FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronml

Nothing amuses me more than when large entities, such as entertainment companies and government agencies, believe they can accurately predict human behavior when it comes to monetary matters. I have zero doubt the sharp pencil people and higher ups in Burbank think guests will pony up lots of $$$ in this pay-to-play scheme. Let’s just say I have my doubts that they will hit their undoubtedly-lofty projections.
Sadly I think a lot of people will pay up for it. In WDW especially, many guests go there for special “once in a lifetime” trips, or have spent enough money on their trip already that they won’t want to wait in line, and thus will pay up to skip the line.

Kamikaze

It's a selfish mentality I fully admit, but maybe there will be a transition period through the end of the year to account for guests who have had a long time resort and ticket package reservation where they have some type of grandfathered FP option that is free. But nothing would surprise me at this point. Including finding out to do 3 rides a day like the good old days will require 💰💰
There was no FP or promise of it when you booked.

Waters Back Side

There was no FP or promise of it when you booked.

This is true. I guess we will see. I also could choose to stay at a different resort or off site. Rather limited options though being a party of 5.

We will find out soon. I will not believe that resort guests do not get even 1 free until I hear it from Disney myself.

NoOtherOptions

I think people are conflating things. People will absolutely pay, that's why tables/bottles in nightclubs works. There's always a subset of people who will pay through the nose for access. Now will it harm their reputation in the market and cede ground to places like Uni? Yes. But it won't be a financial failure.

Waters Back Side

Sadly I think a lot of people will pay up for it. In WDW especially, many guests go there for special “once in a lifetime” trips, or have spent enough money on their trip already that they won’t want to wait in line, and thus will pay up to skip the line.

There are plenty of annual goers who go for a week vacation during the busiest times of the year. Thats why its the busiest. That the category I'm in. In this scenario, I'd pay because I have no choice other then to cancel. Disney will lose money in my case. Because a dining package for 5 guests will cost even more and I'll never buy that again and instead spend money on quicker ride access.

Yeah, the once in a lifetime families will pay and then probably never come back.

jpinkc

With all these comments from Martin and others I am wondering if my hopefully inflated guesses have been to low. 😭

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Yep I think that is exactly what is going to happen.
Remember all the people, social media, and legacy media that expressed shock and horror about when single day tickets went over $100 and AP's over $1000?

They're gone now, but the high prices stuck around.

Disney expects to weather the outrage storm and then go back to continuing to count the money.

Waters Back Side

At least allow me to buy a package of 3 rides and not pay per. I'll make it work to pay in advance with 3 paid for line skips. If I had to pay per ride that is probably the only scenario where I'd cancel my reservation.

NoOtherOptions

At least allow me to buy a package of 3 rides and not pay per. I'll make it work to pay in advance with 3 sta paid for line skips. If I had to pay per ride that is probably the only scenario where I'd cancel my reservation.
There's no reason for them to do buckets when they'll sell ala carte at the same rate.

Rickcat96

Not sure if I would consider paying for a FP. But with all of the downtime (ride stoppage, breakdowns) not sure Disney is in a good position to roll this out when the lack of maintenance is surely noticeable.

TheMaxRebo

I'd guess 15 a pop on average, on a sliding scale. Maybe even reverse auction format where prices go up as slots drop.

Oh gosh, totally picturing some family debating whether to get one for a ride or not and seeing it go from $15 to $18 to $20 and panic buying before it gets higher

NoOtherOptions

Oh gosh, totally picturing some family debating whether to get one for a ride or not and seeing it go from $15 to $18 to $20 and panic buying before it gets higher
It's gotten popular with concert tickets. It's pretty rough IMO. But it's also not unheard of when it comes to ticketing.

Tha Realest

To reiterate my sentiment elsewhere: I am almost to the point of rooting for a massive economic correction to bring TWDC to its knees. I want them to experience the double-whammy of the post-9/11 tourism freeze and the Great Recession all at once. I want the cooked books on Disney+ subs to be exposed. I want the tables turned to where they're begging for us to return instead of this DLC in the Parks nonsense.

bcoachable

We know things are going to cost more through Fastpass but the biggest question I have about all of this is…

Is it going to reduce the crowds and wait times ? (mainly for standby)

That’s all I care about
I would have rather them built the parks out properly- I’d be happier to pay more if I had more to do….

mightynine

You are going to see some bulk offerings, but you are still going to need a la carte.
They're going to put the attractions that never needed FP in package deals (ala Philarmagic/BATB Stage Show/ITTBAB) and the headliners a la carte, aren't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom