMHO, guests would be so excited!
Wow, how cool to actually be there for DL’s big Space Mountain reopening!

While I rode MK’s first, DL’s set an incredibly high standard when I finally made it (2008). Was so disappointed when MK’s refurbishment didn’t include a track overhaul, and now the ride is even rougher. Not quite as bad as the Matterhorn, but still.

At a minimum, Tron will provide a smooth, zippy experience to contrast with Space’s physically painful one. The canopy being sleek and beautiful in its own right doesn’t hurt. Sure, the ride could be longer, but at least every second of it ranges from enjoyable to wow-inducing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom