Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

MrPromey

I don't think Disney gives a Rats a** about long lines. Increasing capacity that does not compensate for the amount of entertainment options proves that. Along with the fact, you know as well as I theh were never going to solve the line wait problems completely. Maybe the best they could do is slightly improve it. Not to mention, the paid genie + rides will be a shorter line.

This is about them making money. We care about the line issues. Disney does not.
Oh Disney absolutely cares about the line issue!

In fact, today's announcement shows they've been thinking deeply on this for some time - just not in a way that is in the guests' best interest.

Now that they've found a way to monetize it, they'll care even more about it.

I mean, why wouldn't they?

Making us all happy will now literally lose them money.

Last edited:

Missing20K

So if I understand it correctly, the last 20ish years of constructing low capacity, short duration attractions, many of which took over former attraction spaces, has zilch to do with increased queue length and subsequent guest dissatisfaction, and the more recent attempts by Disney to alleviate long queues through innovative use of technology.

Did I get that right?

Long time lurker, first time poster.

In 2019, I spent near two weeks between Disney and Universal with extended family. Given that I am the Floridian of the group, and have spent much time since early childhood in the parks (am in my 40s), I was basically appointed tour guide and planner.

This trip, more than any other, really hit home for me just how complex Disney has become. I distributed to everyone a spreadsheet that laid out FP and reservations for our entire trip. Then, the bottom portion, which was Universal was blank, because as we all know - there is nothing to plan except for a reservation at Mythos, which has never been a problem.

The collective from my extended family, was that they despised the Disney portion of the trip, and have stated they will never return. But are game for the more relaxed, free flowing atmosphere of Universal. Reflecting on the trip, it was easy to see their point of view.

I had hoped that Disney would take a page from Universal and recognize that the KISS principle would be best for customer satisfaction. Too much structure, for me, just kills the fun. I won't make a call until I try the new system. But the simple Universal approach is more and more appealing to me.

Waters Back Side

Not even close. I responded to a post which claimed no new rides were being added by Disney In recent years. That’s simply untrue.

They added new rides sure but they were in space rhat already existed or was occupied or rethemed a ride. Maybe only Smugglers and Rise you can say were legit new of those you mentioned.

Casper Gutman

Long time lurker, first time poster.

In 2019, I spent near two weeks between Disney and Universal with extended family. Given that I am the Floridian of the group, and have spent much time since early childhood in the parks (am in my 40s), I was basically appointed tour guide and planner.

This trip, more than any other, really hit home for me just how complex Disney has become. I distributed to everyone a spreadsheet that laid out FP and reservations for our entire trip. Then, the bottom portion, which was Universal was blank, because as we all know - there is nothing to plan except for a reservation at Mythos, which has never been a problem.

The collective from my extended family, was that they despised the Disney portion of the trip, and have stated they will never return. But are game for the more relaxed, free flowing atmosphere of Universal. Reflecting on the trip, it was easy to see their point of view.

I had hoped that Disney would take a page from Universal and recognize that the KISS principle would be best for customer satisfaction. Too much structure, for me, just kills the fun. I won't make a call until I try the new system. But the simple Universal approach is more and more appealing to me.
Yup. And, of course, Uni is very cheap compared to Disney. You can get reservations at Portofino, Uni's beautiful top-line resort, for under $250, which is equivalent to - what? - the Caribbean Beach? Maybe even the All-Star?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Oh Disney absolutely cares about the line issue!

Now that they've found a way to monetize it, they'll care very deeply about it - just not in a way that is in the guests' best interest.

I mean, why would they?

Making us all happy will now literally lose them money.
“After hours” encouraged them to do this…and that is where they will steer people to go to “avoid” the day fees….

block pricing…under a veil.

what a person does on one day of a trip is meaningless…until the data gleaning machines sees that one day replicated by the thousands, ten thousands, hundred thousands

decisions have consequences.

Waters Back Side

What does any of this have to do with people lying about disabilities?

It does not. It was more about finding ways to make it work to your advantage. However the way I suggested was a money and time saver in a strategic way. Lying as a way to game the system is down right wrong so gaming a faking is not something anyone should condone.

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

It does not. It was more about finding ways to make it work to your advantage. However the way I suggested was a money and time saver in a strategic way. Lying as a way to game the system is down right wrong so gaming a disability is not something anyone should condone.
It definitely shouldn't be condoned. There are a pretty decent number of people on social media who don't care and encourage people to abuse the DAS system by lying. The Trackers actually did it at one point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom