FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Well sure. But those others aren't going to sit around empty for long. I assume at this point it's mostly a staffing issue.
It's a profitability issue.

With unprecedented demand, they could have all their hotels, restaurants, attractions, water parks (Typhoon "River Country" Lagoon I'm looking at you) back at 100%. But that would mean paying CM more than the peanuts Disney usually bestows upon their beloved employees, which means less $$ in the mouse's pocket.

trainplane3

AP holders yeah, but TWDC has already made it clear this year that they don’t care much about APs anymore. Re: DVC….. timeshares are a pain to get rid of from what I’ve heard, but I can definitely see DVC sales dropping.
Depends what you're selling and the points behind it. If you're selling Saratoga prepare to wait a while. If it's BLT, Wilderness, or Boardwalk it'll go fast.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
It's a profitability issue.

With unprecedented demand, they could have all their hotels, restaurants, attractions, water parks (Typhoon "River Country" Lagoon I'm looking at you) back at 100%. But that would mean paying CM more than the peanuts Disney usually bestows upon their beloved employees, which means less $$ in the mouse's pocket.
That is not correct. Disney is literally offering $1,000 signing bonuses for entry-level *housekeeping* positions. That's unheard of. And they still can't get people.

Waters Back Side

There was a reason the announced resort guests get in 30 minutes early and deluxe resort guests which is all of dvc will have extra time on select days. Trying to soften the blow when this hits and the backlash is ugly and it’s gonna be ugly

30 minutes is nothing. By the time you walk to a ride the rest of the park is open. If it was an hour or more early thst might be different.

jinx8402

They would have to upgrade the previous FP+ system to support Park Pass validation in the booking process as well as new business logic around Park Hopper hours.

From Disney’s standpoint it’s hard to justify that kind of investment in a system that they aim to replace soon anyways….. the term “throwaway work” comes to mind.
They could just not care. I mean you could make dining reservations (and still can at a park you don't have a park pass for). They can throw up the warning that a fastpass does not gaurantee access to that park and you must have a valid park pass reservation or be eligible to hop to that park. They just shift the onus to the user and not the technical system.

flynnibus

Premium Member
But if, for example, everyone wants to ride Tron. The physical line could reach 2 hours within about 30 minutes after official park opening.

So they open up the Standby Return. I can easily see it running out. Unless they stop letting people join it and re-open it when the number of people with a return time goes down. In which case you need to keep your eyes glued to the screen to see when it becomes available again. That’s even worse IMO.

On another point, do you know what kind of proportion of the hourly capacity of a ride will be open for Premier Access?

the problem of unlimited virtual standby is unless there is something you give up for entering the queue there is no disincentive to join the queue… “why not?”

this will greatly increase the size of the virtual queue and increase no shows… making reliable estimates really hard.

it also makes it very hard to turn the virtual wueue back off once enabled.

people will have to give “something” up… like being limited to one virtual queue at a time at least.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
30 minutes is nothing. By the time you walk to a ride the rest of the park is open. If it was an hour or more early thst might be different.
30 minutes is 30 minutes. By the time you walk to a ride, the rest of the park is open, but THOSE people still have to make their wait to the rides too. You act like the EMH people have to take time to walk to a ride, but the non-EMH people magically teleport to their rides, negating the head start.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is a terrible idea.
It’s the only one the CEO Will tolerate

1625583645847.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom