FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
General reminder than Disney has publicly stated multiple times that they are perfectly happy to have fewer guests per day if aggregate guest spending is up. They particularly emphasized this in relation to Disneyland.
And they have yet to put our money where their mouth is and really jack up prices and put action to their words. They prefer the frog-in-a-pot method because they don’t want a public backlash.

Waters Back Side

Nothing about this is "sudden." This is what MyMagic+ was supposed to be able to do six years ago.
My Magic was never intended to force people into paying per ride lol. Sorry. Never once.

And if no packages of rides are offered starting 10/1 and through the holiday season it will be chaotic. It almost does not seem realistic. If paying to skip lines is a given at this point they have to allow people who plan in advance to pay for a package of rides/experiences. I do not even see how its possible they do not. Especially for resort guests. Most people on those weeks are not day goers who live in a suburb or Orlando.

jpinkc

Risky move to deploy this so suddenly. The ideal time would have been immediately after the shutdown. It served as a clean starting point and at least changes could have been easier to implement.

But I guess trial by fire for the busy 50th anniversary year.

I think this is part of the Motivation to do it now. They know they had record years for Disneyland 50th and are looking to shatter earnings with the WDW 50th, so many people want to go for the 50th. I understand making a profit but this is just PURE GREED! If this goes as badly as people are hinting. Figure if 50th celebration is 18 months of this its a bloodbath for us.

DisneyDodo

Risky move to deploy this so suddenly. The ideal time would have been immediately after the shutdown. It served as a clean starting point and at least changes could have been easier to implement.

But I guess trial by fire for the busy 50th anniversary year.
They used the pandemic as an excuse to remove FP+, which they knew they wanted to do away with, without taking a huge PR hit ("it's for guest safety!"). By waiting over a year to introduce the replacement, they can now market this as a brand new premium service, as opposed to them requiring guests to pay for something that they were already getting for free.

NoOtherOptions

I think this is part of the Motivation to do it now. They know they had record years for Disneyland 50th and are looking to shatter earnings with the WDW 50th, so many people want to go for the 50th. I understand making a profit but this is just PURE GREED! If this goes as badly as people are hinting. Figure if 50th celebration is 18 months of this its a bloodbath for us.
Let's be realistic, the mouse has always been about profit. They've just been better at hiding it.

UNCgolf

This could actually end up being a good thing for me, because I don't really care if I ride many of the headline attractions. I might be able to pay to immediately get on the handful of rides I actually want to do without having to wait in a long line, and then can spend the rest of my time doing my other favorite attractions that hardly ever have long lines, or even lines at all -- Carousel of Progress -- and just wandering around.

That doesn't mean I think it's a good system or that I'm happy about it, though. It sounds like it will be terrible for your average family.

jpinkc

I dont think we can make a BIG enough stink thru Social Media or anything if this goes as badly as it sounds. I dont do Social Media but I would sign up to vent my displeasure if this goes as badly as people are hinting.

NoOtherOptions

This could actually end up being a good thing for me, because I don't really care if I ride many of the headline attractions. I might be able to pay to immediately get on the handful of rides I actually want to do without having to wait in a long line, and then can spend the rest of my time doing my other favorite attractions that hardly ever have long lines, or even lines at all -- Carousel of Progress -- and just wandering around.

That doesn't mean I think it's a good system or that I'm happy about it, though. It sounds like it will be terrible for your average family.
I think you might be off base, people who bought Genie passes are going to crowd all those rides you enjoy because they either A: bought their way through the rest of Genie pass rides or B: can't afford them/passes are gone/pick a reason.

UNCgolf

I think you might be off base, people who bought Genie passes are going to crowd all those rides you enjoy because they either A: bought their way through the rest of Genie pass rides or B: can't afford them/passes are gone/pick a reason.

That will absolutely be a serious issue on the busier days (which is most of the year at this point). I don't think it will be a huge concern when I typically go, though.

Regardless, what's been hinted at is still a terrible system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom