News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I won't lie, doing this was scary! I am needlephobic (thanks evil nurses holding me down weekly at age 5 for some weird shot dealing with a skin condition) and deal with severe anxiety. Walking in the first time I was a mess. Then a power outage took out the system and I had to come back 3 weeks later to try again :eek:. From phase 1 data I had vague ideas what to expect, but as a whole I just tried to have faith in science. I know how it feels to get a call about a loved in in a long term care facility saying to "just pray" knowing you cannot be with them if they die. As soon as I heard there were trials after that I signed up for two I found, as I felt helpless otherwise. I just knew I wanted as few to go through that as possible.

To me anyone would do the same in my shoes. I was lucky to have been called - and even more that it was Pfizer-BioNTech (AstraZeneca/Oxford did call but not until late fall). I do not see myself as a hero - I leave that to first responders and those who tirelessly worked on vaccines and treatments. I see myself as a compassionate person (mostly) who just offered to help.

Also why I get angry. If needlephobic me can get shots and blood draws while getting something rammed up my nose during these 2-4 hour long appointments, most everyone can get a jab and sit for 15 minutes after a time or two ;)

"To me anyone would do the same in my shoes."

This is certainly not true based on the number of people who still won't take the vaccine even after vigorous testing.

CLEtoWDW

This morning WaPo leaked the data that the CDC used to make their recent guidance. And needless to say it’s sketchy at best and if this is the data the CDC is using to make their decision then God help us all. Additionally, Delta cases are plummeting in the UK at a time when epidemiologists forecasted they would be surging. The CDC has lost what little credibility they had left.
1627647794207.png

correcaminos

"To me anyone would do the same in my shoes."

This is certainly not true based on the number of people who still won't take the vaccine even after vigorous testing.
I don't think those who won't know how it felt to be called at 11pm with a death watch call that you can do nothing about. It struck me earlier than most how awful it was.

While my aunt survived that call which amazes me still to this day, she did pass away from her non-covid issues of cerebral palsy and nuero degenerative disorder (also why we were like her kids - never married and never had children) . Due to rules one person could go, and I left it to her brother, my dad. I could not go in and while I zoomed and google duo with her, I never saw her in person the last year of her life due to the pandemic. She did die alone, but my dad had been with her earlier and we had chatted via video before she was not responsive. She just happened to die in her sleep at 10:30pm.q

If anyone else had gone through that, it would have to affect them greatly (outside of total goobers). Feeling so helpless is a hard feeling. Now I know not all can do trials. They are time consuming for sure. Not everyone who signs up gets called in. I'm actually amazed that both called me lol.

Most people I know who either downplay the virus or the vaccine (or both), never saw anything but mild cases from others.

Trauma

You really do like making it clear across multiple threads that you are very well off. Stop it. Some of us aren't and can't afford to just burn money.
Lol you guys are funny.

Plenty of people make it obvious how affluent they are here.

You choose to attack me just because I’m not on message?

What is it that angers you so much about it?

That I have no education and did it all thru hard work?

Sorry not apologizing.

Have a great day!

Trauma

He "claims" to be well off.
I know everything I say here is a lie, I post proof and I still get questioned.

Id invite you to my home but you would just claim it was rented.

Maybe a zoom call with my accountant?

Nah you would say he was a hired actor.

Good news is I don’t care what you think.

However if we are ever at the parks at the same time, I’ll be more than happy to buy you dinner and drinks with my Monopoly money.

James J

In the Parks
No
What happens if you get pinged again as soon as you set foot outside?
It's then another period of isolation. A lot of businesses are being disrupted by it at the moment and more and more people I know are getting pinged.

Trauma

I mean cmon…then he should at least become a premium member on here 🤷🏼‍♂️ lol
I should.

Two things stopping me.

It’s clear that I don’t fit into overall tone of these boards and seeing how they are moderated, I sure I will be banned soon enough.

The other reason is unless I’m missing something they don’t accept credit cards?

I’ve never even used PayPal, I guess I could set up an account but seems like something that shouldn’t be required to support a website.

Ponderer

I’ve never even used PayPal, I guess I could set up an account but seems like something that shouldn’t be required to support a website.

As a brief digression, PayPal is by far the easiest way there is to process online transactions, for individuals and small organizations to accept credit cards. Not everyone loves them for different reasons, but it’s easily the default for people who don’t want to go through the hassle of setting up merchant accounts. It opened up online payments for hundreds of millions.

donsullivan

Premium Member
As a brief digression, PayPal is by far the easiest way there is to process online transactions, for individuals and small organizations to accept credit cards. Not everyone loves them for different reasons, but it’s easily the default for people who don’t want to go through the hassle of setting up merchant accounts. It opened up online payments for hundreds of millions.
Not to mention making International payment much easier since this site is UK based.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom