News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

jrhwdw

Correct, but that started in 1994, some years after 1988 IllumiNations opened. My point was they never install Holiday Shows/Tags right after opening a Regular Show.
Of course Holiday IllumiNations never stopped for the 25th and went right on till ROE 2000.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Correct, but that started in 1994, some years after 1988 IllumiNations opened. My point was they never install Holiday Shows/Tags right after opening a Regular Show.
1992/3

Past form may be irrelevant in this case. Covid notwithstanding.

Phicinfan

Well, with the announcement of no dream lights for MK castle, it seems they want to keep focus on 50th, so maybe HARM won't change either.

RSoxNo1

Figments Friend

Don't remind me!! I sat on a bench and cried while listening to Tapestry of Nations play for one last time that night. Then seeing the earth barge go backstage for the final time brought the tears out even more.

While the post-Show 'Tapestry' music played, I was walking over to the drawbridge to watch the Earth Barge and other units float past at close range....as us die hard fans of the Show shouted and applauded as they passed by to return backstage.

Cast and Show Support were just as emotional about it all as many of us were that evening.
A nice way to close a amazing twenty year run.

:)

-

Dr.GrantSeeker

Goosebumps. And a reminder of what a gem of a show we've lost. Would be perfect for a post-pandemic world.

I love that they put this video together. But what I don't get is what's the purpose? I am not trying to be negative and RoE will forever be my favorite Disney nighttime spectacular, but why continue to show us content like this and talk about the 'former' and how powerful a song such as "We Go On" is and arguable give us nothing even close to what they took away? All they continue to do is remove things with meaning, emotion, and any real sense of what the parks once stood for but they continue to talk about the past? I don't get it 🤷‍♂️

trainplane3

I love that they put this video together. But what I don't get is what's the purpose? I am not trying to be negative and RoE will forever be my favorite Disney nighttime spectacular, but why continue to show us content like this and talk about the 'former' and how powerful a song such as "We Go On" is and arguable give us nothing even close to what they took away? All they continue to do is remove things with meaning, emotion, and any real sense of what the parks once stood for but they continue to talk about the past? I don't get it 🤷‍♂️
It was for the "private" DVC stream they had in January. Just a bonus thing to tack onto the stream with no real meaning.

sedati

"Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future."

Disney can and does both. They make Litte Mermaid, then re-release Snow White. Constantly building a new catalog while dipping into past hits.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom