FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoFloMagic

How is that different from say pre pandemic free dining dropping or dessert parties releasing dates, or more recently Boo Bash tickets going on sale?
We all know its going to be chaotic initially whether its the return of the FP+ we know or a new system.
Imagine if they went back to 60 day windows and dropped all at once. You'd have 67 days of fastpasses released in one day. Then that system would have to check for park passes too. Oof.

Disney Glimpses

Imagine if they went back to 60 day windows and dropped all at once. You'd have 67 days of fastpasses released in one day. Then that system would have to check for park passes too. Oof.
Knowing how WDW seems to do things, I wouldn't be surprised if they issued FP reservations to people without corresponding theme park reservations.

SoFloMagic

Knowing how WDW seems to do things, I wouldn't be surprised if they issued FP reservations to people without corresponding theme park reservations.
Yup. I think the best case scenario is just max pass being transplanted (but without the free legacy fastpass option). Include access to it for "free" with deluxe resorts/dvc and platinum APs. Charge everyone else $20 a day for it.

Then let the genie grant your wishes for the FOP pass you can't find for the low low price of 4 easy payments of $24.99

Splashin' Ryan

If there really is any change made to the system that requires payment of fastpasses, I truly believe that it's just another step in devaluing the on-property resort stay.

Imagine you're a larger family that would need to buy fastpasses for all of your family members (imagine having to explain to kids why only certain family members can skip the lines, yikes!). You add it up and realize you simply can't pay the price for everyone; then that's immediately a major perk taken away from staying on site. You're not left with much else at that point. *assuming that FP won't come free at this hypothetical resort*

Major Orlando area resorts will have cheaper prices, many have transportation to wdw, (many look nice ) and since you won't need FP and won't have extended EMH, you'll end up staying there instead.

Once Disney realizes that the rate at which people stay on property declines, they won't have the hindsight to see that the cut perks resulted in it, and will instead milk the remaining guests for even more money.

Their current business model is so shortsighted and will undoubtedly cause them issues in the future.

jinx8402

They could also move to 30 days out for resort guests and 15 days out for off site/day guests. This would follow the reduction of ADR and not have to be planned so far out in advance.

MagicHappens1971

While I don’t agree with charging for FastPass, I don’t understand why everyone thinks it’s this far out concept when universal has been doing it forever.

G00fyDad

While I don’t agree with charging for FastPass, I don’t understand why everyone thinks it’s this far out concept when universal has been doing it forever.
People don't go to Universal for as long as they go to Walt Disney World during a vacation. That same price spread out over a Disney World vacation is unsustainable by the average guest.

MagicHappens1971

People don't go to Universal for as long as they go to Walt Disney World during a vacation. That same price spread out over a Disney World vacation is unsustainable by the average guest.
Agreed on the length of stay, but the rumored prices on here would still be cheaper than purchasing it at Universal. At least from my understanding.

matt9112

Let's not forget the value of FP's for those with dinner reservations. If you have a 6:00 reservation for, say, Be Our Guest, then you pretty much cannot do anything for a whole hour before that time if you don't have any FP's. However, you can do a FP or two within the hour before dinner (depending on when/how you reserve them).

The FP's always provided more bang for the buck for those that had them.

You mean the 180 day ADR system and mass produced dining plan that has negatively effected almost every eatery on property? But your point is valid. Maybe there should be attractions withoug massive waits? I guess as the public we have accepted 60-90 minutes as ok and its just part of it...but i dont think its that sinple.

TrojanUSC

I read a report on the Disboards from someone at AK today. They said they overheard a group come up to EE with Fastpasses (the cm at the front specifically asked which type of pass they had). When the poster inquired what that was about, the cm said they were doing some limited testing and that was all they could say.

Honestly this just sounds like the CM trying to avoid saying they were VIPs of some sort, and it created confusion.

matt9112

Isnt universal up to 4 days roughly recommended? If you want to do it all. Im so excited for epic universe because of the amount of pressure its going to apply to the mouse.

matt9112

A fast-moving (but not necessarily less time-consuming) line, which matters more to people than I ever realised before this thread!

Science....a fast moving line with the same actual wait is FAR more bearable for people. 60 minutes that doesn't move feels like hours and 60 minutes that your slow walking most of the time feels like less.

matt9112

It’s really not that bad - at least not for my family. We would be much more disappointed if we missed experiences that we looked forward to, and we love the freedom of spending the day at Blizzard Beach, getting to AK around 4, riding FOP, Safari and Everest with a stop in between for dinner at Tiffins. It’s really not that much planning.

I’m sure that people who hate reserving rides and find themselves suffering at the parks are letting Disney know. Disney is probably hearing from them as well as from those who appreciate the system.

What if the parks were built out to a point you didn't have to plan and still not miss anything.....woah magiiiic.

matt9112

Yeah, but now with no FP it's 60 mins for everyone instead of 10 for some and 180 for some.

Ah equality thats not what makes America! Ok sarcasm aside. But yes its amazing how many people are willing to defend a system that statistically make stand by awful but if you are smart enough your experience is better.

I would much rather have the 60 all the time vs maybe 10 or maybe 180 or maybe the lottery 😅

LittleBuford

Science....a fast moving line with the same actual wait is FAR more bearable for people. 60 minutes that doesn't move feels like hours and 60 minutes that your slow walking most of the time feels like less.
I certainly understand the psychology behind what you're saying, but the satisfaction of moving relatively quickly through a queue doesn't, for me at least, compensate for the hours of extra wait time I'd face without FP.

GCTales

I read a report on the Disboards from someone at AK today. They said they overheard a group come up to EE with Fastpasses (the cm at the front specifically asked which type of pass they had). When the poster inquired what that was about, the cm said they were doing some limited testing and that was all they could say.
There were reports on other sites showing FP kiosks (different from the old paper style) in parts of the parks and that cast members were being used to test a new FP system this week.

DIs on FB was one, iirc that showed the pics and a comment from someone that had a relative who was cast member and was told that is all they were allowed to publicy.

Chi84

Premium Member
Ah equality thats not what makes America! Ok sarcasm aside. But yes its amazing how many people are willing to defend a system that statistically make stand by awful but if you are smart enough your experience is better.

I would much rather have the 60 all the time vs maybe 10 or maybe 180 or maybe the lottery 😅
Not everyone is able to wait 60 minutes all the time, but who cares, right? Maybe just give everyone over or under a certain age a disability pass? Or do we just tell them not to go to WDW?

Disney knows what it’s doing.

Last edited:

TrojanUSC

There were reports on other sites showing FP kiosks (different from the old paper style) in parts of the parks and that cast members were being used to test a new FP system this week.

DIs on FB was one, iirc that showed the pics and a comment from someone that had a relative who was cast member and was told that is all they were allowed to publicy.

Sounds like a story from a bus driver. The kiosks have been on and off for months as they do maintenance and repairs.

peter11435

Not everyone is able to wait 60 minutes all the time, but who cares, right? Maybe just give everyone over or under a certain age a disability pass? Or do we just tell them not to go to WDW?

Disney knows what it’s doing.
Disney world operated for decades without any sort of virtual queue system. So what did those people who can’t wait 60 minutes do then? Oh right… not every thing was or would be 60 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom