News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Stevek

I'm hoping the same by the time our time comes around in January. Is there still a possibility this one will open with a boarding pass system?
I have not heard, I certainly hope not. Would be interesting see if they try the virtual queue they used out here for Indiana Jones. It worked fine for us, I'd have zero problems roaming Epcot and going back at a specific time range...not as restrictive as boarding passes.

Last edited:

Sandurz

Photo update from above the walls from last Saturday. So sad that this finished area (and as well the ride) is sitting unused for the past couple months…

And months to come still….ridiculous lol. Bump the walls back to the queue entrance! Or better yet, put some themed signage about Gusteau’s reopening in October and open the whole street. Or even better yet just open the ride too…still one of the most baffling choices they’ve made in recent memory and they deserve all the grief they’ve got from Universal and Len Testa for it.

peter11435

And months to come still….ridiculous lol. Bump the walls back to the queue entrance! Or better yet, put some themed signage about Gusteau’s reopening in October and open the whole street. Or even better yet just open the ride too…still one of the most baffling choices they’ve made in recent memory and they deserve all the grief they’ve got from Universal and Len Testa for it.
It shouldn’t be baffling. There are several very understandable reasons they made this decision.

pdude81

It doesn’t harm the guest experience in any way to pause on opening a new attraction that didn’t replace anything
This is mostly true. But they are letting in more people than a month or two ago without really expanding the offering of attractions or shows. Thankfully some more dining is opening but it's getting ugly now. I was at Epcot last week and JII was up to 40 minutes mid day. I'm not sure it ever hit that in FP time other than possibly 12/25 or 12/31.

EricsBiscuit

It doesn’t harm the guest experience in any way to pause on opening a new attraction that didn’t replace anything
It increases the opportunity cost. Bob Joe had a trip planned for this summer and now can’t change it. He’s missing out on an experience he planned his trip around. It definitely is disappointing at the least.

EricsBiscuit

This is mostly true. But they are letting in more people than a month or two ago without really expanding the offering of attractions or shows. Thankfully some more dining is opening but it's getting ugly now. I was at Epcot last week and JII was up to 40 minutes mid day. I'm not sure it ever hit that in FP time other than possibly 12/25 or 12/31.
Maybe they were testing if they still could post 40 minutes on the sign? I can’t imagine any scenario besides NYE where it’s 40 min wait. Maybe if Olivia Rodrigo just went on it and everyone is following her? Even that is pushing it.

ctrlaltdel

I suppose it is nice to know that this won't be rushed to completion right to the end, but I do think that it is silly to have it just sitting there. That being said, I totally understand it in the context of marketing the 50th/likely opening up the parks to full or near-full capacity around that time.

Since I haven't been posting here since I actually rode it in Paris back in 2020, figured I would offer my unsolicited thoughts. It will certainly be a nice addition to World Showcase, but it's more of a solid double than a home run. While it was one of the attractions I was most excited to ride, I was slightly underwhelmed. Still enjoyed it, but my expectations were probably too high.

pdude81

Maybe they were testing if they still could post 40 minutes on the sign? I can’t imagine any scenario besides NYE where it’s 40 min wait. Maybe if Olivia Rodrigo just went on it and everyone is following her? Even that is pushing it.
Nah, I was there. Park was slammed on a friday morning/afternoon and the line extended well outside of the building.

jt04

I suppose it is nice to know that this won't be rushed to completion right to the end, but I do think that it is silly to have it just sitting there. That being said, I totally understand it in the context of marketing the 50th/likely opening up the parks to full or near-full capacity around that time.

Since I haven't been posting here since I actually rode it in Paris back in 2020, figured I would offer my unsolicited thoughts. It will certainly be a nice addition to World Showcase, but it's more of a solid double than a home run. While it was one of the attractions I was most excited to ride, I was slightly underwhelmed. Still enjoyed it, but my expectations were probably too high.

Fewer grand slams and more solid doubles are just what is needed for awhile.

peter11435

They are letting in more guests than a couple months ago. But they are still letting in less guests than before the shutdown and every attraction that was open then is open now

pdude81

They are letting in more guests than a couple months ago. But they are still letting in less guests than before the shutdown and every attraction that was open then is open now
We can split hairs over whether MILF or TT are attractions or not, and I'll concede Enchanted Tales might be more of an issue with union agreements than operational, but certainly seem to be missing things that were open before the shutdown. Even the launch bay was something to get people out of lines on a hot day.

peter11435

We can split hairs over whether MILF or TT are attractions or not, and I'll concede Enchanted Tales might be more of an issue with union agreements than operational, but certainly seem to be missing things that were open before the shutdown. Even the launch bay was something to get people out of lines on a hot day.
I was specifically referring to Epcot. Since that is what’s relevant regarding atttaction capacity/demand at Epcot. I’ll give you TT.

doctornick

Are you talking about Epcot only? Because plenty of attractions are still not open at WDW that were there pre-COVID…

Edit: okay I see you were talking about Epcot but Turtle Talk has been mentioned. And are are the post show play stuff like at Imagination or M:S or SSE running? No nighttime show yet (but soon) but we’ll be losing Far and Wide soon thereafter. And we are still missing streetmosphere and M&Gs (plus the Agent P/Ducktales game which yes closed before COVID but still hasn’t reopened)

point being, there’s still capacity missing even at Epcot.

Last edited:

peter11435

Are you talking about Epcot only? Because plenty of attractions are still not open at WDW that were there pre-COVID…
Yes. I’m specifically referring to Epcot.
I am aware that there are many entertainment offerings that have not returned. However outside of Turtle Talk Epcot doesn’t have any entertainment based attractions that have remained closed.

EricsBiscuit

Why did he plan his trip around a single attraction that did not have an announced opening date?
What Is This Reaction GIF by Adult Swim

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom