Disney After Hours BOO BASH

dreday3

So the thing that matters is what people think when they’re paying whatever Disney asks? If they aren’t aware of the negative consequences for others it’s okay, but if they know their behavior will lead to price increases and don’t care, then they’re in the wrong?

That poster is fine with us buying the tickets, but wants us to admit our actions have consequences which are inherently selfish.
I think.

They fear MNSSHP will forever go away because of those of us who buy Boo Bash tickets this year.
Since we don't know that will happen, I don't feel the need to state that my act of buying Boo Bash tickets was inherently selfish.

Let's all check in next year to see if we all need to atone for our sins. At least this one. But...we're not going next year. So I'll atone another time. (I also don't believe in god, so I'll plant a tree?)

Last edited:

Chip Chipperson

A statement based largely on the idea that AH events run less frequently than the parties... and where is that trend headed? :)
No, the idea behind his posts was that the parties make more per night than DAH even at a lower price because they sell way more tickets. Go back and re-read the posts and you'll see.

Here's a crazy idea... you have seasonal entertainment, and you run the park longer hours because of the demand you built up. Crazy talk right? I mean who would think Disney could do that... I mean its not like Disneyland doesn't do it... err.. oh wait, they stopped that because they decided to monetize it instead due to the 'unprecedented demand'.

That wasn't going to happen no matter what. The only way this even works as an argument would be is we assume that Disney would cancel the DAH events due to low ticket sales. Once they made the decision to run these the only 2 options for the consumer are to go or not go. Getting angry at those who choose to go is irrational because they didn't cause the events to be held.

No, what was being called selfish is when people ignore consequences to others or when they blame the game.

Again, there are no consequences to anyone else - unless those people tried to get tickets but the event was sold out (and even then the person complaining would be more selfish in expecting others to nit attend to improve their own odds). The reason there are no consequences is because the DAH events are being held regardless of whether any of us line it or not and the odds of them permanently replacing the parties are incredibly small.

No, it's calling a spade a spade. People want to act like there is only one thing that matters... well wear it proud.

I'm not sure who is acting like only 1 thing matters - or what that 1 thing is supposed to be, honestly. I'm not attending the Boo Bash as I won't be in FL when it runs and I likely won't attend the Christmas version during my December trip after today's news of capacity increases unless it turns out that capacity is still very very low - but I'm not mad at the people going.

Chip Chipperson

Apples and oranges. An across the board price increase is something you decide if you need to go at all. Not the same thing as when product A is swapped for product B.

But to your specific point, I've already adjusted my Disney spend because yes, I feel they are over charging vs what they are offering. Which is why majority of our Disney trips in the last decade were cruises, not WDW stays.

But nobody NEEDS to go to the parks OR attend a party or DAH.

mf1972

D33865C5-E820-48A4-AC3E-43BFE07E7919.jpeg

Dan Deesnee

The basic logic that the more consumers support what is generally accepted to be a high price the more likely those prices are to continue rising is pretty sound.

However, that doesn't mean that anyone should be attacked or berated for supporting those high prices. High prices are relative after all.

dreday3

The basic logic that the more consumers support what is generally accepted to be a high price the more likely those prices are to continue rising is pretty sound.

However, that doesn't mean that anyone should be attacked or berated for supporting those high prices. High prices are relative after all.

I'm sure we all actually know what the poster meant. I think some disagreed with the idea it was selfish.

Disstevefan1

I’m ****ed that all you people are killing my chances of ever attending a MNSSHP and MVMCP again. You are cheapening the experience for the rest of us. That’s why I’m upset. I don’t understand why you seem incapable of understanding this.
You don't have to worry that anyone on these boards will affect a change in what TWDC does in any way. Disney will make what they think are the best decisions for their shareholders at any moment. Their theme parks are just a part of the business. The guest experience in the theme parks is way down the list. It's nothing personal, it's just business.

I know many folks think some things Disney does at their theme parks seems short sighted with the aim to get the quick buck and they should think more long term. Enter COVID. Everyone (including TWDC) was blindsided by the pandemic; and not only did TWDC survive the pandemic, the pandemic may be the best thing to happen to the theme parks for the company and its shareholders. For their theme park guests, not so much, but then again, the theme park guests are not high on the list of priorities for the company.

Last edited:

dreday3

I have a real hard time understanding how a guest who visited Disney World in, say, 1995 and remembers the value/price balance back then doesn't feel like they are being insultingly ripped off right now. That goes triple when it comes to after hours events.

Do you mean practically everyone that posts on these boards? (at least over the age of 40-ish)
Especially the ones that decry Disney the most, call others fools, yet probably go more than most of us?

Everyone is an addict. Or else why would we keep posting here. :)

Disstevefan1

Do you mean practically everyone that posts on these boards? (at least over the age of 40-ish)
Especially the ones that decry Disney the most, call others fools, yet probably go more than most of us?

Everyone is an addict. Or else why would they keep posting here. :)
I quit WDW cold turkey December 2019. 559 days clean. Reading these boards helps with the withdrawal 😎

fbb

I have a real hard time understanding how a guest who visited Disney World in, say, 1995 and remembers the value/price balance back then doesn't feel like they are being insultingly ripped off right now. That goes triple when it comes to after hours events.
Yep, these prices suck.

But I did not consider until now that purchasing my vacation in 1995 was a selfish act that cheapened the experience for guests thereafter.

On the other hand, I never went to River Country. My selfless sacrifice strengthened the value proposition of that water park for guests thereafter.

Disstevefan1

September 2018 for me. So that’s why it’s funny people assume I’m some pixie dust snorter shoveling my money down Disney’s gullet. 🤣. I’m going all out after the last few fecal matter years.
I don't know the numbers but you are probably more the norm than the 3 trips a year family.

Casper Gutman

Yep, these prices suck.

But I did not consider until now that purchasing my vacation in 1995 was a selfish act that cheapened the experience for guests thereafter.

On the other hand, I never went to River Country. My selfless sacrifice strengthened the value proposition of that water park for guests thereafter.
I mean, you realize that the prices suck because people keep paying them, right? That service has declined, great attractions have been removed, and the overall experience has been cheapened because people keep paying, right?

People are on this board because they love Disney. Some folks - a lot around here, I suspect - feel that the current Disney World experience is a shambling shadow of its previous greatness. It shouldn't be surprising that some of those folks can be grumpy about people they perceive to be enabling the executives who are tearing apart the thing they love - and that they don't have a lot of sympathy when people paying absurd amounts to a company that has taken advantage of guests over and over and over again get taken advantage of.

dreday3

I mean, you realize that the prices suck because people keep paying them, right? That service has declined, great attractions have been removed, and the overall experience has been cheapened because people keep paying, right?

People are on this board because they love Disney. Some folks - a lot around here, I suspect - feel that the current Disney World experience is a shambling shadow of its previous greatness. It shouldn't be surprising that some of those folks can be grumpy about people they perceive to be enabling the executives who are tearing apart the thing they love - and that they don't have a lot of sympathy when people paying absurd amounts to a company that has taken advantage of guests over and over and over again get taken advantage of.

I'm asking sincerely - unless these people who are upset aren't going to or supporting Disney at all (going on cruises doesn't count), aren't they just as guilty as those who are "enabling the executives tearing apart the thing they love"?

If you (general you) are still visiting any Disney destinations in any way, shape or form, spare me the lecture on my contribution to the demise of Disney. You are just as guilty as me. :)

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I suspect people were afraid their dates would sell out if they waited a week. Many of the dates did sell out. I also suspect the willingness to pay for this event is impacted by pent-up desire for vacations post-COVID as well as a feeling that the truncated nature of this event is directly related to COVID.

That poster is fine with us buying the tickets, but wants us to admit our actions have consequences which are inherently selfish.
I think.

They fear MNSSHP will forever go away because of those of us who buy Boo Bash tickets this year.
Since we don't know that will happen, I don't feel the need to state that my act of buying Boo Bash tickets was inherently selfish.

Let's all check in next year to see if we all need to atone for our sins. At least this one. But...we're not going next year. So I'll atone another time. (I also don't believe in god, so I'll plant a tree?)
First…i’m
Not entirely sure I disagree with either of you…

second, none of what you say negates any of the counterpoints being offered…in fact I think it reinforces them.

third, what a tough world we live in, eh?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

…end of thread…pretty much

(but I don’t expect that…of course)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom