FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Honestly, nothing will convince you that FP+ doesn’t tie people down as much as you think.

I just wish people were more honest with their answers to start with. Would make things a lot more direct.

Not being bothered by something is very different than 'never happening' or dismissing other's situations as extremes.

Answers like

"we never wait more than 20mins"
"we only use FP..."
"we never have those problems..."

or worse.. inferring children are spoiled.

Are all just people with selective memory because maybe the exceptions just didn't bother them in their circumstance. But they leap from that to downplay other scenarios as impractical or corner cases.

All my kids are grown and out of the house now.. and the majority of my recent trips have been solo or couple missions. So I can happily ignore the woes of others if I choose to bury my head.

flynnibus

Premium Member
For some people, those answers are true. We each have different experiences, and it would make discussion a lot more pleasant and productive if we didn't automatically assume that something we find unrelatable is a lie.

If you have lived your entire disney life and never waited more then 20mins... you deserve a freaking trophy.

Don't say 'never' if you don't actually mean it. "Well, we only do it sometimes and its no big deal" != "never"

(Or you are the type that take low hanging fruit and are the AP multi-visitors who really AREN'T THE SAME AUDIENCE as everyone else. And I bet they still get in long lines when they want to.. aka new attractions, special versions, just something they actually want to do).

acup313

If you have lived your entire disney life and never waited more then 20mins... you deserve a freaking trophy.

Don't say 'never' if you don't actually mean it. "Well, we only do it sometimes and its no big deal" != "never"

(Or you are the type that take low hanging fruit and are the AP multi-visitors who really AREN'T THE SAME AUDIENCE as everyone else. And I bet they still get in long lines when they want to.. aka new attractions, special versions, just something they actually want to do).
We have only started going recently like the last 5 years. I have been 4 times. We used FP for everything except for one time we rode standby for Dumbo so our kids could play in the playground. I will say we probably did wait close to 20 minutes a couple of times on rides like the safari when something went wrong.

LittleBuford

Some people say they refuse to wait for more than twenty minutes, and I have no reason to doubt them. During a five-day trip I took with my partner during spring break of 2017, we had only one wait that exceeded twenty minutes, and that was (embarrassingly enough) for Enchanted Tales with Belle. We didn't have a set policy against slightly longer queues⁠—up to half an hour is OK by me⁠—but between our touring strategy and use of FP, we were spared anything more than twenty minutes except for that one attraction. So I don't find it at all difficult to believe that those who are dead-set against longer wait times really are able to avoid them.

flynnibus

Premium Member
We have only started going recently like the last 5 years. I have been 4 times. We used FP for everything except for one time we rode standby for Dumbo so our kids could play in the playground. I will say we probably did wait close to 20 minutes a couple of times on rides like the safari when something went wrong.
You use FPs for every show too?
How many attractions do you typically do a day?

Chi84

Premium Member
I just wish people were more honest with their answers to start with. Would make things a lot more direct.

Not being bothered by something is very different than 'never happening' or dismissing other's situations as extremes.

Answers like

"we never wait more than 20mins"
"we only use FP..."
"we never have those problems..."

or worse.. inferring children are spoiled.

Are all just people with selective memory because maybe the exceptions just didn't bother them in their circumstance. But they leap from that to downplay other scenarios as impractical or corner cases.

All my kids are grown and out of the house now.. and the majority of my recent trips have been solo or couple missions. So I can happily ignore the woes of others if I choose to bury my head.
I’m not being dishonest or implying that children are spoiled. And as far as hyperbole is concerned, I’m not the one who said people are “suffering” because of a Disney ride system. If people are truly that dissatisfied with WDW, they should let Disney know.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I’m not being dishonest or implying that children are spoiled. And as far as hyperbole is concerned, I’m not the one who said people are “suffering” because of a Disney ride system. If people are truly that dissatisfied with WDW, they should let Disney know.

Your experience suffers - that is a fact. Suffer Definition: "experience or be subjected to (something bad or unpleasant)"

You act like I said people were being inflicted with harm or something - the word's use is entirely appropriate and factual.

Your vacation experience will suffer if "if you do them[Disney Scheduling] poorly or can't stick to it"

Your retort to an example of the party discovering they want to revisit a park was "kids are usually fine not getting exactly what they want the minute they want it"... if not spoiled children, I don't know what you'd be referring to if parents otherwise gave kids "exactly what they want the minute they want it"

acup313

You use FPs for every show too?
How many attractions do you typically do a day?
Yea we actually did for all of the shows to get better seats. It depends on the park. At least 10 in MK. In Epcot, we would do everything. The last time we went to Hollywood studios was before Toy Story land was open so it was easier to get everything done then.

Chi84

Premium Member
Your experience suffers - that is a fact. Suffer Definition: "experience or be subjected to (something bad or unpleasant)"

You act like I said people were being inflicted with harm or something - the word's use is entirely appropriate and factual.

Your vacation experience will suffer if "if you do them[Disney Scheduling] poorly or can't stick to it"

Your retort to an example of the party discovering they want to revisit a park was "kids are usually fine not getting exactly what they want the minute they want it"... if not spoiled children, I don't know what you'd be referring to if parents otherwise gave kids "exactly what they want the minute they want it"
That makes no sense. I was saying that children aren’t spoiled. They are able to deal with minor disappointments.

aaronml

According to someone that would most definitely be in the loop...FP+ is shooting for a return on July 3rd. The reason some are uncovered is because cast members are testing the system and maybe adding new things down the line.
It seems odd that they would launch on 7/3 but not have announced it yet, especially given how far in advance people typically book FP+. I hope you are correct though honestly, since that would mean that free FP isn’t completely dead :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom