News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disney Glimpses

IMHO we still need to be masking short of a vaccine passport. The honor system has failed because way too many are not honorable
I largely agree with you that mitigation techniques should likely still be in place. But remember, the goal is to get people vaccinated at almost all costs. This is one of those costs. We'll see if it lasts.

RSoxNo1

They just posted. Ironically, this post would go against the notion that masks are returning.

When you're right 52% of the time, you're wrong 48% of the time. Oh well.

StarWarsGirl

Why not both?
d&d nerd GIF

EeyoreFan#24

There's two separate angles here. The “legal liability angle”, which means following established regulations, or the “what Disney thinks is best” angle according to their inside experts.

The first is the point over there and say they said so defense.

The second opens a giant can of worms making Disney its own expert and making them responsible for those decisions. There is no closing that can when it opens.

Not saying it’s right to go either way, but logically, what do you expect a company like that to do?

I expect everything to be followed to the T and nothing more or less.

Wendy Pleakley

Never going to happen; would effectively end the vaccine campaign overnight as it would basically 'admit' they are not effective enough to stop COVID-19.

I don't care what your CV says; it is truly meaningless in this conversation.

That would only be the interpretation of people who are, how can I say this kindly, highly ignorant.

Anyone with reasonable awareness knows that masks are a mitigation designed to help the situation temporarily, but are in no way shape or form a substitute for getting vaccinated.

The people who think such a move would be an "admission" that vaccines aren't effective weren't going to get vaccinated either way.

Parker in NYC

There's two separate angles here. The “legal liability angle”, which means following established regulations, or the “what Disney thinks is best” angle according to their inside experts.

The first is the point over there and say they said so defense.

The second opens a giant can of worms making Disney its own expert and making them responsible for those decisions. There is no closing that can when it opens.

Not saying it’s right to go either way, but logically, what do you expect a company like that to do?

I expect everything to be followed to the T and nothing more or less.
The problem is, the definition of following things to a T needs to change. It doesn’t apply to an ever changing situation. It’s really a simple question. Are you going to wear a mask or not. If people don’t want to do so at Disney, there are 100,000 people behind them who will gladly take their place.

CarolinaSoprano

Just chiming in to give my experience the last 8 days with the Disney buses and masks. Compliance has generally been good. I’d say if there are 40 people on the bus 35 are wearing a mask. When a person with no mask gets on the bus the driver asks them if they have a mask. Some say yes and then continue to their seat and just sit there maskless for the ride. Or the person says no and takes a mask from the dashboard and puts in on or just walks away with it in hand then never puts it on. There is no enforcement from the driver after a person walks past his driver seat.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Just chiming in to give my experience the last 8 days with the Disney buses and masks. Compliance has generally been good. I’d say if there are 40 people on the bus 35 are wearing a mask. When a person with no mask gets on the bus the driver asks them if they have a mask. Some say yes and then continue to their seat and just sit there maskless for the ride. Or the person says no and takes a mask from the dashboard and puts in on or just walks away with it in hand then never puts it on. There is no enforcement from the driver after a person walks past his driver seat.
So here is the true value of being vaccinated. You do not care. Vaccination protects YOU. In certain cases? Vaccination + Mask protects YOU even more (airlines and other sealed Public Transport come to mind).

Please - get vaccinated to protect YOU. DW & I are - two doses of Moderna ended 3-31-2021. Worry less about the choices of others - just protect YOU from THEIR choices?

CarolinaSoprano

So here is the true value of being vaccinated. You do not care. Vaccination protects YOU. In certain cases? Vaccination + Mask protects YOU even more (airlines and other sealed Public Transport come to mind).

Please - get vaccinated to protect YOU. DW & I are - two doses of Moderna ended 3-31-2021. Worry less about the choices of others - just protect YOU from THEIR choices?
I don’t think a single person on the bus cares if someone is not wearing a mask regardless of vaccination status. After all day at the parks cramming in like sardines in CoP, haunted mansion room etc with no masks no one cares they are next to another person not wearing a mask on a bus. Bus vs. haunted mansion room= no difference. Btw my whole group is vaccinated and obviously not bothered by any risk since after all we chose to come to the most magical, crowded place on earth LOL.

correcaminos

Thanks! I was wondering how this went on buses. I assume similar for monorail? When we last went, masks were required indoors in addition to transportation, and I'd say 95% of the time people complied.

CarolinaSoprano

Thanks! I was wondering how this went on buses. I assume similar for monorail? When we last went, masks were required indoors in addition to transportation, and I'd say 95% of the time people complied.
Yep same. Most people are wearing them. But not all. You get a straggler. On skyliner only family groups were being loaded together as we went at off peak times and it wasn’t crowded. So as soon as it took off everyone took off their masks in the cabins.

Tom P.

With regards to the current situation, I think there is about a 50/50 chance that the CDC revises their guidelines once again on masks for the vaccinated.

I firmly believe that, based on the available data, there is no valid reason for vaccinated individuals to be wearing masks in any setting. And I also believe that the CDC revising recommendations again would lead to further lack of confidence in the vaccine and further lack of confidence in what the CDC says. Rightly or wrongly, they will be seen as flip flopping. The reason I say 50/50, though, is that I could see significant political pressure being put on the CDC to change their guidelines yet again if enough of the country becomes scared enough, and the media is really pushing the coming wave of doom narrative very hard right now.

So... I really don't know what they will do.

Trauma

The problem is, the definition of following things to a T needs to change. It doesn’t apply to an ever changing situation. It’s really a simple question. Are you going to wear a mask or not. If people don’t want to do so at Disney, there are 100,000 people behind them who will gladly take their place.
Who are these people you think are taking their place?

If Disney thought more people would visit with mask mandates in place they would have never dropped them.

If they have to bring back mandates it will be a large financial hit for them.

That doesn’t mean they won’t, I think they will follow whatever the CDC says.

Let’s not pretend that people want to wear masks at Disney though, that is simply not true.

Trauma

I don’t think a single person on the bus cares if someone is not wearing a mask regardless of vaccination status. After all day at the parks cramming in like sardines in CoP, haunted mansion room etc with no masks no one cares they are next to another person not wearing a mask on a bus. Bus vs. haunted mansion room= no difference. Btw my whole group is vaccinated and obviously not bothered by any risk since after all we chose to come to the most magical, crowded place on earth LOL.
What percentage of people do you see wearing masks at the parks ?

Parker in NYC

Who are these people you think are taking their place?

If Disney thought more people would visit with mask mandates in place they would have never dropped them.

If they have to bring back mandates it will be a large financial hit for them.

That doesn’t mean they won’t, I think they will follow whatever the CDC says.

Let’s not pretend that people want to wear masks at Disney though, that is simply not true.
THEY ARE GOING. THEY WENT WITH MASKS. THEY CONTINUE TO GO. What is the big deal? People are paying for less and less because they’ve been holed up. Disney knows that. “These people” I’m talking about are the ones who sold out Boo Bash. Who schedule trips around ‘Ohana for shrimp casserole. Mask restrictions don’t require capacity limitations.

There is this truly unfounded rationale on this board that people will picket the place if they have to wear a mask. Crowds have shown that it isn’t an issue. Are there a few bad eggs? Of course. Will there be pushback and some abuse at the parks? Yes. But in the whole, people are traveling to WDW in droves. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom