[Rumor] Rock n Roller Coaster Starring Olivia Rodrigo

Snake

Aerosmith is the best-selling American hard rock band of all time, having sold more than 150 million records worldwide, including over 70 million records in the United States.[21][22] With 25 gold, 18 platinum, and 12 multi-platinum albums, they hold the record for the most total certifications by an American group and are tied for the most multi-platinum albums by an American group. They have achieved twenty-one Top 40 hits on the US Hot 100, nine number-one Mainstream Rock hits, four Grammy Awards, six American Music Awards, and ten MTV Video Music Awards. They were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2001, and were ranked number 57 and 30, respectively, on Rolling Stone's and VH1's lists of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time.[23] In 2013, Tyler and Perry were inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame, and in 2020, the band received the MusiCares Person of the Year award.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Aerosmith is the best-selling American hard rock band of all time, having sold more than 150 million records worldwide, including over 70 million records in the United States.[21][22] With 25 gold, 18 platinum, and 12 multi-platinum albums, they hold the record for the most total certifications by an American group and are tied for the most multi-platinum albums by an American group. They have achieved twenty-one Top 40 hits on the US Hot 100, nine number-one Mainstream Rock hits, four Grammy Awards, six American Music Awards, and ten MTV Video Music Awards. They were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2001, and were ranked number 57 and 30, respectively, on Rolling Stone's and VH1's lists of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time.[23] In 2013, Tyler and Perry were inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame, and in 2020, the band received the MusiCares Person of the Year award.

The Eagles would like a word. Define “Hard Rock”. Aerosmith is more “Pop Rock” to me. In the same vein as Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, etc.

Hard Rock to me is more akin to somebody like Metallica. Who have sold 125 Million. I don’t consider Aerosmith in the genre as Metallica or a Priest or Maiden. Good band. But they’re pop

Animaniac93-98

A few questions before I weigh in with my considered opinion. Who is Olivia Rodrigo?

The latest example of Disney animatronic technology. No longer does Disney have to scout human youth talent for their TV shows and movies, they can simply build them in house and change the features every couple of years when a new face is required.

O.L.I.V.I.A. (Original Living Interactive Virtual Idealized Actress) is the latest model.

Am I to infer that Aerosmith is a music group?

Aero is actually the name of a delicious, bubbly chocolate bar.

Is rock and roller coaster a ride of some type?

It's a VR simulator thing you build using a computer. I think DisneyQuest had it too. Virtual Spork Mountain or something.

Where is it located?

It USED to be in Disneyland Paris. But the French government had it removed for being a slight against their culture and too darn loud.

NP :)

macefamily

Allow me to brush off my rock as I crawl from under it. Olivia Rodrigo would single handedly bring down that ride within one year. In no way whatsoever would I ever use the term icon for Olivia Rodrigo. Maybe you can re-theme the Disney Junior Live On Stage with an Olivia show, but that person does not carry the clout to have a ride themed after them.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Allow me to brush off my rock as I crawl from under it. Olivia Rodrigo would single handedly bring down that ride within one year. In no way whatsoever would I ever use the term icon for Olivia Rodrigo. Maybe you can re-theme the Disney Junior Live On Stage with an Olivia show, but that person does not carry the clout to have a ride themed after them.

Y'all know this is a blatantly false rumor, right?

Incomudro

The Eagles would like a word. Define “Hard Rock”. Aerosmith is more “Pop Rock” to me. In the same vein as Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, etc.

Hard Rock to me is more akin to somebody like Metallica. Who have sold 125 Million. I don’t consider Aerosmith in the genre as Metallica or a Priest or Maiden. Good band. But they’re pop
You're so wrong.
Metallica, Priest, and Maiden are metal.
Aerosmith are hard rock, or now - classic rock.
Like Zeppelin and The Who.
They've certainly had hits that are in the pop rock mold, largely after the 80's, when that was a huge trend.
But by and large Aerosmith are/were one of the more edgy rock bands of their time.

BASS

You're so wrong.
Metallica, Priest, and Maiden are metal.
Aerosmith are hard rock, or now - classic rock.
Like Zeppelin and The Who.
They've certainly had hits that are in the pop rock mold, largely after the 80's, when that was a huge trend.
But by and large Aerosmith are/were one of the more edgy rock bands of their time.
Aerosmith from the 70s and 80s is definitely classic rock or hard rock.

That said, someone could make a case that the "Get a Grip" album was venturing out into the pop rock mold. I don't know what Aerosmith has done since 2000, but I'd certainly put "I don't want to miss a thing" squarely in the pop rock genre.

MouseMelly

Aerosmith from the 70s and 80s is definitely classic rock or hard rock.

That said, someone could make a case that the "Get a Grip" album was venturing out into the pop rock mold. I don't know what Aerosmith has done since 2000, but I'd certainly put "I don't want to miss a thing" squarely in the pop rock genre.
It's sad that as their worst song IMO, I think it was only #1 hit they had 😳🤯

Sir_Cliff

I am still hoping for Olivia Rodrigo's Island and the Olivia Rodrigo Treehouse. ;)
A spirit tells me that perhaps you should imagine a journey with Olivia Rodrigo at a certain Epcot pavilion in the not-too-distant future. Be prepared for her new take on a classic tune...

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Now Metallica despite selling out are still classed as thrash. But the kids don’t know they existed before 1991.

This one will run and run.

awoogala

Her new song is great, she's hugely popular...but by the time Disney did a retheme, she probably won't be anymore. Though moving Aerosmith out of there would be wonderful, I don't think it would work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom