FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goofyernmost

Who judges whether something is “fiscally irresponsible” though?

Does irresponsible simply mean “without thinking”? In which case you could end up with two people coming to the same decision, one of them thinking about it carefully and the other not doing so. But ne is a responsible decision and the other is not.

Or is it the actual decision that is irresponsible? In which case how someone reaches that decision is neither here nor there.

@Sirwalterraleigh apparently decided that my reasoning was an understandable one. And yet someone else who appears to have decided much the same thing was not given the same “approval”. The other person gave less reasoning in their answer but that in itself doesn’t mean they didn’t think about it.

Now how can two people taking the same action possibly impact people differently, simply because one allegedly thought about it more carefully? That doesn’t make any sense. And yet that seems to be what you’re suggesting.
Fiscal irresponsible can be defined as spending money you don't have, on something you don't need without any guarantee that you will be able to pay it off at a later date. I know a person locally that is a very nice hard working person, she's a single mom and works at a fast food location and has been there for 12 years. She is always short of cash but then went out and got a DMX tattoo that covered one side of her forearm. She didn't personally know DMX, she never met him or attended and concerts, she was just a fan. I'm not up on the cost of tattoos but this one was in full color, at least 2 to 3 inches high and at least 8 inches long. Complete ink, no open spots. It was very well done so it couldn't have been cheap. So here she is with a 14 year old daughter, a single mom working at a chicken joint and spent that kind of cash. She also dumps a lot of money on just about all the lottery options in the state per week. Those are just minor irresponsibilities whereas borrowing money to go to WDW under those circumstances would easily be judged as not the best choice to make.

GaBoy

Fiscal irresponsible can be defined as spending money you don't have, on something you don't need without any guarantee that you will be able to pay it off at a later date. I know a person locally that is a very nice hard working person, she's a single mom and works at a fast food location and has been there for 12 years. She is always short of cash but then went out and got a DMX tattoo that covered one side of her forearm. She didn't personally know DMX, she never met him or attended and concerts, she was just a fan. I'm not up on the cost of tattoos but this one was in full color, at least 2 to 3 inches high and at least 8 inches long. Complete ink, no open spots. It was very well done so it couldn't have been cheap. So here she is with a 14 year old daughter, a single mom working at a chicken joint and spent that kind of cash. She also dumps a lot of money on just about all the lottery options in the state per week. Those are just minor irresponsibilities whereas borrowing money to go to WDW under those circumstances would easily be judged as not the best choice to make.
Solid example.

Last edited:

Fido Chuckwagon

Has anyone who previously wanted FP+ gone changed their minds in light of what’s being discussed as a possible replacement? I’ve noticed a shift in the tone of this thread, which began on a much more celebratory and optimistic note.
Yeah, I mean I'm one of those people. Back when it was "DW is adopting something like maxpass" where there's still a free version and the paid version is like $40 more per person per day or whatever, I wasn't thrilled, but I was ok with it. What's being discussed now is ludicrous. I definitely would stop going to WDW.

Fido Chuckwagon

When I go to Cedar Point which is usually 5 or 6 times a year I buy Fastlane every time. It usually runs upwards of $120 a day.
Yes but I bet those are **day** trips. Whereas people stay at WDW resort for a week at a time, often more then once a year. It's not comparable.

Fido Chuckwagon

Honestly they are just catching up to the rest of the parks out there. Covid just gave them the excuse to do so. The biggest thing for me is how many continue to accept it.
How many other parks out there have people staying at them for week plus trips and have tons of owner-operated hotels they need to fill? I'd bet the answer to that is basically zero. They are going to ultimately kill their business model here.

Peter Venkman

I see multiple people saying if they do buy paid fastpasses they would only get it for a couple of days of their trip, but wouldn't it be just like disney to make it a rule that if your buying a Disney package and you want to purchase fastpass, than you and every member of your party has to buy paid fast passes every ticketed day of your trip (similar to what they did with the dining plan)

MurphyJoe

I see multiple people saying if they do buy paid fastpasses they would only get it for a couple of days of their trip, but wouldn't it be just like disney to make it a rule that if your buying a Disney package and you want to purchase fastpass, than you and every member of your party has to buy paid fast passes every ticketed day of your trip (similar to what they did with the dining plan)

They could, but no other Disney park requires length of ticket purchase for their FPish offering.

GaBoy

Agree. The "loophole" team in marketing is probably working that now.

Jrb1979

Yes but I bet those are **day** trips. Whereas people stay at WDW resort for a week at a time, often more then once a year. It's not comparable.
You would be wrong there. I live far enough away from Cedar Point that when I go it's for 4 or 5:days at a time.

I think what the issue seems to be is many are afraid to be priced out of Disney.

Jedijax719

Certainly the stake holders and board and planners at Disney aren't in agreement at the meetings to "price out the middle class". I cannot imagine it's something they are shooting for. Likewise, I imagine there are at least several in each of those meetings saying "we can't actually do 'this or that' or eventually revenue will sink lower.

Gradual increases are expected. Sudden massive hikes leading to the same pre-covid vaccations rising 30%-100% seems inconceivable to most people.

MurphyJoe

You would be wrong there. I live far enough away from Cedar Point that when I go it's for 4 or 5:days at a time.

I think what the issue seems to be is many are afraid to be priced out of Disney.

How I'm reading much of what's posted here is that people aren't afraid of being priced out; they're afraid they'll have to change their touring style and don't want to (or can't afford to) pay for an option that allows them to do what they're used to (and the new system isn't even known to the public yet so it's being based on hearsay). In many cases it's reminding me of the sky is falling posts when FP changed to FP+. The people who figured out how to work the system to their advantage aren't realizing the FP system couldn't support everyone working it the same way. If people tried, they wouldn't have gotten the benefit they did from it.

nickys

Premium Member
The hints from insiders seem to suggest the system will be similar to the Shanghai Access+ (which is also used at DLP in hybrid with the original paper FP system). That doesn’t require it to be bought for every day of a ticket. It simply doesn’t work with that model, because there are different options as to what ride(s) you buy them for.

dovetail65

I am out adn not arguing, we all like Dinsy

Happy tluly o debate but I can’t if your replies don’t make any sense to me.

All I could take from it was that if I opt to pay for the FPs then eventually I’ll change my mind.

Thing is I won’t be back 4 times a year or even once a year. If I was going that often then I wouldn’t pay for it except occasionally. And even with our next trip I said I’d only pay for certain parks and for specific rides / bundles. We’ll include that in the budget for the vacation. I suspect the family mightFp
I think this point make a ton of sense. People that go one time might be happy to pay a lot for FP. People that go more, like me, are most likely not going to appreciate paida FP option. Imagine me with 6 kids, that 8 times 89 a day per person using universal Express option. We found buying Universal AP for all 8 of us and getting the after 4 express with the AP made a heck of a lot more sense. For us more days more than made up for Express all day long.

Any thoughts on Disney Directly hiking AP costs again due to a paid FP Option?

It's just conjecture of course, but for someone that goes to Disney enough days to warrant an AP now, as soon as a paid FP is in the mix(like me having to add 89 a day for 8 people) going to an AP at current price plus the possible new added FP cost AP might make even more sense. OF course that for people that can take longer trips or go more than one time a year. I get the impression Disney believe these type repeat vacationers make them less money.

Last edited:

Jedijax719

Well I'm pretty okay with WDW adopting some kind of hybrid of Shanghai and DL's "max pass" or "access plus". Of course it will differ depending on the time of year, but both of these options give guests more of a choice than a lump sum cash drop like Universal. Gotta keep in mind that Disney is Disney and Universal is Universal, meaning that Disney (we hope) will adopt a format from their own company and not another. As many have said, Disney guests are more likely to stay for several days than Universal guests.

Also, while not free, I would predict that guests of Disney resorts (especially the deluxe ones) will get a break on whatever the price is for others. They have to have some sort of perk for staying on site other than proximity. Right now, there isn't. But also, right now, not all resorts are even open and those that are have limited capacity. That will change within a year for sure.

But all in all, this summer seems to be the prime time to announce their plan.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Wait times are starting to creep up with the increased capacity. I suspect that's going to start to impact guest satisfaction. I would expect that they'll announce whatever they are planning to announce in regards to a line skipping scenario soon. (Just a prediction, no inside info.)

gmajew

Premium Member
I will be honest I pay for it when I go to Universal. I do so because I go to the park one day and I want to hit every ride in both park and be done. So to me it is well worth it As Disney gets the rest of my 9 days.

If Disney did this I would consider a day out of my trip but then be less likely to spend the whole week in parks. May spend a few extra by pool.

Fido Chuckwagon

I don't know, I know a lot of people like me who go to Disney multiple times per year. Doubling the cost of the trip wouldn't "price us out" since if we can afford multiple times a year we could obviously afford half that many times at double the cost. But the value diminshment would just be way to much relative to every other kind of vacation that is available. I mean you could take the kids on a grand tour of Europe at nice hotels and pay for the flights and food and entertainment for weeks at the price point being discussed for Disney’s fastpass plus park tickets plus a deluxe hotel stay for one week. That’s ludicrous.

Chi84

Premium Member
I know all those words are in English but they might as well be Polish.

I assume it made sense to you when you were thinking about it but I think something got lost in translation. So I am none the wiser what you’re trying to say.
A better explanation than dragging Polish into this 😂

nickys

Premium Member
A better explanation than dragging Polish into this 😂
I didn’t mean to offend, honestly.

But as good as that article is, it’s not actually what I meant. It was as if every other phrase that he meant to write were missing, so that I couldn’t actually follow what he was trying to say. Not so much embellishing his argument as missing out half the words and abandoning any sentence structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom