Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

JusticeDisney

Then you haven't been paying much attention because that is what we are all talking about.

You need to stop while you're behind.
Well that’s not what I responded to. If you think every single post in this lengthy thread, save mine, is discussing the same exact thing, then perhaps you should stop before you embarrass yourself further. Just a friendly suggestion.

Waters Back Side

Does anyone know how Disney plans to handle virtual queues with early entry? Will RotR and Rat be open for resort guests 30 minutes before the park opens? If so, will they allocate the first BGs to resort guests only? Or will they just allow anyone to book a pre-opening BG and then let those people in early?

This is what I want to know...if the VQ opens at 7am for Rise and Remy and the LP choice opens at 7am for those who purchase Genie as well that's gonna result in having to choose what's more important. Do you try for the boarding pass (this would be my choice since it only takes all of a few seconds and is limited in availability to get for no charge before having to pay) or do you choose your Lightning Pass ride.

MrPromey

I don’t consider it a lot or not a lot. The post to which I was responding claimed Disney wasn’t adding any new attractions. I just pointed out how wrong that statement is. Nothing more and nothing less.

See below from your previous post - emphasis mine:

Nope. I was simply pointing out that Disney has added a lot of big attractions in the last few years. That’s a fact.

Most of what is on your list isn't open and most of what isn't open doesn't even have an announced opening year attached to it.

Go tomorrow and then come back and tell me how great Guardians was. 👍

Do that and then tell me how much they've added.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And how much has attendance increased?

I'm genuinely curious about these numbers now...October of 2000 at WDW was AMAZING.
I just happen to have that available…

estimated 44,000,000 gate clicks for millennium - the best year in wdw history by far…

55,000,000 in 2018/19…a quagmire of unbalanced “off-season” crowds, shorter hours and high prices…

so that’s a straight up 25% bump on your Ti-85…

conservative guess without plague would be 57? By 2021…or 29%

now they have expanded capacity in downtown since that time (finally…took 15 years too long)…but also closed a waterpark and reduced boardwalk as an entertainment venue during that time as well…to be fair…

lazyboy97o

Right with you. Similar issue here for why I have used DAs. I'm often there alone so having to run to a rest room is a huge problem when the line is long. How will they decide if I'm abusing the system?
There is almost no chance of you having an issue. If any bans are issued it’ll be people dumb enough to post on social media that they lied about needing an accommodation.

ImperfectPixie

I just happen to have that available…

estimated 44,000,000 gate clicks for millennium - the best year in wdw history by far…

55,000,000 in 2018/19…a quagmire of unbalanced “off-season” crowds, shorter hours and high prices…

so that’s a straight up 25% bump on your Ti-85…

conservative guess without plague would be 57? By 2021…or 29%

now they have expanded capacity in downtown at that time (finally…took 15 years too long)…but also closed a waterpark and reduced boardwalk as an entertainment venue during that time as well…to be fair…
That's pretty dismal...10-15% increase in capacity AFTER all the new stuff is opened (in what, 2 years?) vs. 29% attendance increase.

ETA: 29% and likely to be even more when all the new stuff finally opens.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That's pretty dismal...10-15% increase in capacity AFTER all the new stuff is opened (in what, 2 years?) vs. 29% attendance increase.
To be clear: I’m taking a guess.

the things they’ve added have not been great hourly throughput rides…

some are awful…dinky, Navi and alien swirling nonsense…

I think FOP is the “heavy hitter”…and Pirates and mansion still laugh at it/steal its lunch money

midway Mania was also decent - after the expansion…but that young lad is going on 13 years old.

TrojanUSC

Long time lurker, first time poster.

In 2019, I spent near two weeks between Disney and Universal with extended family. Given that I am the Floridian of the group, and have spent much time since early childhood in the parks (am in my 40s), I was basically appointed tour guide and planner.

This trip, more than any other, really hit home for me just how complex Disney has become. I distributed to everyone a spreadsheet that laid out FP and reservations for our entire trip. Then, the bottom portion, which was Universal was blank, because as we all know - there is nothing to plan except for a reservation at Mythos, which has never been a problem.

The collective from my extended family, was that they despised the Disney portion of the trip, and have stated they will never return. But are game for the more relaxed, free flowing atmosphere of Universal. Reflecting on the trip, it was easy to see their point of view.

I had hoped that Disney would take a page from Universal and recognize that the KISS principle would be best for customer satisfaction. Too much structure, for me, just kills the fun. I won't make a call until I try the new system. But the simple Universal approach is more and more appealing to me.

Disney was also well aware of how cumbersome planning had become for guests and used this pandemic as a reset button for a number of things they'd be wanting to change. The nice thing with this system is there really isn't much to plan in advance. You can decide what you want to do day of and throughout the day. It's why MaxPass had become so popular at DL.

ImperfectPixie

To be clear: I’m taking a guess.

the things they’ve added have not been great hourly throughout rides…

some are awful…dinky, Navi and alien swirling nonsene…

I think FOP is the “heavy hitter”…and Pirates and mansion still laugh at it/steal its lunch money
Yeah...but I wouldn't be surprised if you're pretty close when I think about all the things that are just gone with no replacement and lost capacity due to lesser capacity replacements...and shorter attractions pretty much across the board, too. And lost entertainment and other pleasant distractions...

Remember the parades at HS? And the Tapestry of Nations parade?

And Backlot Tour. And the stunt show. And GMR. 😭

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
LMAO! The post to which I responded claimed Disney has not been adding any new attractions. I listed a bunch that have been added or are in the process of being added. Check. Mate.
You used that “add” again…which diminishes the point you’re making.

this whole discussion is about why rides are now being charged again…that is about capacity and is the management making a good faith attempt to provide solutions? Or monetizing their own mistakes?

MrPromey

LMAO! The post to which I responded claimed Disney has not been adding any new attractions. I listed a bunch that have been added or are in the process of being added. Check. Mate.

and this is the post you were responding to:

lazyboy97o said:

That you’re lost doesn’t disprove the point being made. Disney has spent decades and billions trying to avoid building attractions and adding capacity.
The fact that they suddenly started building, that most of it is only replacing existing stuff and that everyone you've responded to has clearly mentioned or responded to posts discussing CAPACITY at least once in this thread...

You know what - just have at it.

This isn't worth it.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah...but I wouldn't be surprised if you're pretty close when I think about all the things that are just gone with no replacement and lost capacity due to lesser capacity replacements...and shorter attractions pretty much across the board, too. And lost entertainment and other pleasant distractions...

Remember the parades at HS? And the Tapestry of Nations parade?

And Backlot Tour. And the stunt show. And GMR. 😭
I’ll go one further: how about simple shows??

every country in Epcot had diversion performers…those pavilions are nearly all
Silent now…

those things add to the capacity crunch. People don’t always want to be in line for a festival
Booth

cmwade77

Right with you. Similar issue here for why I have used DAs. I'm often there alone so having to run to a rest room is a huge problem when the line is long. How will they decide if I'm abusing the system?
I don't think you have to worry there, it's not like they are going to be watching your every move. Additionally, the point of the DAS is to prevent issues in the queues, so why would Disney say you are abusing the system, if it is doing its job?

I think this is more about those idiots that get a DAS and show how to abuse it on YouTube, tictoc, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom