Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

Indy_UK

Im actually so mega pumped for Hotel New York: Art of Marvel. Actually think it could become one of my favourite resorts.

I think we've bagged a good deal in January for 3 nights. 2 adults and 1 child in an Empire Lake view room, 4 days of park tickets and breakfast included for £1,400. I didn't think that was too bad. hotels.com and other sites were showing £2K+ for the same package so not sure if its a mistake

I know the weather is cool, but where they've been closed for so long, I wouldn't expect too much to close in January.

Den Carter

Im actually so mega pumped for Hotel New York: Art of Marvel. Actually think it could become one of my favourite resorts.

I think we've bagged a good deal in January for 3 nights. 2 adults and 1 child in an Empire Lake view room, 4 days of park tickets and breakfast included for £1,400. I didn't think that was too bad. hotels.com and other sites were showing £2K+ for the same package so not sure if its a mistake

I know the weather is cool, but where they've been closed for so long, I wouldn't expect too much to close in January.
As long as you have some epic thermals, January is a great time to visit DLP. The low crowds (especially on weekdays) are welcome, and the park looks so stunning in the winter sun. But yes, pack as if you're heading skiing!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

I’d say that’s a good deal.

LondonTom

I’ve just seen the rack rates for it
😂 😂 😂

Yeah I don't think I am going be staying there as much I did in the old Hotel New York!

Thats not bad at all :) I was paying around £800 for the standard and terrace rooms on the AP room only rate before it was Marvel for like 4/5 night stays.

January is brilliant! I've been a few times, then its cold but the weather hasn't luckily ever been that bad? (Mostly dry too !) but yes bring the thermals! Make sure you have gloves for Big Thunder, the cold air bites into you on that but you will get so much done!

TiggerDad

Ah that looks better than the other shots. (Though I am still confused by the idea of this with it being on ground floor? Unless they have moved but from other images/video it looks to be in the same place just off reception?)
Since you can't see the Empire State Building or the Avengers tower from Paris, I'm assuming the windows are not actual windows but will be projection screens. Kind of like at the Star Wars Hotel that isn't a Hotel and isn't in space.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Since you can't see the Empire State Building or the Avengers tower from Paris, I'm assuming the windows are not actual windows but will be projection screens. Kind of like at the Star Wars Hotel that isn't a Hotel and isn't in space.
I think @LondonTom's question is more on the bar's actual location within the hotel itself. Is it located on the hotel's ground floor, or on another floor entirely? It wouldn't make sense to show a skyline of New York that's clearly shot from several stories up in a bar that's located on the ground floor unless it's a screen painting (think new PM portraits), backlit mural, or something similar.

LondonTom

^^ Precisely!.

My point was less it being in actual New York and more to do with bar's location in the hotel not making sense to give a high up view. 😂

Just had a thought, and I doubt they have done it just for a bar, but some sort of fake elevator/Hydrolator type thing to enter would be cool?

Last edited:

Den Carter

I think @LondonTom's question is more on the bar's actual location within the hotel itself. Is it located on the hotel's ground floor, or on another floor entirely? It wouldn't make sense to show a skyline of New York that's clearly shot from several stories up in a bar that's located on the ground floor unless it's a screen painting (think new PM portraits), backlit mural, or something similar.

Fake elevator, like Phantom Manor/Haunted Manor, the new Space 220 at Epcot or the transport vessel in Rise?

G.L.A.D.I.O

New Iron Man coaster visuals from @GangSequoia :
e3jmjv10.jpg
03601010.jpg

G.L.A.D.I.O

Looks like a car service turned homeless canteen over night...temporary pandemic shelter atmosphere.
Will it also smell like mineral oils inside for the full experience?
Please do not judge the project on visuals that are more than 3 years old and that were only visual tests. They have since revised the project with a larger budget, including a total re-roofing and expansion of the restaurant. The design of the tables and chairs will obviously not be the same, the Hulkbuster will still be in the center of the restaurant but it will also be accompanied by other Iron Man armors, we will have a corner with the different hammers of Thor and the different shields of Captain America, in short a real armory worthy of the Avengers. This should only give you a taste of what we're going to have and that's all.

The Grand Inquisitor

Please do not judge the project on visuals that are more than 3 years old and that were only visual tests. They have since revised the project with a larger budget, including a total re-roofing and expansion of the restaurant. The design of the tables and chairs will obviously not be the same, the Hulkbuster will still be in the center of the restaurant but it will also be accompanied by other Iron Man armors, we will have a corner with the different hammers of Thor and the different shields of Captain America, in short a real armory worthy of the Avengers. This should only give you a taste of what we're going to have and that's all.
I have a quick question should we expect any AA's on the Iron Man coaster, Web Slingers, or the Avengers ride?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom