Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony the Tigger

AFD666D8-64CA-49A6-AF8A-19C4E2E47564.jpeg

I guess I could go back and quote all the posts with no foresight saying, “I don’t care about case counts - hospitalizations aren’t up!”

Just know you were wrong. Again.

“Doom & gloom” = smart & paying attention.

lisa12000

I’m just wondering the difference between Florida and what we have seen in the uk - we don’t have 10,000 people in our hospitals for covid now despite a couple of months of high delta cases - it just seems to be presenting differently to what we are seeing - I can’t believe it’s just so it vaccination rates

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
I am firmly in favor of a 3 prong plan to get vaccinations way up.
  1. Full FDA approval (likely coming by mid-August)
  2. A final stimulus check of at least $1,000 per person tied directly to vaccination
  3. A strong recommendation from the CDC and Federal government for corporations to require vaccinations for employees to return to physical work (with the usual health and religious exemptions)
On the 3rd one I’m not opposed to allowing an option to let employees be tested frequently (weekly or several times a week) at the employee‘s expense as opposed to proof of vaccination. I think if we had these 3 things happen in conjunction with the EUA for kids under 12 we could get to 80%+ of the total population fully vaccinated by the end of the year. No clue if that would be enough but that’s what we have to shoot for at this point.
As New Jersey will be alright by late September/October @GoofGoof is Delta variant spreading is getting worse into Northeast states like NY and NJ.

James J

In the Parks
No
I’m just wondering the difference between Florida and what we have seen in the uk - we don’t have 10,000 people in our hospitals for covid now despite a couple of months of high delta cases - it just seems to be presenting differently to what we are seeing - I can’t believe it’s just so it vaccination rates
I think it is largely the vaccination rates. I'm sure someone can post the actual figure but Florida has under 50% of it's residents fully vaccinated.

There is of course the travel factor too with a lot of out of state visitors, being a tourist destination. Plus I'm going to guess mask wearing not being as prevalent as it is in the UK.

Casper Gutman

The long but varying incubation period for COVID is very convenient for travel destinations that want to ignore it. By the time symptoms are evident, guests are probably home and done spending money, and it’s difficult to link it definitively to the trip. Plausible deniability.

Someone’s going to challenge Florida’s regulations against demanding proof of vaccination. WDW is in the best position to do so, by a wide margin. If WDW starts to feel the effects of the current outbreak in their pocketbook and it spurs them to action, great.

dreday3

Really sad to see multiple people celebrating hospitalizations going up. I can’t do this anymore. Stay safe people.

Exactly.

I'm devastated to see this happening. I hoped with everything I had it wouldn't. I don't want to go through this again either.

Last edited:

dreday3

Because it's who I am and I have to find a positive - I found this read to be somewhat uplifting for those who chose vaccination - enjoy your Sunday evening!

ImperfectPixie

Because it's who I am and I have to find a positive - I found this read to be somewhat uplifting for those who chose vaccination - enjoy your Sunday evening!

Many of us who urged caution and questioned the speed with which restrictions were lifted were called "doom and gloomers" and ridiculed...even though we would have been happy to be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom