News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Incomudro

Gotta believe 99% of people doing this have already spent a ton of time in SWGE. Gonna be hard to make this excursion seem worth it. Maybe it turns into Nassau and everybody just stays on the ship.
To play devil's advocate, remember - the trip to Batu involves boarding and taking the transport to and from the park.
That in itself is a ride of sorts, and families with kids will certainly enjoy that portion of the trip along with their time spent on the Smuggler's Run and RotR.

Last edited:

JohnD

A few pages back I mentioned $5K bought me a used Honda that lasted me a decade and I actually got mocked for it. If people want to go and spend that kind of money for a 2 night Star Wars experience then all the more power to them.
That’s called “opportunity cost”. 5 grand for a beater car that you need for 10 years or 2 days for a “SW experience.”

Now, it’s fair to point out my money spent for the 50th 9/30-10/6 vs what else I could have done with it. Okay. But that’s nowhere near $5-6K:

DonaldDoleWhip

It was fun but seriously what is it about a pool? Is there enough time to get out of costume get one cannonball in before having to change back into costume for the rest of the time on board?
15-20 minutes floating in some water feels like a nice option to have, with a little under 48 hours to fill. Between no pool and no natural light, I feel like I'd be coming down with SAD after a stay here.

MrPromey

TO play devil's advocate, remember - the trip to Batu involves boarding and taking the transport to and from the park.
That in itself is a ride of sorts, and families with kids will certainly enjoy that portion of the trip along with their time spent on the Smuggler's Run and RotR.

That's assuming it's a Hogwarts Express or better level of transportation.

Given that it's in bus form and not a controlled experience with timing and movement on a track, we've yet to see how well they pull that off.

We already have a pretty good Star Wars transportation simulation that's been in place for over 20 years just a little outside of Galaxy's Edge so it'll be interesting to see what they do or don't do with this.

Cadbury

That’s called “opportunity cost”. 5 grand for a beater car that you need for 10 years or 2 days for a “SW experience.”

Now, it’s fair to point out my money spent for the 50th 9/30-10/6 vs what else I could have done with it. Okay. But that’s nowhere near $5-6K:
Yeah, we all have our priorities in life. Don't get me wrong, I still spend a good amount of money whenever I plan a Disney vacation.

UNCgolf

Given that it's in bus form and not a controlled experience with timing and movement on a track, we've yet to see how well they pull that off.

We already have a pretty good Star Wars transportation simulation that's been in place for over 20 years just a little outside of Galaxy's Edge so it'll be interesting to see what they do or don't do with this.

I was going to say it would need to be better than Hogwarts Express. I found the Hogwarts Express incredibly disappointing -- the actual stations are great, but the it's so short and watching characters go by on the screens is a bore.

I can't imagine this will be much longer than the HE, though; it might even be shorter.

Incomudro

Once again, more hypocrisy from Disney. They continually preach "inclusion" while simultaneously pricing their product to exclude all but the most affluent of society. Just go ahead and publicly state that if your combined household income is five figures, look elsewhere.
But the video showed a bi-racial couple in the video, and the gender of the child who was so excited was a girl!
That's the current Disney mindset of inclusion.
Especially when it leaves out boys.

Last edited:

DonaldDoleWhip

I was going to say it would need to be better than Hogwarts Express. I found the Hogwarts Express incredibly disappointing -- the actual stations are great, but the it's so short and watching characters go by on the screens is a bore.

I can't imagine this will be much longer than the HE, though; it might even be shorter.
Not transit-related, but if Universal could create an experience that actually felt like going to Hogwarts—getting sorted, hanging out in a full-scale common room, going to class, climatically facing off against some death eaters—I think there's a real contingent of fans that would just about die.

Casper Gutman

some sort of camp hogwarts for little wizards would print kts own money I’m sure. Star Wars hotel sounds more geared to mum and dad and ***** than family fun
Potter crosses age groups like SW and Marvel - look at who wears robes at Uni. Those three are the Crown Jewels in the franchise treasury, and Potter is the only one receiving the theme park representation it deserves. (Disney’s handling of Marvel in the parks should have started a stock holder revolt).

If you love Disney and have this kind of money, why on Earh not go to Tokyo?

MrPromey

I thought they did a pretty good job between the screen and frosted glass on the opposite side for what is at its core just park-to-park transportation. That it's different in both respects, depending on which direction you're coming from feels like more effort than I expect from Disney, these days.

This being for such a small group of people makes me wonder how much Disney would put into it though because even at those prices, what they'll get from this resort will still pale in comparison to what the park next to it will make during the same year of opperation.

Incomudro

Yes, I've had serious reservations about how well converted buses (no tracks or rails, diesel engines) will pull off this illusion.

Patcheslee

It was fun but seriously what is it about a pool? Is there enough time to get out of costume get one cannonball in before having to change back into costume for the rest of the time on board?
Personally floating in a pool underneath a high tech equivalent of a planetarium with a book sounds like my dream vacation day. But I'm a failed astronaut lol. At the same time I'd be probably be busy LARPing be disappointed for missing out on the pool. It's one of the few times I'd say yeah, less choices would be better for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom