Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

oceanbreeze77

It seems DeSantis is still prepared to die on the hill he has built for himself:

his people dont care. 🤷‍♀️

And its not just a politics thing. I have many friends in Florida who dont care about covid protections and hate desantis. Yes there are obviously some, but Floridians are over it. Thats why desantis is able to say and do what he wants.

Virtual Toad

It seems DeSantis is still prepared to die on the hill he has built for himself:

Ugh. Edited to add: What about protecting immune compromised kids?? If we can regulate consumption of peanut-based foods in schools to protect kids with peanut allergies why on earth can’t we enforce a mask mandate to protect children and their families in the face of a global pandemic?

Last edited:

LittleBuford

I’m not sure I understand this mentality. Since the start of the pandemic we have seen various mitigations ramped up and ramped down based on community spread and case levels. This is no different. March 2020 cases spiked in wave 1 and we went into full stay at home orders. Cases dropped down and we reopened and had a period of time things we’re Ok. Cases spiked in Nov-Jan during wave 2 and we reimplemented some mitigations and as cases dropped we relaxed those mitigations, cases continued to drop into the Spring, we relaxed more. Cases stayed low for a period this Summer but they are now ramping up with a possible 3rd wave so we dial the mitigations back up. People who don’t want mitigations wouldn’t have been any happier keeping them in place when cases bottomed put so there wouldn’t have been any less frustration or impatience.
Many people, including numerous posters here, are taking a no-going-back attitude. They are thinking in overly linear terms and frustrated with or even angry at the prospect of returning to mitigations they'd convinced themselves were behind us. Some of the public messaging, particularly from certain leaders, has encouraged this way of thinking, clouding the uncertainties of the bigger picture and pushing people to view the situation as some sort of neat, unidirectional race. I've found the whole thing profoundly disheartening to watch.

mmascari

Internally they will probably hope the state turns yellow by 10/1.
Any betting line on the chance of that happening?

We could start a pool for date FL turns yellow. :)
Put me down for before "The Winds of Winter" is published, but it may be a close call based on FL policy.

Trauma

No, she should have been instructed on the other more important reasons and she still should have received the vaccination.
If not, would you just have provided a fake card, because that may have gotten her out of wearing the mask?

Pure of heart? You are a parent, not a fairy tale character, right?

I wish WDW had a Pinocchio dark ride. Maybe they will add one after the pandemic is over.
What are you even rambling about why would I provide a fake card?

She was raised to understand her actions have consequences.

If she didn’t get vaccinated she new darn well she was wearing a mask.

Your the one who is living in fantasy land making up stories in your head about people you don’t even know.

Sorry if her personal reasons for getting vaccinated dont align with your holier than thou attitude.

Please don’t bother responding back I don’t need to listen to you disparage my parenting or my daughter anymore.

She is already SMARTER than half this country regardless of her reasons.

Good day to you.

LaughingGravy

It seems the only thing that will force people to vaccinate without a legitimate medical reason is to hit them in the wallet.
Maybe pass a new rule from the insurance providers, similar to what is now done for tobacco users.

Beyond a certain date (needs to be soon), if you are not vaccinated and immunized ( pick your vaccine), anything Covid related for medical expenses will not be covered, or at the minimum a surcharge until vaccinated.

Those Covid ICU stays aren't cheap and can be prevented pretty easily now.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Any betting line on the chance of that happening?

We could start a pool for date FL turns yellow. :)
Put me down for before "The Winds of Winter" is published, but it may be a close call based on FL policy.
I’ll take 9/30/21 Not because I think FL will do anything but because the waves follow 3 month arcs and this one ramped up early July so should run it’s course by end of Sept.

oceanbreeze77

What is happening is something we always knew was going to happen. The virus is mutating and becoming a new weapon with each new variant. I had hoped we would meet our vaccine goals, obviously that didn't happen, and instead, the virus may be using the vaccinated as an advantage. If its true that vaccinate people are carrying the same delta viral load, who knows what kind of concoction the vaccine and the variant are creating. I'm tired of this CDC approach and its time they get nasty with their approach. Vaccine requirements, and suing states, or maybe even cutting off states that dont comply.

Lilofan

I’ll take 9/30/21 Not because I think FL will do anything but because the waves follow 3 month arcs and this one ramped up early July so should run it’s course by end of Sept.
Bad timing for the 50th anniversary of WDW- first week of Oct. Turn yellow soon FL!

SamusAranX

It seems the only thing that will force people to vaccinate without a legitimate medical reason is to hit them in the wallet.
Maybe pass a new rule from the insurance providers, similar to what is now done for tobacco users.

Beyond a certain date (needs to be soon), if you are not vaccinated and immunized ( pick your vaccine), anything Covid related for medical expenses will not be covered, or at the minimum a surcharge until vaccinated.

Those Covid ICU stays aren't cheap and can be prevented pretty easily now.
This could work and I have suggested it before. Or go the “carrot” approach. Waived deductibles for the year, a payout of money from the insurance company, some sort of incentive. My existing insurance has a rewards system for (non covid related) healthy goals that you can eventually exchange for monetary value. Not sure why the same isn’t in play for the vaccine

DisneyCane

Your data is as of June 1,2021. The spikes are more recent then that.

We have a different definition of what's honest, relevant data.
Ummmmm. Go check the site again. It was last updated 7/26. The June 1 date is telling you that the data is for hospitals registered for Medicare or Medicaid by June 1, 2021. That's not when the data was updated.

hopemax

I would say he is prepared for other people to die on that hill, or be hospitalized.

He will be suffering no personal consequences.

DisneyCane

If WDW reinstates indoor masking and it isn't removed before the next time I was going to visit (likely in late October/early November) I will be asking for a pro-rated refund for the remainder of my AP. I will also not patronize any business that requires fully vaccinated people to wear a mask. Not having to wear an annoying and uncomfortable mask was a primary driver of me getting vaccinated. I don't care if I can get a high viral load with a mild or asymptomatic case of Delta and make an unvaccinated person very sick.

Get vaccinated if you don't want to get very sick and stop making me do things to protect you. Standard caveat of I feel bad for immunocompromised people or those who can't get vaccinated. Unfortunately, you'll need to take extra precautions like wearing an N95 respirator if you want to be at a lower risk.

TrainsOfDisney

Many people, including numerous posters here, are taking a no-going-back attitude. They are thinking in overly linear terms and frustrated with or even angry at the prospect of returning to mitigations they'd convinced themselves were behind us. Some of the public messaging, particularly from certain leaders, has encouraged this way of thinking, clouding the uncertainties of the bigger picture and pushing people to view the situation as some sort of neat, unidirectional race. I've found the whole thing profoundly disheartening to watch.
This sums it up very well. I think it was a huge mistake to drop all mask requirements at the beginning of the summer. The delta variant spreading so rapidly is the result of that decision. Sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom