FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

G00fyDad

Well right or wrong he is allowed to gripe, Disney may not care about his feelings, but this is a forum and a thread about Fast pass, so if not here, where? I agree with him and I agree with you. Even if I didn't agree I am interested in what you both think, even if Disney may not or I wouldn't be here reading the posts.

Sometime we come to these forums if for nothing more to find if there is anyone else that thinks the way we do. One thing we all have in common is that we like Disney.

At what point did I say he was not allowed to gripe?

GaBoy

And unless you can convince millions and millions and millions of others to think exactly the way you do and not take part and paid fast passes then all you're doing is griping on an internet forum. All that's going to happen is you're going to go to Disney and have to do what everyone else does or skip fast passes. Disney's going to do what they want to do regardless of how we feel about it. Disney is more about taking as much of your money as they possibly can without regard to what you think about it. You want an example? They're charging for parking at the resorts now. Because some hotels in the Disney area, across the planet for that matter, charge for parking at their hotels Disney's decided that they should too. There was no other reason to suddenly change this policy and start charging for this other than a money grab. Charging people for parking doesn't solve any problem. Disney doesn't care about your feelings and they don't care about whether you or I go or don't go. They know that millions and millions and millions of people will go and buy fast passes.
I totally agree. Just griping on an internet forum :)

LittleBuford

did you really like being forced to pick fps weeks in advance? Or was it you just lije magicbands and no fp pickups?
I liked everything about it. Selecting advance FastPasses appealed to me as someone who loves to plan, and securing a succession of day-of FastPasses kept me out of queues once I was in the parks. For me, there were no downsides at all.

dovetail65

I liked everything about it. Selecting advance FastPasses appealed to me as someone who loves to plan, and securing a succession of day-of FastPasses kept me out of queues. For me, there were no downsides at all.
Planning for some of us is fun really. Even with no FP I believe our trips are better because I plan, time of year now is most important.

I will say this, I could never get Flight of Passage with FP. The one time I get one guess where I was?

I was in the Que of Fop about to get on!

So we get on, got off and went right back on. 30 days out until a week after the trip I still couldn't get an FP FOP Again.

Last edited:

LittleBuford

I will say this I could never get Flight of Passage with FP. The one time I got it, guess where I was?

I was in the Que of Fop about to get on!

So we get on, got off and went right back on. 30 days out until a week after the trip I still couldn't get an FP FOP Again.
I think many people thought that their only chance to get the most coveted FastPasses was weeks in advance, not realising that Disney also releases a smaller number of these FastPasses on the day itself (sometimes at predictable times). I too managed to get FastPasses for FoP while in Animal Kingdom by refreshing the app at the right time.

disneyfreak0710

The only change I have made is to simply not book my trip yet because I'm waiting to find out what they're doing for fastpass. If they charge too much for it then we will be staying off site and saving money instead of staying on property. Charging too much for it is a hard pass for me. If they bring it back just as it was before or charge a small amount for it then we'll stay on property. The only reason that I'm contemplating staying on property for this trip is so that we can book fast passes 60 days out. That's it. For us there's really no other reason to stay on property.

Agree. Off site is far better accommodations. However, the Early Morning Entry is going to be a big perk now, especially if we lose FP+, since off-site you'll lose the ability to rope drop.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I hate pre-planning FP. It's why I like the Uni version better. Decide to go on a ride - well, then I just use the Express Pass entrance. If Disney is going to start charging for a similar (maybe not similar) type of experience, I hope they take the "ride planning" out of the experience. Committing to a time to eat - weeks in advance - is about enough for me to deal with while on vacation.

MickeyLuv'r

They're charging for parking at the resorts now. Because some hotels in the Disney area, across the planet for that matter, charge for parking at their hotels Disney's decided that they should too. There was no other reason to suddenly change this policy and start charging for this other than a money grab. Charging people for parking doesn't solve any problem. Disney doesn't care about your feelings and they don't care about whether you or I go or don't go. They know that millions and millions and millions of people will go and buy fast passes.
That's not entirely the only reason for WDW to change their pricing structures.

Some time back, WDW used to offer inexpensive stroller rentals, and many people rented them. The rental strollers were big, and very sturdy. Unfortunately, they also ate up a good deal of space when people parked them in the parks.

Since they were inexpensive, many families formed a stroller-rental-habit. As in, even though their children had generally aged out of using strollers (outside of WDW), they continued to rent them every time they went to WDW. When asked on these forums, they insisted their children NEEDED a stroller.

Then WDW raised the price of their stroller rentals. Forum members were furious! They NEEDED a stroller at WDW!

And they could have bought a stroller to use at WDW, except they didn't. Against all odds, most children managed to adapt!

Sometimes a new fee is just WDW's way of nudging customer behavior. A parking fee helps to keep people onsite, reduces traffic, etc. Maintaining WDW's roads isn't free.

G00fyDad

Sometimes a new fee is just WDW's way of nudging customer behavior. A parking fee helps to keep people onsite, reduces traffic, etc. Maintaining WDW's roads isn't free.

They can call it what they want and they can use any justification they want. If they sell it well enough people will buy into it. At the end of the day it's just another way for Disney to get money.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Who judges whether something is “fiscally irresponsible” though?

Does irresponsible simply mean “without thinking”? In which case you could end up with two people coming to the same decision, one of them thinking about it carefully and the other not doing so. But ne is a responsible decision and the other is not.

Or is it the actual decision that is irresponsible? In which case how someone reaches that decision is neither here nor there.

@Sirwalterraleigh apparently decided that my reasoning was an understandable one. And yet someone else who appears to have decided much the same thing was not given the same “approval”. The other person gave less reasoning in their answer but that in itself doesn’t mean they didn’t think about it.

Now how can two people taking the same action possibly impact people differently, simply because one allegedly thought about it more carefully? That doesn’t make any sense. And yet that seems to be what you’re suggesting.

I thought we were discussing people’s decisions to pay for or not pay for Fp+ Not Disney’s decision to introduce them.

And for that second statement, I agree. But @Sirwalterraleigh appeared to be doing just that. But arbitrarily. And you appeared to be supporting him in his assertion. Which is what I was responding to.
I’d have to ask @Sirwalterraleigh...

but I bet she’d say that the concept is that “it’s worth it to me” or “it’s what I WANT TO DO” is used by a certain conglomerate to steer every fish in a 20,000,000 fish sea one direction...mostly unbeknownst to them. If...there is not pause/occasion valuation.

its a mass spot...there are no “individuals”...but a quaint concept to believe it so.

so spend...buy...enjoy. But if you (everyone) doesn’t stop and take a look at it - What am I buying? Then you’ll get to the same spot everyone has before you.
Is what a responsible customer has to ask. Then go ahead. There have been some huge examples of how the people “self defeat” themselves with their money. I gave you one...many others with the bad managers now.

this is a “bully” relationship. You have to punch the bully to keep him honest at times. They should fear raising the prices on you. They don’t. There’s no end point until that balance is restored...

...but you’d have to ask her 😎

Last edited:

MickeyLuv'r

They can call it what they want and they can use any justification they want. If they sell it well enough people will buy into it. At the end of the day it's just another way for Disney to get money.
Huh?

You said charging more at WDW is only ever a money grab, and there was 'no other reason' for it.

Raising the price of a stroller changed customer behavior. It dramatically reduced the number of strollers in the park. That's not opinion, it is fact.

When WDW raised the price, people stopped renting. WDW made less $ off stroller rentals, not more.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That's not entirely the only reason for WDW to change their pricing structures.

Some time back, WDW used to offer inexpensive stroller rentals, and many people rented them. The rental strollers were big, and very sturdy. Unfortunately, they also ate up a good deal of space when people parked them in the parks.

Since they were inexpensive, many families formed a stroller-rental-habit. As in, even though their children had generally aged out of using strollers (outside of WDW), they continued to rent them every time they went to WDW. When asked on these forums, they insisted their children NEEDED a stroller.

Then WDW raised the price of their stroller rentals. Forum members were furious! They NEEDED a stroller at WDW!

And they could have bought a stroller to use at WDW, except they didn't. Against all odds, most children managed to adapt!

That’s a good example...

but not of the reason behind parking. There is and always was plenty of parking at hotels.

too much - actually...because they haven’t built any for decades and the amount of people driving/renting has reduced.

they tested it...people didn’t complain...now that is set. And fees will go up when they yank magical express.

price 101 in wdw

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom