Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

RoyalFool

So yeah, this exists now. I would love the actual Cars land to come here one day though.

This looks worse than I imagined, at least the old movie sets were interesting (if outdated). They moved some props from the other side of the park and painted a few things in what I presume is meant to keep visitors entertained until marvel area is reopened, which is again mostly rethemed old rides and restaurants.

All I presume to save money for the starwars e-ticket we are no longer getting.

Sir_Cliff

Honestly, for what it is (keeping the Canyon and something to do) it isn’t that bad

what were you guys expecting? We knew what it was going to be from the start. I love the Route 66 theming, the station looks good and the ride serves its purpose.

Id rather this than no canyon.
I agree. For a relatively light redressing of one of Disney's worst ever attractions it's fine. Not good, but it honestly doesn't seem worse than the previous tram tour with its thrilling tour through the sets of... Dinotopia?

Indy_UK

People are going to say I’m insane but I’m more excited about visiting this resort than the land being built. Maybe even going to visit Galaxy’s edge next year. It’s oozes premium to me but I’ve never stayed at a Disney hotel before while at DLP

cjkeating

People are going to say I’m insane but I’m more excited about visiting this resort than the land being built. Maybe even going to visit Galaxy’s edge next year. It’s oozes premium to me but I’ve never stayed at a Disney hotel before while at DLP
Each DLP hotel refurbishment has got more ambitious and more extensive. Whilst I am not a huge Marvel fan the quality of this hotel refurbishment is very impressive and I do even like the style they have gone with. Whilst I am pensive about the DLH refurbishment this gives me confidence it is going to be of exceptionally high quality even if I am ambivalent to the princess theme.

Poseidon Quest

what were you guys expecting? We knew what it was going to be from the start. I love the Route 66 theming, the station looks good and the ride serves its purpose.

To quote someone from a different ride-through video I saw:

"This literally looks homemade. Take away the canyon, and someone could build this on their farmland and drive people around on a tractor and have the same experience."

Dunston

0% would've been for a Wakanda pavilion in World Showcase.
Well it's a relief they had the sense to not do that. The Wakanda miniland in the Disneyland Forward proposal was shaped just like it would fit into one of the empty lots on World Showcase, and all the other attractions on that mockup were just ripped straight from existing or planned/under construction lands.

J4546

Having GotG in Epcot is already a stretch for a lot of people (though im all for it) but having one of the few remaining land pavilion expansions dedicated to a made up land would have been not great.

Indy_UK

Im actually so mega pumped for Hotel New York: Art of Marvel. Actually think it could become one of my favourite resorts.

I think we've bagged a good deal in January for 3 nights. 2 adults and 1 child in an Empire Lake view room, 4 days of park tickets and breakfast included for £1,400. I didn't think that was too bad. hotels.com and other sites were showing £2K+ for the same package so not sure if its a mistake

I know the weather is cool, but where they've been closed for so long, I wouldn't expect too much to close in January.
Just a follow up question I don’t know if someone can answer.

My hotel package shows on the app for January but when I look at tickets on the app, my included tickets do not show?

Would that be because I haven’t fully paid off the holiday yet? Or because they don’t show until nearer the time? Only because I have no clue when I am meant to book park passes.

Also with the included breakfasts, will I still need to book to eat at them or because it’s a package, I won’t need to?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom