FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronml

Is there any possibility at all they will return the FP+ to WDW temporarily until the new system?

In other words, those who made reservations before a certain date, will still be eligible to use the old system etc? How soon will this be up and running? By October 1? Later? Earlier?
They would have to upgrade the previous FP+ system to support Park Pass validation in the booking process as well as new business logic around Park Hopper hours.

From Disney’s standpoint it’s hard to justify that kind of investment in a system that they aim to replace soon anyways….. the term “throwaway work” comes to mind.

drizgirl

Is there any possibility at all they will return the FP+ to WDW temporarily until the new system?

In other words, those who made reservations before a certain date, will still be eligible to use the old system etc? How soon will this be up and running? By October 1? Later? Earlier?
No chance. They worked hard to wean everyone off of it. Covid made the impossible possible. They won't give it back for even a moment.

My ✨visionary plan✨ to solve the crushing capacity problem:

Build more attractions! Restart shuttered shows. Open closed restaurants.

I don't want to hear about Disney's capacity management nightmare at Hollywood Studios while Fantasmic, Indiana Jones, and Beauty and the Beast sit empty. I don't want to hear about the insane demand for Magic Kingdom restaurants while Columbia Harbor House, Diamond Horseshoe, Tortuga Tavern, and Aunt Polly's remain closed. Disney is intentionally creating capacity problems and then up-charging guests to "solve" them.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
My ✨visionary plan✨ to solve the crushing capacity problem:

Build more attractions! Restart shuttered shows. Open closed restaurants.

I don't want to hear about Disney's capacity management nightmare at Hollywood Studios while Fantasmic, Indiana Jones, and Beauty and the Beast sit empty. I don't want to hear about the insane demand for Magic Kingdom restaurants while Columbia Harbor House, Diamond Horseshoe, Tortuga Tavern, and Aunt Polly's remain closed. Disney is intentionally creating capacity problems and then up-charging guests to "solve" them.
This 💯

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
There was a reason the announced resort guests get in 30 minutes early and deluxe resort guests which is all of dvc will have extra time on select days. Trying to soften the blow when this hits and the backlash is ugly and it’s gonna be ugly
Wait what did I miss?

Where's the deluxe resort announcement?

el_super

The FastPass+ system was pushing the limits in terms of availability and taking away the option of spontaneity. Now, on top of that, you add in additional costs? I'm kinda done.

I don't really follow this. Presumably if a similar system were rolled out in the US and people were asked to pay for Fastpass: fewer people would be using Fastpass. Fewer people using Fastpass would basically be a return to normalcy for Standby queues and a return to that level of spontaneity in the pre-Fastpass times... no?

I don't think the end goal here is to milk more money out of people, as much as it is to prevent so many people using/abusing Fastpass.

flynnibus

Premium Member
So basically you’re whole deal is because you had to wait in line for 10 minutes longer? Listen, like I said, this is not an issue. The FP+ system worked. When we went in May, with no FP system in place, lines were longer than ever. They did not move quickly. I don’t care what mathematical equation you put up to support your, or someone else’s, hypothesis. You can use whatever data you want to cherry pick to prove your desired outcome, but the truth of the matter is everyone had access to FPs. The system worked fine, and would most likely work better as more rides are sorted into tiers. It’s okay to have people disagree with you. You don’t need FPs to become the new Paul Sheldon.
The earth is flat because you can tell its flat from where you are standing right???

aaronml

I’m gonna predict this right now. If this goes like I think it will, Disney will lose some dvc members and ap holders
AP holders yeah, but TWDC has already made it clear this year that they don’t care much about APs anymore. Re: DVC….. timeshares are a pain to get rid of from what I’ve heard, but I can definitely see DVC sales dropping.

nickys

Premium Member
Wait what did I miss?

Where's the deluxe resort announcement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom