FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

dovetail65

This is absolutely what I'm expecting. So if FP+ doesn't return, and you're an off site guest, your only options will be spend an inordinate amount of time in line, or spend an inordinate amount of money to not stand in line.
I would not take that article as gospel. I want FP back too, but you need look at what they did and then think what you can I do to get around it outside of their comparisons criteria for the article, a couple things come to mind actually. They were comparing their plans in a certain way based on historical data. People need use that site as a basis not gospel. I have been at touringlans since inception and many times other methods of approaching the parks on particular days is much better than what they advise in general.

Then take when where and how they did the test, the article is Feb, 2021.

Both plans had the same 13 attractions, plus time out for lunch. The On-Site plan started at 8:30 AM to simulate a guest taking advantage of Early Theme Park Entry; the Off-Site plan started at 9 AM to simulate an off-site guest starting at official park opening. Both plans were re-optimized throughout the day using our Lines app and up-to-the-minute wait times in the Magic Kingdom.

It's a simulation in Feb 2021 and just not an accurate way to make any kind of generalization for when the parks open up to 100% and sooner or later that will happen. Even if what they said is true it only holds true for that day at at that park. I just don't see the early in for resort guests effecting the parks as much as many fear.

Yes, bring FP back, I Liked it as it was. I will say if your fear holds true maybe those FP Haters will actually see it's benefit. I have faith Disney is not going to implement something that creates an extra 2 hours of waits for everyone else.

plawren2

You are not their target customer because you are financially responsible. They target people willing to go into ridiculous credit card debt to pay for their "vacation of a lifetime" and deal with the consequences later. I'd actually be interested to know what percentage of the "once in a lifetime" WDW guests files for bankruptcy protection within two years of their trip.

That's why it has been impossible to control crowds (pre-COVID) by raising prices to astronomical levels. There is a segment of the population that will pay anything for a trip to WDW, even if it means going into unsustainable debt.
you make plenty of assumptions here, you have no idea as to how people are paying for the WDW trip and whether some % are doing so by going into debt, and you also have no way of knowing WDW is intentionally target such people. My guess is that you might be surprised at the ability to pay, and you would have no idea by looking at those at WDW to know how they can afford.

plawren2

I know there are no specifics out there yet but is the option of keeping the original 3 free FP’s for resort guests & then charging for ability to book more afterwards on the table? Also paying up ahead of time for more. So on & so forth… Probably a pipe dream but seems like a good way to keep everyone happy once they roll things out.
no one on here knows what any specifics are-its all speculation

Disney Glimpses

I still stand by the statement that they are not going to reduce inventory by much from FP+ to make as much money as possible on it.

Also, right now as we speak, there is not a single perk to staying on site. Seriously, not one.

I would be very shocked if there is not a limited free tier for some or all resort guests. Cannot compare it to DLR; WDW has 28 resorts. That's a lot of rooms to fill and there needs to be a reason for guests to stay there at the rates they are charging.

spaldingclan

I still stand by the statement that they are not going to reduce inventory by much from FP+ to make as much money as possible on it.

Also, right now as we speak, there is not a single perk to staying on site. Seriously, not one.

I would be very shocked if there is not a limited free tier for some or all resort guests. Cannot compare it to DLR; WDW has 28 resorts. That's a lot of rooms to fill and there needs to be a reason for guests to stay there at the rates they are charging.
no perks? well I'd say the actually stay I hae planned at the Poly is a perk (better than some offsite place)

Jrb1979

Early entry is a perk. What if they gave onsite guests 1 FP per day. Would that be good enough?

Disney Glimpses

Early entry is a perk. What if they gave onsite guests 1 FP per day. Would that be good enough?
Early Theme Park Entry hasn't started yet. If it has, it has unofficially.

1 FP per person per day is my guess as well. But I'm not convinced that will be enough for many to persuade them to stay on property.

*Park Pass system has entered the chat*

nickys

Premium Member
Early entry for resort guests hasn’t started yet.

The only one I can think of right now is being able to book dining for the length of your stay (up to 10 days).

aaronml

To be fair, isn’t transportation still a perk? It’s hard to beat the convenience of Disney transportation…. The fact that the Swan / Dolphin no longer uses the Disney Bus system makes me significantly less likely to stay there.

I’m not saying that should be the only perk, and I’m pretty upset about the perks that Disney is getting rid of, but Disney transportation is definitely a solid benefit, at least IMO.

Disney Glimpses

To be fair, isn’t transportation still a perk? It’s hard to beat the convenience of Disney transportation…. The fact that the Swan / Dolphin no longer uses the Disney Bus system makes me significantly less likely to stay there.

I’m not saying that should be the only perk, and I’m pretty upset about the perks that Disney is getting rid of, but Disney transportation is definitely a solid benefit, at least IMO.
Depends on your opinion of the current state of WDW transportation 😂

UNCgolf

I guess we'll agree to disagree

It's not really an agree to disagree thing. You're talking about a perk as in something that makes you like a specific resort; they're talking about perks in terms of something Disney is actually offering. Disney is not offering any perks for on-site guests at the moment.

The location of many Disney resorts is absolutely a benefit, but it's not a perk Disney is offering to on-site guests.

Disney Glimpses

I guess we'll agree to disagree
I don't think we disagree though. I'm not saying there isn't a reason to stay on property. I still think it's worth staying on property for the reasons you mentioned (I like the resorts a lot and the proximity is worth something). I am talking about historical theme park perks associated with staying at one of their resorts. Right now, there aren't any. That's all.

dsinclair

You pay an exorbitant amount of money for that. It's not a perk. A perk is a special right due to some affiliation. As I said, there are no theme park perks offered to resort guests right now.
There is an inherent benefit to staying at Poly, GF, and Contemporary based on their proximity to the Magic Kingdom and being on the monorail to access Epcot. If you don't want to call this a perk, ok, whatever, but you're splitting hairs. But it's something you do not get by staying off property or at a less expensive Disney property that many find worth the expense to get that benefit (perk).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom