FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyNittany

I understand that point. But that's not the statement he made. The other person simply made the statement that we all do Disney differently and that's good. He replied that it wasn't and that was bad meaning that everyone should do Disney the same way.
Doing Disney “differently” is bad if it leads to me now having to pay 2x the money for X number of items that used to be “free”.

That’s how I interpreted it, at least.

LittleBuford

Has anyone who previously wanted FP+ gone changed their minds in light of what’s being discussed as a possible replacement? I’ve noticed a shift in the tone of this thread, which began on a much more celebratory and optimistic note.

DisneyNittany

Who judges whether something is “fiscally irresponsible” though?

Does irresponsible simply mean “without thinking”? In which case you could end up with two people coming to the same decision, one of them thinking about it carefully and the other not doing so. But ne is a responsible decision and the other is not.

Or is it the actual decision that is irresponsible? In which case how someone reaches that decision is neither here nor there.

@Sirwalterraleigh apparently decided that my reasoning was an understandable one. And yet someone else who appears to have decided much the same thing was not given the same “approval”. The other person gave less reasoning in their answer but that in itself doesn’t mean they didn’t think about it.

Now how can two people taking the same action possibly impact people differently, simply because one allegedly thought about it more carefully? That doesn’t make any sense. And yet that seems to be what you’re suggesting.
I’d say directly inflating the price of a good/service well beyond it’s actual value is “irresponsible” to the general consumer overall.

Now, it’s not up to me to decide if it’s “responsible” for you and your family.

Last edited:

UNCgolf

Has anyone who previously wanted FP+ gone changed their minds in light of what’s being discussed as a possible replacement? I’ve noticed a shift in the tone of this thread, which began on a much more celebratory and optimistic note.

I didn't really want FP+ gone personally because it's great for me, especially as someone who has no interest in riding some of the rides at each park. I thought it would be better for Disney overall if it was gone.

I'm not so sure now, though -- it will depend on the pricing for these new paid FastPasses. If they're priced high enough that only a small percentage of guests buy them, it could still be a good thing. If they're not prohibitively priced and 50% or more of guests buy them, it will be a disaster for the average guest. They will either spend far more time waiting in line than before, or the price of their trip will skyrocket.

G00fyDad

The only change I have made is to simply not book my trip yet because I'm waiting to find out what they're doing for fastpass. If they charge too much for it then we will be staying off site and saving money instead of staying on property. Charging too much for it is a hard pass for me. If they bring it back just as it was before or charge a small amount for it then we'll stay on property. The only reason that I'm contemplating staying on property for this trip is so that we can book fast passes 60 days out. That's it. For us there's really no other reason to stay on property.

GaBoy

No, but that’s not his point.

When people make fiscally irresponsible decisions it has an impact on everyone, not just them. Regardless if one can reasonably afford it or not, willingly paying more for less without really thinking is not responsible, whether it breaks the bank or not.
Yeah. As long as we keep taking whatever they dish out and saying, "thanks Bob, may I have another?", the decisions and cash grab is going to get worse for all. The experience will diminish, never to return, and everyone will accept a lower standard of quality as the new "gold standard" of the entertainment industry. I dont think that the singular instances of great ride technology is what did set this park apart from any other. It was the entertainment value (accepted that it was at the top of the scale) and customer focused attention that did this. The CMs were that last line and even their ability to be the last line of what "makes the magic" is wearing thin because they too are suffering the same abuse from the top that customers are in what is being stripped away.

nickys

Premium Member
I’d say directly inflating the price of a good/service well beyond it’s actual value is “irresponsible” to the general consumer overall.

Now, it’s not up to me to decide if it’s “responsible” for you and you’re family.
I thought we were discussing people’s decisions to pay for or not pay for Fp+ Not Disney’s decision to introduce them.

And for that second statement, I agree. But @Sirwalterraleigh appeared to be doing just that. But arbitrarily. And you appeared to be supporting him in his assertion. Which is what I was responding to.

dovetail65

How large is your family? Assuming a standard family of 4, you're totally fine with an extra $8,400 for a 7 day vacation? On top of everything else? Since you're claiming to not care about that kind of expense, I assume you're already staying in Deluxe Accomodations, so you just literally doubled the total cost of your trip. For something that used to be included. I mean cool that you're fine with that I guess. I can afford it too but it's hilarious that Disney thinks people in my income class will just eat that cost. You can get a much better value with literally almost any other kind of family vacation at that price point.
Disney will charge the most they can and do not think of any individual family. The point is to charge as much as we can while making the buniess as much as it can. Not being nice, Dinsy is only nie becaue thst a part that makes them money, they are gmagical to make mone
I understand that point. But that's not the statement he made. The other person simply made the statement that we all do Disney differently and that's good. He replied that it wasn't and that was bad meaning that everyone should do Disney the same way.

Don't get me wrong, I will not pay for fastpass if it's extremely expensive. If it's somewhere around the neighborhood of $50 to $100 per person per day then I would be willing to do this for a couple of days but not every day of the trip. And it would most certainly end any future trips to Disney for us. I'm obviously going to be taking this next trip regardless of fastpass or not because I'm such a huge Star Wars fan that I have to experience Galaxy's Edge at least once in my life. After that I doubt I will ever go back to Disney World again since Disney seems hell-bent and determined to price out everybody who doesn't make seven figures a year.
I consider 100 a day per person extremely expensive myself. I loved FP+ The way it was, I guess I will have to deal with whatever they come out with, but 100 a day no way in hell. A person would be better off going financially simply going at the right time with no fast pass. For my family that would be 800 a day more. I think 100 per 5 day pass makes a heck of a lot more sense.

G00fyDad

Yeah. As long as we keep taking whatever they dish out and saying, "thanks Bob, may I have another?", the decisions and cash grab is going to get worse for all. The experience will diminish, never to return, and everyone will accept a lower standard of quality as the new "gold standard" of the entertainment industry. I dont think that the singular instances of great ride technology is what did set this park apart from any other. It was the entertainment value (accepted that it was at the top of the scale) and customer focused attention that did this. The CMs were that last line and even their ability to be the last line of what "makes the magic" is wearing thin because they too are suffering the same abuse from the top that customers are in what is being stripped away.

And unless you can convince millions and millions and millions of others to think exactly the way you do and not take part and paid fast passes then all you're doing is griping on an internet forum. All that's going to happen is you're going to go to Disney and have to do what everyone else does or skip fast passes. Disney's going to do what they want to do regardless of how we feel about it. Disney is more about taking as much of your money as they possibly can without regard to what you think about it. You want an example? They're charging for parking at the resorts now. Because some hotels in the Disney area, across the planet for that matter, charge for parking at their hotels Disney's decided that they should too. There was no other reason to suddenly change this policy and start charging for this other than a money grab. Charging people for parking doesn't solve any problem. Disney doesn't care about your feelings and they don't care about whether you or I go or don't go. They know that millions and millions and millions of people will go and buy fast passes.

G00fyDad

I consider 100 a day per person extremely expensive myself. I loved FP+ The way it was, I guess I will have to deal with whatever they come out with, but 100 a day no way in hell. A person would be better off going financially simply going at the right time with no fast pass. For my family that would be 800 a day more. I think 100 per 5 day pass makes a heck of a lot more sense.

I think $100 per person per day is extremely expensive as well. But I will only buy a couple of days of that. I don't have to get it for every single day of my trip. I've only buy it for the days that I will be going to a park that has a ride that I have never ridden before. Other than that I'll manage my time better and stand in the standby line.

And I wish they would have $100 per 5-day passes per person (if they even start charging for fastpass).

dovetail65

I think $100 per person per day is extremely expensive as well. But I will only buy a couple of days of that. I don't have to get it for every single day of my trip. I've only buy it for the days that I will be going to a park that has a ride that I have never ridden before. Other than that I'll manage my time better and stand in the standby line.

And I wish they would have $100 per 5-day passes per person (if they even start charging for fastpass).
I meant to say 100.00 additional for an FP option on the current 5 day pass cost or 10, 14 day whatever, but 100 a day is too much.

Last edited:

LittleBuford

They will either spend far more time waiting in line than before, or the price of their trip will skyrocket.
I’m afraid I’ll be among the latter category. I cannot go back to queuing having experienced life with FP+. If that means fewer trips at a far higher price point, so be it.

LittleBuford

The only reason that I'm contemplating staying on property for this trip is so that we can book fast passes 60 days out. That's it. For us there's really no other reason to stay on property.
You should consider staying in one of the “Good Neighbor” hotels near Disney Springs: same perks for non-Disney prices.

flynnibus

Premium Member
People should separate “digital” from FP+ when they talk about liking it or not.

did you really like being forced to pick fps weeks in advance? Or was it you just lije magicbands and no fp pickups?

for tgat we could have mad maxpass…. Instead of fp+

maxpass could have been free like fp+ was…

dovetail65

And unless you can convince millions and millions and millions of others to think exactly the way you do and not take part and paid fast passes then all you're doing is griping on an internet forum. All that's going to happen is you're going to go to Disney and have to do what everyone else does or skip fast passes. Disney's going to do what they want to do regardless of how we feel about it. Disney is more about taking as much of your money as they possibly can without regard to what you think about it. You want an example? They're charging for parking at the resorts now. Because some hotels in the Disney area, across the planet for that matter, charge for parking at their hotels Disney's decided that they should too. There was no other reason to suddenly change this policy and start charging for this other than a money grab. Charging people for parking doesn't solve any problem. Disney doesn't care about your feelings and they don't care about whether you or I go or don't go. They know that millions and millions and millions of people will go and buy fast passes.
Well right or wrong he is allowed to gripe, Disney may not care about his feelings, but this is a forum and a thread about Fast pass, so if not here, where? I agree with him and I agree with you. Even if I didn't agree I am interested in what you both think, even if Disney may not or I wouldn't be here reading the posts.

Sometime we come to these forums if for nothing more to find if there is anyone else that thinks the way we do. One thing we all have in common is that we like Disney.

dovetail65

People should separate “digital” from FP+ when they talk about liking it or not.

did you really like being forced to pick fps weeks in advance? Or was it you just lije magicbands and no fp pickups?

for tgat we could have mad maxpass…. Instead of fp+

maxpass could have been free like fp+ was…
No one is forced. I have booked FP in advance, but I'll tell you the people that think the 60 day out is end all for FP, it isn't . 30 day out is plenty most time of year for FP, heck even less many if not most times of year.

On at least 4 trips we didn't do fast pass until we arrived, it still worked out fine.

I can compare because we did 16 trips form 2016 to 2020 I can say emphatically FP works great and every month we went other than Christmas week and Mid summer one time and Spring break another, doing the FP when we arrived we walked on the rides..

October- Sept to mid Nov and Jan - early March 100% we never did fast pass until we arrived and landed everything. Once I Figured that out I stopped looking 30 days ahead and that trip onsite that cost us 8 months mortgage in 2016 to get 60 day out FP, well had I known then what I know now I would of gone a different month (we went Spring break) 60 days out FP in my life for my trips only mattered at peak times.

I like messing with the app in line after the first 3 FP and don't mind working FP out 30 days ahead either(eve though I dont do it much anymore), I don't see it as a chore, but fun.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom