FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chi84

Premium Member
For every FP? Of course not. For the good FPs on the DAYS YOU WANT at the TIMES YOU WANT... yes you do.
That’s exactly what the people who like FP+ want. The thing you don’t seem to understand is that we simply may not care about the stuff you insist we’re giving up. People are different. Not everyone thinks like you or wants what you do. We’re different, not clueless, selfish or wrong about FP+.

flynnibus

Premium Member
That’s exactly what the people who like FP+ want. The thing you don’t seem to understand is that we simply may not care about the stuff you insist we’re giving up. People are different. Not everyone thinks like you or wants what you do. We’re different, not clueless, selfish or wrong about FP+.

You can have that position - but that doesn't mean the impact to others doesn't exist. That's the problem, people think "not me..." so lets roll! Instead of "what works the best for the most".

It's fine to say "I don't mind... " "I don't miss that..." etc... people instead act like the impact to others isn't real, or should be diminished because they aren't bothered or impacted. Or worse, people make up realities to justify their beliefs.

Parker in NYC

You can have that position - but that doesn't mean the impact to others doesn't exist. That's the problem, people think "not me..." so lets roll! Instead of "what works the best for the most".

It's fine to say "I don't mind... " "I don't miss that..." etc... people instead act like the impact to others isn't real, or should be diminished because they aren't bothered or impacted. Or worse, people make up realities to justify their beliefs.
It's not like we're talking vaccines!

MJM

I think all the FP+ supporters DO understand that not everyone has the same experience or ability to book those FPs (and I could argue that you could learn just as I did how to do it if you REALLY wanted) but why because others don’t have that same experience, does that have to equate to a FP should be eradicated mentality? We’re all on here saying in our experience it’s been great. We have loved having it for WDW vacations and used it as its intended. We have been able to book FP for major attractions during our visits and it’s been a huge time saver and benefit to staying on site. We all hope it returns and soon.

I don’t agree that just because other people have not had this same positive experience with FP+ that I need to “admit” anything. My experience is mine alone. And frankly I don’t really care if people don’t want to plan ahead and therefore don’t get the same FPs I always do. That’s on them. What does that have to do with anyone else? FP+ was an equal opportunity playing field for Disney resort guests- and free. You can spin that however you want but the facts are the facts

Chi84

Premium Member

It’s not my job to get a system that works best for most because I don’t know what most WDW guests want. Neither do you. You are just as guilty of ignoring what works for others. People traveling with older relatives or young children are used to working with schedules and may not be able to wait in long lines for rides.

Disney is in the best position to know what its guests want and to balance competing interests in fashioning a system that takes those interests into account. A system that serves only the majority without considering the needs of various subsets is not necessarily the best one.

Last edited:
2.5% savings in wait... in exchange for
- Having to make ride reservations 60 days out
- Having to pay onsite prices to even have that opportunity
- Facing that the vast majority of availability will be consumed before you even step in a park
- Losing the ability to have an equal shot at a pass as everyone else day of
None of those points were listed in the original statement... I read the original comment as a hypothetical, attempting to suggest that often we are misled by manipulative pricing as an analogy to FP+ vs. standby only. I absolutely agree with the sentiment, the math just didn't yield the expected answer which is why it is important to recognize the complexity of some scenarios.

If, in a different hypothetical, I would save 2.5% of my time waiting in line with the above associated costs, then obviously I would have zero interest in this. This is a hypothetical which does not come from anywhere though, so I find it can be misleading to draw conclusions here.

I wish we had more data/information that would inform the anecdotal experiences because I honestly cannot say which side I would fall on. Without the data, I very much hope (and 100% expect) for FP+ to come back.

iowamomof4

I read a report on the Disboards from someone at AK today. They said they overheard a group come up to EE with Fastpasses (the cm at the front specifically asked which type of pass they had). When the poster inquired what that was about, the cm said they were doing some limited testing and that was all they could say.

Jedijax719

I'm somewhat new and do not know many folks here. Are those saying there might be an announcement this week reliable sources? I am not asking that to be disrespectful at all. I truly do not know.

G00fyDad

I'm somewhat new and do not know many folks here. Are those saying there might be an announcement this week reliable sources? I am not asking that to be disrespectful at all. I truly do not know.

Yes and no. No one knows for sure but we are all making guesses at this point. There is a lot of signals that the FP+ is coming back soon and recent activity by Disney (unveiling the machines again and testing FP+ today) says that it may come back any day now.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No

I'm no one. Its just my personal guess. Personally I've always thought FP+ would be back by 4th of July and would probably not change much if at all.
Others that would seem to have more "insider" information have said it will still be quite a while and it will be vastly different than it was.
Then again some of those same people said masks would last much longer, and capacity limits would last much longer, and fireworks wouldn't return until next year etc.
We just have to wait and see.

SoFloMagic

I mean how do you just turn it back on without crashing the system for weeks? Go day-of only? Make em easentially into boarding groups but with some upsells?

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I mean how do you just turn it back on without crashing the system for weeks? Go day-of only? Make em easentially into boarding groups but with some upsells?

How is that different from say pre pandemic free dining dropping or dessert parties releasing dates, or more recently Boo Bash tickets going on sale?
We all know its going to be chaotic initially whether its the return of the FP+ we know or a new system.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
AFAIK, there's been no new information since the first post of this thread, and even that is rumors based on what Disney *may* do and haven't fully decided yet what they actually will do and when.

That's right, 2.6K posts based on that.

Disney Glimpses

AFAIK, there's been no new information since the first post of this thread, and even that is rumors based on what Disney *may* do and haven't fully decided yet what they actually will do and when.

That's right, 2.6K posts based on that.
It would be very surprising if we got an announcement without several details being leaked prior. I don't think it's coming for a while. I hope I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom