News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrojanUSC

Uh, you're the one that went there, not me. Florida Man = rednecks and white trash. NOT minorities.

Trashy Florida Man and his family next to us at 'Ohana tonight were talking about cancelling the rest of their trip at Disney and going to Universal instead because of the masks. They also loved the horrendous shrimp casserole, which is probably all you need to know about them to make a judgement.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Between the My Pillow ads, "Freedom Phone" ads, and the comment section saying it's all made up, it's pretty easy to tell the hard bias of the site. And if you can't then...

View attachment 575343

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/ is always a fun tool to use for any news site out there.

Edit: I'll go on to say it's hard to find a neutral news source out here on the internet.
Hate to break it to you despite your edit but all the free left/right bias check sites call that site a very left leaning site. Anything with fact check in it's name does not make it neutral

James J

In the Parks
No
What do you mean about “the type of people who would cancel their trip over the mask reversal”?

I know because you have already said it - you think we are trash.

Sorry not gonna fly.

Maybe we would rather wait until can have a full and complete experience without any restrictions?

For many people a Disney trip is a once in a lifetime investment.

Just because some people can’t afford to travel the world on a whim doesn’t make them trash.

Heck I have enough money to burn it in front of you, and I still don’t want to pay these prices for a reduced experience.

You really do like making it clear across multiple threads that you are very well off. Stop it. Some of us aren't and can't afford to just burn money.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
You know, I just edited my whole post.

I jumped to a conclusion by what you posted originally and I apologize. (but I still don't think you should refer to people like that, when people talk about Six Flags around me being trashy and lower class, they mean ethnicities/races...and you added Florida man later))
Different people/different experiences and what not, but even having grown up in the South my entire life, I have never heard anyone make a dig at Six Flags with an implication on race/ethnicity. It’s always been an ivory tower-type dig about “cheap” personal taste when I’ve heard it. (Disclosure: I always enjoyed Six Flags growing up and there was nothing like taking a ride on the Screamin’ Eagle!)

Nubs70

Yep, and I'm one of them. I'm doing daily lateral flow tests which have all been negative, but 5 more days of self isolation for me which is incredibly annoying. Thankfully I'll be free again before I have actual plans!
What happens if you get pinged again as soon as you set foot outside?

dreday3

Different people/different experiences and what not, but even having grown up in the South my entire life, I have never heard anyone make a dig at Six Flags with an implication on race/ethnicity. It’s always been an ivory tower-type dig about “cheap” personal taste when I’ve heard it. (Disclosure: I always enjoyed Six Flags growing up and there was nothing like taking a ride on the Screamin’ Eagle!)
Yes, I don't know who really frequents each park in Florida.

I just know around here when people complain about the type of clientele that Great America attracts it is because now there are a lot more races/ethnicities than just suburban white people as before.
I just assumed that's what he meant, so I apologized. I'm don't really know what a florida-man is. 🙂

Lilofan

Yes, I don't know who really frequents each park in Florida.

I just know around here when people complain about the type of clientele that Great America attracts it is because now there are a lot more races/ethnicities than just suburban white people as before.
I just assumed that's what he meant, so I apologized. 🙂
Type of guests in UO and WDW are debatable but if one has ever been to the annual strawberry festival in rural Plant City FL , a short drive from WDW, that type of guests from all income levels and from all over the world have one thing in common - the love of anything strawberries.

Patcheslee

I bought 2 pkgs recently and have been wearing them to the places around here that require them. They are comfortable, but I seem to be breaking out from them. Will take them along on our trip, but not sure how much I will wear them there.
My daughter had masks that were breaking her out as well. We started hand washing with acne face wash after they'd been washed in the laundry and it seemed to help.

Sir_Cliff

I don’t think a snarky social media presence ( which some people here get quite touchy about) has anything to do with boardroom decisions. The folks who set this policy aren’t posting on Twitter.
To be honest, I kind of like those Tweets as they often hit the mark and they're so quick with them. Still, it is exactly the sort of thing Disney couldn't do without it becoming a news story and I think speaks to where both resorts have positioned themselves in the market. That will influence decision making on bigger issues than social media strategy.

Again, I think Uni is just making a different calculation about how this will play out. I’d mandate masks - well, no, I’d mandate vaccines, but I suspect that’s a fight Uni wants Disney to pick.
I think it just shows Uni is not as risk averse as Disney. This may or may not be a short spike, but one resort is willing to gamble more on this possibility than the other. Sure, more people may (or may not) get sick, but this is also an opportunity to differentiate themselves from Disney yet again as the edgier of the two resorts and hopefully get extra business. Maybe even build more loyalty among the anti-masks crowd angry at Disney for towing the government line and perhaps other things to do with broader culture wars. No-one is likely to ever know if more people got infected at one resort or the other and the media will be more actively attuned to "outbreak at Disney World" stories than looking at Universal Orlando, so there's little downside.

To me, it's a bad look for Universal. I'm sure others will have the opposite reaction, though, and I don't think they'll hurt financially for it.

Last edited:

Lilofan

The simple fact of having a mask mandate gets the folks who don't believe in the virus to just not show up. Even if the masks do nothing. This also lowers the crowd levels due to inconvenience. It's really a win win for Disney. The parks were way to full and they were getting bad PR.
This is a story straight out of Fantasyland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom