Team Danny DeVito From Dumbo - Rick and Morty's Universal Adventure

Sharon&Susan

Soooooooo based on everything I’m able to find, it seems as though the simulator ride doesn’t have an existing post show area to speak of. But the rest of the mini-land is very well developed so I totally understand why one wasn’t really needed.

So in lieu of that, I can help with some other areas of the project if any help is needed.

@Mickeynerd17 how is the sim ride write up coming along?
@Sharon&Susan any thoughts on what we discussed earlier regarding the over abundance of dining options?
Sorry Tegan, I've been busy today so I haven't been able to work on this project at all. As of right now I've got four restaurants written up Pickle Rick's (replacing the food truck), (CENSORED) Ice Cream (replacing Lard Lad), Don Coocoo (replacing Duff Brewery), and McDonald's (replacing Krusty Burger). I could try to turn the remaining restaurants (Moe's and the food court) into a walkthrough, but I don't have any ideas for it so far. I'll have to think more about it when I'm feeling fresher in the morning.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Sorry Tegan, I've been busy today so I haven't been able to work on this project at all. As of right now I've got four restaurants written up Pickle Rick's (replacing the food truck), (CENSORED) Ice Cream (replacing Lard Lad), Don Coocoo (replacing Duff Brewery), and McDonald's (replacing Krusty Burger). I could try to turn the remaining restaurants (Moe's and the food court) into a walkthrough, but I don't have any ideas for it so far. I'll have to think more about it when I'm feeling fresher in the morning.
Omg don’t be sorry!!!!

Tbh I think what you have is plenty!! I would say go ahead and finish those up for the project, and then maybe all of us as a group can come up with some other type of experience that can replace Moe’s!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
So, we have the sim ride, the flat ride, two retail locations, and four dining locations. What else could we add that would be the cherry on top of this,…weird pickle flavored sundae that I can’t wait to never eat again?

Do we have enough space for one more small attraction or ride?? Maybe a mini drop tower?? Something else that goes vertical??

That would turn it into a genuine “land” by modern definitions. (Still a “mini-land” in my book, but I shrug).

NateD1226

So, we have the sim ride, the flat ride, two retail locations, and four dining locations. What else could we add that would be the cherry on top of this,…weird pickle flavored sundae that I can’t wait to never eat again?

Do we have enough space for one more small attraction or ride?? Maybe a mini drop tower?? Something else that goes vertical??

That would turn it into a genuine “land” by modern definitions. (Still a “mini-land” in my book, but I shrug).
What if we turned one of the restaurants into an escape room?

Sharon&Susan

The Original Pickle Rick On A Stick + Hotdogs
1627841530185.png
Entering the Rick and Morty Zone through the entrance right next to the Kid’s Zone will certainly bring to mind the immortal words of the 7th best episode of Rick and Morty according to IMDB, Pickle Rick: “I turned myself into a pickle, Morty! I’m Pickle Rick!” Replacing the Bumblebee Man’s Taco Truck, his vehicle has been replaced with a gaudy, green puke colored roadside-style stand where Rick has opened shop to sell “clones” of himself (not really) in his Pickle Rick form. On top of the stand is an obvious off the shelf green wavy tube man as seen at used car lots with his face slapped on very half hardheartedly. As another famous rat said “They’re tourists. What do they know?”

The main focus of the menu is of course the signature Pickle Rick on a Stick with either a traditional dill pickles or a more sour one. Coming with a plastic toy attached to the pickle that gives it Rick’s face, this can easily be taken off in case guests have grievances in swallowing it or to quell any fears that it may be alive. Think of it as a souvenir. Morty convinced Rick that a counter service restaurant like this needs more menu options so hot dogs were quickly added. You can have it with or without Relish (why?) along with a few toppings options. There’s also a special option for a Pickle Rick inside a Hot Dog bun. Soft drink options are the usual as you’d expect to see around the resort along with a selection of beers

Butt hole Ice Cream
1627841580916.png

Replacing Lard Lad Donuts, this popular another alternate universe ice cream stand serves dookie-licious con”crap”tions! Housed in a white mid-century styled building, the sign is shaped exactly like what you would imagine it to be. While guests will unfortunately be unable to use their world famous ice cream dispensers, they will still be able to get any of their favorite ice cream flavors including the very popular chocolate!

ThemeParkPriest

QUEUE

My idea is that the first segment is like the queue for the abandoned attraction with posters (that have Rick’s face awkwardly pasted over them) and stuff and it looks a little deteriorated. Then you arrive to a trophy room that you walk through the exhibition of Rick’s greatest and worst inventions that @ThemeParkPriest mentioned. After that you walk through the “teleportation tunnel” that leads directly into the pre show. This is just like my basic idea, but I would like to hear your thoughts on it before working on the first draft. Like if you feel like another section could be added or if something is too much, etc…​
I’ve expanded on the greatest and worst inventions section. Pictures of each are in the final project. I’m going to take a nap (I locked myself out of my car last night) and then work on the pre-show.

QUEUE

The first segment is like the queue for the abandoned attraction with posters (that have Rick’s face awkwardly pasted over them) and stuff and it looks a little deteriorated. In the next room is a collection of Rick’s greatest inventions (3-dimensional items behind clear, acrylic cases). Rick has used whatever paper items he could find (fast food napkins, an envelope from a scientist group, etc.) to label the items—the Meeseeks Box, the Timeline Viewer, the Shrink Ray, the Butter-passing Robot, the Cognition Amplifier, the Time Freezer, the Space Cruiser, and the Portal Gun. At the end of the room, guests encounter Rick’s worst invention, the “Ionic Defibulizer.” A red marker has added an “X” to the case as well as the words, “Do not use!” On a yellow memo pad, Rick has written the following information: “This invention caused a similar Defibulizer to explode in the Replacement Dimension, which killed both Replacement you and Morty.” After that you walk through the “teleportation tunnel” that leads directly into the pre show.

DisneyFan18

I’ve expanded on the greatest and worst inventions section. Pictures of each are in the final project. I’m going to take a nap (I locked myself out of my car last night) and then work on the pre-show.

QUEUE

The first segment is like the queue for the abandoned attraction with posters (that have Rick’s face awkwardly pasted over them) and stuff and it looks a little deteriorated. In the next room is a collection of Rick’s greatest inventions (3-dimensional items behind clear, acrylic cases). Rick has used whatever paper items he could find (fast food napkins, an envelope from a scientist group, etc.) to label the items—the Meeseeks Box, the Timeline Viewer, the Shrink Ray, the Butter-passing Robot, the Cognition Amplifier, the Time Freezer, the Space Cruiser, and the Portal Gun. At the end of the room, guests encounter Rick’s worst invention, the “Ionic Defibulizer.” A red marker has added an “X” to the case as well as the words, “Do not use!” On a yellow memo pad, Rick has written the following information: “This invention caused a similar Defibulizer to explode in the Replacement Dimension, which killed both Replacement you and Morty.” After that you walk through the “teleportation tunnel” that leads directly into the pre show.
Perfect! I appreciate it a lot! I should’ve my first draft within 2 to 3 hours. I helped my mother with something in the morning and I’m a little behind schedule, but I’ll have it written soonish!

Sharon&Susan

Don Coocoo
1627850063978.png
Replacing the Duff Brewery, it’s Don Coocoo's, a new table service restaurant serving authentic Florida theme park style Mexican food! After entering the Spanish Colonial Style exterior, guests will be seated at one of many tables or booths inside the restaurant. Guests can order tacos, frijoles, or if they’re too lazy to go to the McDonald’s down the street an authentic Mexican cheeseburger. Guests can also sit at the bar where guests can watch (newly animated) weird alternate dimension sports thanks to Interdimensional Cable.

ThemeParkPriest

Pre-Show

In the first Pre-Show area (the carnival booths of the Simpsons Ride), the guests line up into rows. There are two screens on their left—Beth and Jerry (on two parts of a sofa)—and two on their right—Summer (on a lazy boy) and Morty (on a wooden stool). Tables, counters, TVs, and other items obstruct the guests from seeing anything but their heads and upper bodies. Mostly they are just looking around but occasionally the characters talk with each other. This is to allow the guests to have conversations with themselves even as they are getting more immersed in the setting of the attraction.

As guests enter into the final pre-show area before the ride, a video plays. Rick finally arrives to the scene. He leaves them in suspense for a while longer. Eventually he reveals his newest (and most ambitious) invention ever. He flips a bunch of switches, pulls some levers, and powers up the device. He then disappears from the garage leaving his family wondering what has happened.

In the irreverent style of the series and playing tribute to the Itchy and Scratchy’s “Safety First” video of The Simpson’s ride, Morty gives the safety instructions. The non-human characters from the series—Mr. Meeseks, Mr. Poopybutthole, Scary Terry, Pickle Rick— provide the silly antics.
“Move immediately into the vehicle boarding station.” Pickle Rick is lying on the ground saying, “Hey I’m good. I’ll just watch from here.”
“Place large items against the walls.” Scary Terry places a basketball hoop to the side of the vehicle.
“Hang on to all loose articles.” Squanchy the Cat is held by Summer.
“Watch your head as you enter the vehicle.” Mr. Poopybutthole tries to look at his head but exclaims, “I can’t do that!”
“If you have trouble with small spaces, ask an employee for help.” Mr. Meeseks appears saying, “I’m Mr. Meeseeks!” and begins to stuff Beth into her seat.
“Once seated, pull down on the lap bar.” The Butter Robot pulls down on the lap bar.
“Face forward.” Mr. Poopybutthole asks, “What happens if I do this?” and turns to the back of the seat.
“Arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times.” Pickle Rick yells, “Hey what happened to my arms and legs?! Just kidding!”
“No flash photography.” The time freezer is activated (which creates a flash), so the characters are frozen in place.

Attachments

• D3FC218C-51FC-4FC7-980A-B031A2AF97D4.jpeg
    D3FC218C-51FC-4FC7-980A-B031A2AF97D4.jpeg
    267.3 KB · Views: 25

ThemeParkPriest

In the first Pre-Show area (the carnival booths of the Simpsons Ride), the guests line up into rows. There are two screens on their left—Beth and Jerry (on two parts of a sofa)—and two on their right—Summer (on a lazy boy) and Morty (on a wooden stool). Tables, counters, TVs, and other items obstruct the guests from seeing anything but their heads and upper bodies. Mostly they are just looking around but occasionally the characters talk with each other. This is to allow the guests to have conversations with themselves even as they are getting more immersed in the setting of the attraction.
@DisneyFan18 @Mickeynerd17 I’m thinking I should change the Pre-Show 1 area but I don’t know what to. The guests have just gone through the teleportation tunnel…but to where?

NateD1226

Replacing the Duff Brewery, it’s Don Coocoo's, a new table service restaurant serving authentic Florida theme park style Mexican food! After entering the Spanish Colonial Style exterior, guests will be seated at one of many tables or booths inside the restaurant. Guests can order tacos, frijoles, or if they’re too lazy to go to the McDonald’s down the street an authentic Mexican cheeseburger. Guests can also sit at the bar where guests can watch (newly animated) weird alternate dimension sports thanks to Interdimensional Cable.
In the show it is spelled "Don Cuco". Did you mean to write that or was "Don Coocoo" intentional?

DisneyFan18

I have an idea for what we can do for the escape room.

The guests are invited to Mr. Nimbus “submarine” Winery however it’s a trap to make Rick come to him because he’s bored, and guests have to find the way out before it “sinks” (we can use interactive windows like the Star Wars Hotel to simulate it submerging) into Atlantis and he claims it’s an act of war or something like that

NateD1226

I have an idea for what we can do for the escape room.

The guests are invited to Mr. Nimbus “submarine” Winery however it’s a trap to make Rick come to him because he’s bored, and guests have to find the way out before it “sinks” (we can use interactive windows like the Star Wars Hotel to simulate it submerging) into Atlantis and he claims it’s an act of war or something like that
Love this idea! My only notes I have since we are actually going through with the escape room idea is to have two of the same room for capacity issues and have it be under 20-30 minutes. Escape rooms are VERY popular and will get reserved out fast. It's better to allow a higher capacity while still keeping it avaible throughtout the day.

DisneyFan18

Love this idea! My only notes I have since we are actually going through with the escape room idea is to have two of the same room for capacity issues and have it be under 20-30 minutes. Escape rooms are VERY popular and will get reserved out fast. It's better to allow a higher capacity while still keeping it avaible throughtout the day.
Agreed, great idea. One question: do we know how much space do we have for it?

Mickeynerd17

Ok, I've been straining my brain writing this, and here's what I've come up with so far:

The vehicle doors shut, the lights dim, and guests are enveloped in complete darkness. For a brief moment, all is still. Then, Rick's voice is heard over the speakers:

Rick: "Alright, we're going to do a quick jump somewhere simple like another continent or *burp* something and come straight back."

Morty: "Really? Why not somewhere cool? You've been all over the universe! If your going to show people an advanced piece of technology that transports people, wouldn't you take them somewhere cool like an alien planet?"

Rick: "No, because it doesn't take much to impress people as you've continuously proven in the past Morty. Alright, the portal will be active *burp* rrrright about now."

The vehicles are rising during the previously mentioned dialogue into the main theater stopping at Rick's last sentence. Once he finishes, the classic green portal forms in front of guests, and the vehicles lurch forward. The destination turns out to be the council chamber at The Citadel of Ricks. Rick starts low-key freaking out while the council begins what seems to be a monologue about their evil plan before being cut off by Rick, who tells guests he's going to get them out of there. Morty is making audible confusion noises as the council threatens to kill the guests if they try to run, but as the threat is spoken guests are whisked through another portal.

Here, the ride enters the randomization phase. one of multiple worlds are picked as the destination out of this portal. Some locations include the looping ride from the episode "The Whirly Dirly Conspiracy," the planet where everything is on a cob, the farting planet, or Froopy Land to name a few. During each of these scenes, the ride vehicles bounce around and occasionally jolt as soldier ricks from the Citadel chase guests through these worlds in spaceships. All the while Morty is having a panic attack

I haven't done an attraction story sequence in ages, so it's a bit rough. I still don't know how to end it, so I would appreciate any ideas regarding that!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom