News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Epct82

I'm reading through all this and I have a few questions.

Will there be options to go to more of the Studios other than Galaxy Edge during the excursion day? I get that land goes along with the story during the stay, but we'd also like some traditional park time during the trip as well.

My kids are meh with the newer Star Wars movies, but love the traditional Vader, Luke, R2, Leia, and company of the classic films. Will there ever be options to have storytelling revolve around those events and characters at some point? I understand the focus now is on the new, but in time would be nice to have options which time frame you want to be in during your stay.

The pool absence we can live with. Would be hard to include with the storytelling. Price is steep but worth it for a once in lifetime experience. We would splurge on this if there was an option for classic Star Wars not just sequel. Imagine walking into a dining hall seeing Vader sitting there saying "We would be honored if you would join us" like in ESB.

Will there be a way to see lobby without being part of experience in person? We have stayed at several moderates and one deluxe, and all we were sold on by resort hopping and touring, falling in love with the place and then deciding to book. If not, YouTube tours are still nice enough. Only other complaint is I wish there was more time during the excursion day.

disneygeek90

Will there be options to go to more of the Studios other than Galaxy Edge during the excursion day? I get that land goes along with the story during the stay, but we'd also like some traditional park time during the trip as well.
You don’t even have 48 hours on the Starcruiser. Even going to GE seems like a waste of time to me but that’s beside the point. Any exploring other parks and traditional park time should likely need to be before or after the Starcruiser experience.

Last edited:

UNCgolf

I thought they did a pretty good job between the screen and frosted glass on the opposite side for what is at its core just park-to-park transportation. That it's different in both respects, depending on which direction you're coming from feels like more effort than I expect from Disney, these days.

This being for such a small group of people makes me wonder how much Disney would put into it though because even at those prices, what they'll get from this resort will still pale in comparison to what the park next to it will make during the same year of opperation.

That's fair. It's certainly not bad, but it's not much of an attraction. It really just serves as transportation.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

My kids are meh with the newer Star Wars movies, but love the traditional Vader, Luke, R2, Leia, and company of the classic films. Will there ever be options to have storytelling revolve around those events and characters at some point? I understand the focus now is on the new, but in time would be nice to have options which time frame you want to be in during your stay.

The pool absence we can live with. Would be hard to include with the storytelling. Price is steep but worth it for a once in lifetime experience. We would splurge on this if there was an option for classic Star Wars not just sequel. Imagine walking into a dining hall seeing Vader sitting there saying "We would be honored if you would join us" like in ESB.

Will there be a way to see lobby without being part of experience in person? We have stayed at several moderates and one deluxe, and all we were sold on by resort hopping and touring, falling in love with the place and then deciding to book. If not, YouTube tours are still nice enough. Only other complaint is I wish there was more time during the excursion day.

Can't really answer these definitively but I will give my opinion...

It will be hard to stop people from going to other parts of GE unless every group is chaperoned all the time. The Disney web site also mentions the possibility of dining other places in DHS.

Based on what they did with GE I expect the Star Cruiser to be firmly set during the time of the new movies, but that could always change if it doesn't work out.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
No visitors will be allowed.

Epct82

That is fair. I understand they wouldn't want outsiders roaming around and ruining the story. At least we have the internet to see good in-depth POVs to sample before booking.

MrPromey

That's fair. It's certainly not bad, but it's not much of an attraction. It really just serves as transportation.

Likewise, going into it with a ride-first mentality, I can certainly see how it would feel like a letdown. The last time were were there, they were encouraging people to go to the front of the park and walk over to IOA if they were just trying to get to the other side of WW to cut down on the wait.

They were kind of downplaying the "attraction" aspect of it.

We stayed in part because my son loves trains and in part, if I'm being honest, because we were too lazy to walk to the front of US, walk across and then walk to the back of IOA in the heat of mid day that summer...

Last edited:

MagicHappens1971

Straight from the Disney website, "The vacation adventure also includes entry to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge—as well as the rest of Disney’s Hollywood Studios—for your planetary excursion to Batuu. Valet parking is also included."

BuddyThomas

I knew this was going to be expensive but honestly, this is ridiculous. What is more ridiculous is that so many people are going to spring for it that even if I win the lottery, there will be no availability until 2037.

MagicHappens1971

Also just some tidbits from the fineprint of the Starcruiser website
"Certain package experiences may be fulfilled by the Play Disney Parks mobile app. In order to obtain the full package experience, each Guest may need to use or wear a MagicBand (referred to as a databand in this experience), have access to a mobile device with a Wi-Fi or mobile carrier data connection with the Play Disney Parks mobile app installed, and be signed into the application with their Disney account." I am very interested to see how this "cruise" plays out, they also go on to write "We encourage you to extend your vacation with a stay at a Disney Resort hotel before or after your Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser adventure."

durangojim

Yes, no, no

MrPromey

I would bet that they setup some sort of kiosk in DHS to promote the Starcruiser cruises.

I imagine it depends on what bookings look like. If they're fully booked all the way out, there's not much reason to bother with that.

If things start to soften, it wouldn't surprise me one bit, though.

Last edited:

durangojim

( looks over the examples of the 'Star Cruiser' Resort pricing )

So ...

What is the current exchange rate from Republic Credits to U.S. Disney Dollars...?
They DO accept Republic Credits, yes?

🤔

-
1628130512338.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom