News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Meanwhile at Disneyland, guests are only being asked to wear masks on indoor rides and queues. For example, no mask in the queue of Radiator Springs Racers until you enter the building. Very curious about the divergent policies.
Record new case numbers in Florida.
Also a much easier set of rules to explain and enforce.

pdude81

Meanwhile at Disneyland, guests are only being asked to wear masks on indoor rides and queues. For example, no mask in the queue of Radiator Springs Racers until you enter the building. Very curious about the divergent policies.
I think orange county california is in the orange (substantial) for community spread instead of the red (high). Perhaps that factors in

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
This morning WaPo leaked the data that the CDC used to make their recent guidance. And needless to say it’s sketchy at best and if this is the data the CDC is using to make their decision then God help us all. Additionally, Delta cases are plummeting in the UK at a time when epidemiologists forecasted they would be surging. The CDC has lost what little credibility they had left.
View attachment 575785
Yep. This is why so many are frustrated over how all of this has been handled. We know it’s bad but so is the communication and decisions

The_Jobu

In my opinion, if they continue to open up; eventually getting back to all the pre pandemic offerings, I am ok with it.

For all the folks that will not visit or cancel because of this rule change, I totally get it and I will also defend you right to feel that way too.

When you think about it, you could go back to regular buffets; folks getting their food with masks on, no one breathing on the buffet or the folks in line…. There I go again hoping for the regular buffets again 😀

Dont worry, the sneeze guard will protect us, that's what it's there for!

490196.jpg

Foolproof.

disneygeek90

I honestly don't understand how any are comfortable visiting parks while unvaccinated at this point. Up until restrictions were dropped, at least there was masks, distancing and a true capacity reduction that made it feel like you could be as safe as possible. I wouldn't feel comfortable at all going in today's world even with the Disney indoor masks if I was unvaccinated. I'm sure they're sitting you right next to someone on MMRR anyway.

Wendy Pleakley

donsullivan

Premium Member
Disney was also mask-free at that time, whether or not they visited.
If they were here for 2 weeks they likely visited all kinds of places around central Florida from retail shops to restaurants and more. This is way more than a theme park thing- central Florida has been slammed by all of this which is what has overloaded the hospitals.

Chip Chipperson

I honestly don't understand how any are comfortable visiting parks while unvaccinated at this point. Up until restrictions were dropped, at least there was masks, distancing and a true capacity reduction that made it feel like you could be as safe as possible. I wouldn't feel comfortable at all going in today's world even with the Disney indoor masks if I was unvaccinated. I'm sure they're sitting you right next to someone on MMRR anyway.

Some people still stubbornly refuse to think this virus is a big deal, unfortunately. Nothing short of being hospitalized themselves will change some minds - and even then I wouldn't be surprised if there are people who shrug it off because, "Hey, it didn't kill me - just like I told you it wouldn't!"

Namaari

Glad to see that Disney is taking precautions again to help keep us safe! Also, major kudos to all the cast members who have been working so hard over the past year and having to put up with a lot of BS from others. Looking forward to our trip over Thanksgiving; we will gladly wear masks as long as we still get to have fun and experience the magic!

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
I just saw on the other COVID thread that they removed tables and chairs from Rose and Crown. So Disney is also apparently doing some distancing measures. Do we know if they are mixing parties on Skyliner still or did they go back to one party per cab?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I just saw on the other COVID thread that they removed tables and chairs from Rose and Crown. So Disney is also apparently doing some distancing measures. Do we know if they are mixing parties on Skyliner still or did they go back to one party per cab?
See then this doesn’t make sense. Either they want to protect public health and covid spread or just make it seem that way. What’s the difference in social distancing some places and not others especially rope drop, fireworks, queue lines, etc. it’s more magical facade than a real protective action or shield but ya know whatever makes some feel better.

Just hurry and get your shot so you can then….do the same thing as those that don’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom