FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleBuford

Once you redeem your initial set of FastPass+ selections (or the last arrival window has passed), you can make another FastPass+ selection for the same day at an in-park kiosk or using your mobile device, up to park closing. After you redeem the additional FastPass+ pick, you can make more selections (one at a time).

Again, there is nothing remotely strange or contrary to the workings of the system about getting FastPass after FastPass until the day's selection is entirely depleted.

G00fyDad

That’s not as far away of a comparison you know. Both are roundish, and both are edible.
Stop It And You GIF

flynnibus

Premium Member
Again, there is nothing remotely strange or contrary to the workings of the system about getting FastPass after FastPass until the day's selection is entirely depleted.​

Congratulations for defending a point no one questioned. Nobody questioned the right to get a 4th or more FP….

flynnibus

Premium Member
As happy? Of course not. But for me, it would still be valuable and a good tool to help reduce my time in line.

if i mark prices up 30% and then give you 25% off are you really gaining?

everyone loves the satisfaction of getting on a headliner in 5min… or avoiding a multiple hour line. But are you really getting more?

its best really for hitting highlights and ignoring the rest.

But its like DDP… if you are comparing to something you inflated… its not really a true representation of saving.

SteveAZee

everyone loves the satisfaction of getting on a headliner in 5min… or avoiding a multiple hour line. But are you really getting more?

But its like DDP… if you are comparing to something you inflated… its not really a true representation of saving.
I think 2.5%?

rreading

Let’s not forget comparing lines without fastpasses during the covid era and even now with still limited capacity can’t give us a true barometer for what it would be like with normal crowds without fastpasses.
To me that’s the critical issue. There are so many people in the parks that even on limited capacity days we have 30-40 minute waits for HM. Once they’re to full capacity, it’s likely to be ugly - unless they continue to use park reservations to limit capacity.

mikejs78

Premium Member

This really doesn't make any logical sense. I don't even know what your saying here and how it applies to FP. Especially since the time saved > any increase in the lines.

I showed how I could easily, even with just three FPs, save 90 minutes of waiting in line a day, and that's assuming that FP increases the standby lines for everything else. So yes, I much prefer the previous way of as many FPs a day as I can get, but having only 3 would still be very beneficial to me and preferable to nothing at all.

flynnibus

Premium Member
This really doesn't make any logical sense. I don't even know what your saying here and how it applies to FP. Especially since the time saved > any increase in the lines.

It does make sense - you need to be clear about what you are comparing to when you think you save. Are you comparing to the standby line in a FP+ world, or are you comparing to the wait you would have had in a pre-FP world. Are you comparing your time saved in aggregate, or only on a single attraction?

The DDP analogy is to highlight the significance of what the baseline really is. When Disney pumps the menu board prices up to make the DDP look like a better value... It's artificial 'savings' and if you compared it to a world where those inflated costs were not.. the conclusion differs.

There are two key points... the savings in one spot can be eaten up by losses elsewhere. This is why I said FP works best if you are just hitting headliners where you have FP.. because those scenarios are 'best case' where they get optimal wait times, but don't get burdened with increases elsewhere.

The person who 'only' uses FPs will always be better off if you ONLY compare time in lines. But is this really the prototypical consumer? Do people really only do 4-6 attractions and be happy that they did them when someone told them they could do them, and manipulated their day to fit that schedule? Or is reality people do more then that, and just gloss over those other attractions? And the reality is majority of full day guests are using both FP and non-FP lines.

The second point is FP does not increase capacity. So it is physically impossible for EVERYONE to gain from the system and do more with waiting less. You can gain a lot by moving people around to spread demand to reduce individual waits, but all you are doing is spreading load, and the customer has to be willing to do things when told, vs at their individual schedule. At the end of the day, every minute saved is at the cost of either someone else, or by shifting demand into a lower demand time or attraction. But that too reaches saturation... which is why on heavier crowd days the system is at more risk of just moving waits vs eliminating them.
I showed how I could easily, even with just three FPs, save 90 minutes of waiting in line a day, and that's assuming that FP increases the standby lines for everything else. So yes, I much prefer the previous way of as many FPs a day as I can get, but having only 3 would still be very beneficial to me and preferable to nothing at all.

Note, I didn't say people would compare FP+ to 'nothing at all', I specifically was highlighting FP+ as so desirable vs alternatives. The statement is because (IMO) FP+ in particular comes with a ton of baggage... vs even something much simpler like a MaxPass model (basically just digital FP).. or legacy FP which was more a deferred wait model.

People devolved into thinking this was a 'FP(something) vs no-FP' and that wasn't really what the statement was about. I think too often people compare the wrong things because simply that's the only comparison they have at their hands right now due to the constraints Disney puts them in. They can't choose between anything BUT FP+ and no-FP right now while living in a world where everyone around them is using FP+.

Fastpass in general leads to greater satisfaction because people avoid singular long waits and breaking up long singular waits into smaller more manageable waits. Psychologically people value reducing an hour wait to 10mins FAR more than they scorn a 5min wait becoming a 25min wait... because of wait tolerances. 20-25mins.. and the 'value' of an extra 10-15mins is not seen as huge... but if it were 10-15 MORE than what they were wanting to wait, those minutes are far more discouraging to people. This is all due to wait tolerances and the fact that people's willingness/reaction to wait times is not necessarily linear.

When you look at the WHOLE (not just one person) FP increases ride counts -only- when it successfully pushes demand into attractions with slack. Otherwise, people are simply using time doing something besides the attractions.

People love to evaluate FP solely on how it impacts themselves IN ISOLATION and usually fudge or gloss over the elements that would not suit them well. (like doing more attractions then they admit.. etc). People struggle to assess FP AS A WHOLE because most people only care about their individual experience and subconsciously have already adapted how they experience the parks to best fit the system and forget (or just never have known) the alternative.

The mental 'win' of skipping 45mins worth of a line will generally always outpace the mental 'cost' of adding 10 minutes to 4-5 other things you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom