News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

dreday3

12 different languages
240 different artists
Classics in different languages

This comes from the Food & Wine media event.

I realize I will be laughed out of the building, but I know the complaint (one of) is the use of Disney music/songs in Harmonious, right?

I'm waiting to hear it before judging, because classic songs sung in different languages kind of goes along with World Showcase, representing different countries, etc...yeah, yeah? :D And it could be absolutely beautiful.

Surferboy567

I realize I will be laughed out of the building, but I know the complaint (one of) is the use of Disney music/songs in Harmonious, right?

I'm waiting to hear it before judging, because classic songs sung in different languages kind of goes along with World Showcase, representing different countries, etc...yeah, yeah? :D And it could be absolutely beautiful.
I also think this show has the potential to be great. Waiting to pass judgement myself as well.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

It could sound beautiful. I hazard it will be. Just in the wrong park.

Vinnie Mac

I wonder if HarmonioUS will have any original music. I heard some unfamiliar music during the finale in a video of a full show testing but I only heard about 5 seconds of it. IF that.

RSoxNo1

12 different languages
240 different artists
Classics in different languages

This comes from the Food & Wine media event.

It could sound beautiful. I hazard it will be. Just in the wrong park.

Don’t rely on what you’ve heard from testing but yes it will.
There are some intriguing things here. As a concept, Disney songs in the native languages isn't a bad unifying theme of EPCOT while still "Disneyfying" the park.

Figments Friend

It was mentioned some time ago that the soundtrack to the Show will featuring familiar Disney tunes sung in different languages, among other elements.

Think of 'Disney's Greatest Movie Hits' , but the international versions sung in various native languages.

-

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
There are some intriguing things here. As a concept, Disney songs in the native languages isn't a bad unifying theme of EPCOT while still "Disneyfying" the park.

I, for one, will welcome yet another reminder that when I’m in a Disney theme park, I need constant reminders that I’m in a Disney theme park. Otherwise, I may forget where I am! How embarrassing if I walked into a gift shop, say, Creations Shop, and wondered out loud, “Where’s the Harry Potter merchandise?”. I may get so upset that I don’t spend money on Disney’s overpriced crap.

Haymarket2008

If your talking about the song played at D23 I think someone on here said the new anthem would be used for the beacon of magic/points of light.

Yes, I had heard that too. Looking forward to that. But the video I’m referring to, at least I think, featured the anthem in Harmonious as well. I could be wrong!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom