News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

spaldingclan

So here is the true value of being vaccinated. You do not care. Vaccination protects YOU. In certain cases? Vaccination + Mask protects YOU even more (airlines and other sealed Public Transport come to mind).

Please - get vaccinated to protect YOU. DW & I are - two doses of Moderna ended 3-31-2021. Worry less about the choices of others - just protect YOU from THEIR choices?
this is pretty much where I land on this now. I'm vaccinated and so is my entire family. we just enjoyed a week at WDW end of June and we got vaccinated mainly so we didnt have to even worry about any of us getting sick...do I care if the other 40k people on property are vaccinated? not even a little. have fun trying to guess if you'll ever get Delta over the next year

Disney Glimpses

Another thing to consider: Disney has effectively exited the business of COVID-19 mitigation. Many staff that have been hired recently aren’t even trained for such measures. It’s not as simple as updating a website overnight.

Which is why I think barring a massive change in messaging from the CDC directly, they are going to continue to operate as though COVID-19 no longer exists.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Eh, just because they aren’t wearing them because they’re not required doesn’t mean people would refuse to go if they had to wear it. I think some have this idea that some people like wearing masks. No one truly likes it, but I understand why it’s a thing and I’d understand if Disney said they were required again indoors.
I like them for 3 reasons
1 No general crud, cold, flu the past 16ish months
2 They help with my allergies and yesterday with the bad air quality
3 less makeup as in I haven't bought any lipstick or needed lip balm
That being said I want everybody to get their word of swear together YESTERDAY if not before! So it is really a safe choice for everybody to be able to ditch them.

CarolinaSoprano

So, then they should wear them. If we can't force people to get vaccinated, then I shouldn't be forced to wear a mask as theater to 'protect' them. Because that's what masking vaccinated people is: theater.
I totally agree. The problem is they want every else to wear a mask also. Some were very angry at the CDC’s surprise announcement when they said the vaccinated no longer needed them. In the last few pages alone look at the people who want to see the mask mandates back for everyone.

correcaminos

Yep same. Most people are wearing them. But not all. You get a straggler. On skyliner only family groups were being loaded together as we went at off peak times and it wasn’t crowded. So as soon as it took off everyone took off their masks in the cabins.
Thank you again. The skyliner was running that way too when we were there. So we got to enjoy them alone when not busy. Some even removed back when indoors was required

spaldingclan

I totally agree. The problem is they want every else to wear a mask also. Some were very angry at the CDC’s surprise announcement when they said the vaccinated no longer needed them. In the last few pages alone look at the people who want to see the mask mandates back for everyone.
sorry, I got vaccinated so I dont have to wear a mask...I'm not the problem, make the unvaccinated wear one

KrzyKtty

Masks are not coming back. That part of the debate should just end. Look at FL's current case chart:

1626917604965.png

They are in their third highest trend, and tracking to surpass the first wave a year ago at this rate. However, the government is adamant that everything is over; anything to the contrary is shot down with gusto. If these numbers couldn't move them, nothing will.

Luckily their corresponding death trend is still dropping.

1626917426425.png

Last edited:

disneygeek90

Masks are not coming back. That part of the debate should just end. Look at FL's current case chart:

View attachment 573864

They are in their third highest trend, and tracking to surpass the first wave a year ago at this rate. However, the government is adamant that everything is over; anything to the contrary is shot down with gusto. If these numbers couldn't move them, nothing will.

Luckily their corresponding death trend is still dropping.

View attachment 573863
Deaths have always lagged several weeks behind cases. Not saying they will go back up, but it’s far too early to look at death count for cases occurring in the past week.

KrzyKtty

Deaths have always lagged several weeks behind cases. Not saying they will go back up, but it’s far too early to look at death count for cases occurring in the past week.
True, and I didn't think of that so thank you for pointing it out. Although, their death count did continue to overall decline during their third wave back in April.

Wendy Pleakley

I like them for 3 reasons
1 No general crud, cold, flu the past 16ish months
2 They help with my allergies and yesterday with the bad air quality
3 less makeup as in I haven't bought any lipstick or needed lip balm
That being said I want everybody to get their word of swear together YESTERDAY if not before! So it is really a safe choice for everybody to be able to ditch them.

Can something be done about people using words of swear in their posts?

Rk2k5

Does anybody know if masks are still required on the monorails, busses, ferrys, and friendship boats?

Touchdown

The CDC guidelines don't follow the science and still refuses to offer the scientific evidence used to create their policies like how they arrived at age 2 for the mask recommendation..
Are you an infectious disease physician with a masters in public health, or PhD in Biology with a focus on Virology? If not you’re going to need to to provide some proof to that statement. I will continue to trust the CDC, so far the only “experts” calling for masks are physicians who make a living being talking heads on TV. The scientific consensus remains the vaccines work.

To use an analogy, imagine the pandemic is a flood. Wearing a surgical mask is akin to having a bucket. If your house is flooding there is a chance that if you went into the basement and started dumping the water into your backyard you could prevent the water from getting to the main floor of your house, but your going to get wet, and you most certainly are not going to prevent your basement from flooding. The vaccine is a sump pump, it has a great chance of preventing any flooding, but it’s not 100%. Assuming it continues to function (all studies thus far have shown it does) asking a vaccinated person to mask is like insisting a person with a sump pump go down to their basement with a bucket and watch to see if any water comes in. It’s probably useless, annoying, and unlikely to prevent your house from flooding if the pump fails.

Disney Glimpses

Are you an infectious disease physician with a masters in public health, or PhD in Biology with a focus on Virology? If not you’re going to need to to provide some proof to that statement. I will continue to trust the CDC, so far the only “experts” calling for masks are physicians who make a living being talking heads on TV. The scientific consensus remains the vaccines work.

To use an analogy, imagine the pandemic is a flood. Wearing a surgical mask is akin to having a bucket. If your house is flooding there is a chance that if you went into the basement and started dumping the water into your backyard you could prevent the water from getting to the main floor of your house, but your going to get wet, and you most certainly are not going to prevent your basement from flooding. The vaccine is a sump pump, it has a great chance of preventing any flooding, but it’s not 100%. Assuming it continues to function (all studies thus far have shown it does) asking a vaccinated person to mask is like insisting a person with a sump pump go down to their basement with a bucket and watch to see if any water comes in. It’s probably useless, annoying, and unlikely to prevent your house from flooding if the pump fails.
What you are suggesting is that even with 100% of the country vaccinated, we would still require mitigation techniques.

I would start getting used to the idea of normality while COVID is spreading rampant, because that’s what is going to happen once we’re sure hospitalizations are truly decoupled from cases. Odds are, we’re all getting this thing one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom