Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Many people, including numerous posters here, are taking a no-going-back attitude. They are thinking in overly linear terms and frustrated with or even angry at the prospect of returning to mitigations they'd convinced themselves were behind us. Some of the public messaging, particularly from certain leaders, has encouraged this way of thinking, clouding the uncertainties of the bigger picture and pushing people to view the situation as some sort of neat, unidirectional race. I've found the whole thing profoundly disheartening to watch.
That‘s never been the plan and never should be. This will never be linear and will always be based on the situation as it occurs. It has to be. I have said this from day 1. I was the first person to applaud the relaxing of mitigations for fully vaccinated people and I still do. At the time mitigations were relaxed I said if cases ramp up we go back to some mitigations. That’s just common sense to me. The people upset by that would be upset no matter if mitigations are dialed back up or if they never stopped.

It is clear to me that the overwhelming majority of spread is occurring amongst unvaccinated people. Having a fully vaccinated person wear a mask or avoid public places really doesn’t help much but I also understand that in all practical terms it’s not possible to enforce rules that only unvaccinated people have to wear masks so as a result the only practical way to get unvaccinated people to all wear masks is to make everyone wear one. That happens for the period of time necessary and in places it’s necessary. The problem is in the places most needed it won’t actually happen.

Heelz2315

Seems to be quite a significant development there.

So they're now questions on whether or not a vaxxed person can transmit Covid because of the viral load of Delta being heavier? They're not sure? there's questions? but they're (the CDC) pressing ahead with changing the guidance that as of yesterday per their twitter they were all in on? WOW that's remarkable.

Trauma

If WDW reinstates indoor masking and it isn't removed before the next time I was going to visit (likely in late October/early November) I will be asking for a pro-rated refund for the remainder of my AP. I will also not patronize any business that requires fully vaccinated people to wear a mask. Not having to wear an annoying and uncomfortable mask was a primary driver of me getting vaccinated. I don't care if I can get a high viral load with a mild or asymptomatic case of Delta and make an unvaccinated person very sick.

Get vaccinated if you don't want to get very sick and stop making me do things to protect you. Standard caveat of I feel bad for immunocompromised people or those who can't get vaccinated. Unfortunately, you'll need to take extra precautions like wearing an N95 respirator if you want to be at a lower risk.
Maybe Universal won’t require masks.

Veloci coaster looks amazing.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
This sums it up very well. I think it was a huge mistake to drop all mask requirements at the beginning of the summer. The delta variant spreading so rapidly is the result of that decision. Sad.
How do we explain the delta variant spreading in the UK? It wasn’t after dropping mitigations. It ramped up before they dropped most mitigations.

DisneyDebRob

It seems DeSantis is still prepared to die on the hill he has built for himself:

He is unbelievable. It’s one thing to put yourself out there saying no masks needed.. cruise lines should do this or that.. going against whatever health officials say but to take it a step further.. and he always does.. to start making legislation or sue cruise lines.. then threaten to levy fines and more, all against health officials warnings or recommendations is disgusting during a pandemic still raging. I for the life of me don’t understand. Sure, say it’s a tourist state and he needs to tell everyone it’s fine down their so the money can continue in but we are talking lives here for the people that listen to their leaders and don’t question anything.

oceanbreeze77

If WDW reinstates indoor masking and it isn't removed before the next time I was going to visit (likely in late October/early November) I will be asking for a pro-rated refund for the remainder of my AP. I will also not patronize any business that requires fully vaccinated people to wear a mask. Not having to wear an annoying and uncomfortable mask was a primary driver of me getting vaccinated. I don't care if I can get a high viral load with a mild or asymptomatic case of Delta and make an unvaccinated person very sick.

Get vaccinated if you don't want to get very sick and stop making me do things to protect you. Standard caveat of I feel bad for immunocompromised people or those who can't get vaccinated. Unfortunately, you'll need to take extra precautions like wearing an N95 respirator if you want to be at a lower risk.
I guess you didn't read the terms and conditions part that says "terms and conditions can change at any time"

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
You can complain all you want, doesn’t mean they have to budge. Just ask the thousands upon thousands of their best customers,DVC, how they made out with their complaining and requests during the last year and a half.
They don’t have to budge. But they may if they believe it warrants a service recovery and the person complains enough. I guess he can tell us how it plays out.

correcaminos

I agree that On/Off type levels that can rapidly change are a poor policy. If we're going to have nuance and try to deal with local conditions, it needs to be something that's slow to reduce requiring a consistent improvement and fast but not immediate to turn back on, so it can react to a rapid change but isn't twitchy.

The alternative is a policy that's slow to remove and based on an improvement being so good that there's almost no chance of it slipping again. We've seen, the vaccinated are not willing to wait for this. And the unvaccinated adults tend to just not care. It's a poor combination.
Ours actually had built in off and on for more slow and not immediate. It was still a pain and stupid really as it didn't do a thing. Sorry, just not a fan.

Trauma

The spread in the UK was really bad at one point recently. Worse than the US now. Haven’t checked their latest numbers.
Yeah when you look at the numbers check out those deaths that never spiked.

That’s why all your hear about now is the cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom