FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indy_UK

We need to remember that Paris is very different. I’ve personally never needed a fast pass in Paris. I don’t think I have ever waited more than 45 mins for a ride.

WDW is a different beast.

Can’t wait to see the locals reaction if this replaced Max Pass in Disneyland

Waters Back Side

Prior to Covid…fastpass return was rarely 10 minutes…typically 20-40 minutes on the earth shatteringly exciting space mountain (built just yesterday in 1975)

this wouldn’t be different. I’ll just share…on April 9th I did the stupid Cell phone scramble at 1 pm for abrams fest…boarding group was 4:45…took about 25 minutes to get on. Good news is I never have to do that again.

I've been to Disney 6 times. Always in spring break. Always peak time..in 6 trips I have NEVER ever waited (not a single time) more than 20 minutes for a ride I had a FP for.

I stood like the rest on lines where I did not choose a FP for of course, but the FP always got me on 3 rides in 20 minutes or less.

I've done my fair share of waiting like everyone else. Hours for characters, long waits for rides. But if I'm paying 10k for a trip I should get 3 walk ons. Sorry. Especially when everyone has that option.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Can any of our insiders verify this will be similar to the new system going into WDW? I’d imagine Paris is a test bed but surely some of these features just won’t fly in WDW (standby pass).
I’ve heard standby pass mentioned specifically for Orlando, though under the name virtual queue. Same operating method. And not the RotR method.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I agree with your thoughts.

They want to push out the middle class families. Guests who pay for deluxe resorts, DVC and services like this lightning pass with pay the shortfall but will also have a better guest satisfaction because there will be less people in the parks.

It’s blatantly obvious how they are moving forward.

They want the middle classes to stay at home and enjoy they’re $7.99 Disney+ subscription

The 1% they're catering to aren't vacationing in Disney.

No doubt that DVC members could generally be more well to do, but you don't see the millionaires slumming it at the Bay Lake Tower or the Grand Floridian Villas.

Quite frankly Disney does not offer the luxury offerings that would appeal to the demographic they are evidently courting.

For the few that meet their demographic requirements, it will be of diminishing returns.

Splashin' Ryan

What's really going to be the issue is whenever the changes are announced for WDW, the parks blog, or whatever division announces the changes will sugar coat it as a way to reduce wait times or something similar and all of the people who only read the post will only likely see the changes as positive and won't do the research that it will in fact make their vacation significantly more challenging.

It's the "Disney can do no wrong" fans that really make it harder and harder to challenge every bad decision Disney makes because Disney knows they will always have support from some people.

Surferboy567

I’ve heard standby pass mentioned specifically for Orlando, though under the name virtual queue. Same operating method.
That is extremely worrying…I don’t even know how that would function. I don’t think guests and (us for that matter) are going to take kindly to the fact Standby queues could be open or closed at their discretion. They have to know this is a bad system.

I get they want to increase revenue per guest, this is the dumbest way possible though. I really think their is a breaking point where people simply will not go.

mikejs78

Premium Member
That is extremely worrying…I don’t even know how that would function. I don’t think guests and (us for that matter) are going to take kindly to the fact Standby queues could be open or closed at their discretion. They have to know this is a bad system.

I get they want to increase revenue per guest, this is the dumbest way possible though. I really think their is a breaking point where people simply will not go.
I could actually see this being rolled out and then rarely (if ever) used once it becomes apparent how much of a PIA it is by operations. May only end up being used by one or two attractions when they are brand new or during Christmas week... Much like they rolled out virtual queuing to get into Galaxy's edge but then never used it.

Indy_UK

The 1% they're catering to aren't vacationing in Disney.

No doubt that DVC members could generally be more well to do, but you don't see the millionaires slumming it at the Bay Lake Tower or the Grand Floridian Villas.

Quite frankly Disney does not offer the luxury offerings that would appeal to the demographic they are evidently courting.

For the few that meet their demographic requirements, it will be of diminishing returns.

I think they’re courting the hardcore Disney fans who will continue to pay no matter what rather than 1% of regular holiday goers

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
The system will be a major pain for cast to enforce and explain given how convoluted it is.
Can you imagine the first time guest confronted with this? Or a non-native english speaker?

Imagine being a first time guest, buying $$$ day ticket, only to find out that they only attraction you can experience without paying is the Swiss Family Robinson Walk through.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Believe me I hope I’m wrong. I’d be happy to be wrong.

Surferboy567

I could actually see this being rolled out and then rarely (if ever) used once it becomes apparent how much of a PIA it is by operations.
That is definitely a possibility. The only reason why I think it could be used is that when is ever the main attraction never not busy. Think about FOP specifically, I can see that being a problem. This extends to Slinky, Rise (if it gets standby), Rat, Frozen, Test Track, Soarin’ (possibly), Guardians (possibly), Mine Train, Splash, Space, Big Thunder (to a lesser extent), TRON etc.

BasiltheBatLord

The standby pass system has been in operation in Tokyo for several months now. Not sure if what DLP is doing is different or not, but in Tokyo standby passes are limited (attractions can and will run out), only allowed one ride per day (unless the attraction goes out of standby pass mode, which often happens at the beginning and end of the day) and the line isn't any faster when you actually get there, it's often still normal wait times (up to 45 mins).

Needless to say it sucks. Taking away guest agency and choice for no reason. I don't know why the simple human tradition of waiting in line for something had to be messed with.

Last edited:

matt9112

I never waited in a single standby line for more than 15 minutes. Ever (unless something broke down while we were already in line). And we rode every attraction on every trip. 8 night trip gives us 9 park days, which amounts to 27 pre-booked FastPasses, at least 9 more same-day FastPasses, plus 8 rope drops. That's over 40 rides I was able to do with zero wait, and since there aren't 40 rides at WDW that ever have a meaningful wait to begin with, it means I never waited for anything.

I understand that not everyone tours the same way that my family does, but the old system was exceptional for us and this one sucks hard.

Not everyone can afford a new cars worth of vacation 🤣🤣🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom