FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrb1979

Yes...that’s 5 days per year...

and having been to Cedar point many times...there’s two options:

1. ride rollercoasters
2. Don’t bother going

I sorta get that. It’s not like you’re paying $120 to ride big Thunder and wait for a character meet and greet.
That's not true anymore. They've added a lot of family oriented attractions.

I buy the Fastlane to avoid spending my time in queues so I can enjoy other things in the park. Like shows and being able to go to table service restaurants.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Happy to debate but I can’t if your replies don’t make any sense to me.

All I could take from it was that if I opt to pay for the FPs then eventually I’ll change my mind.

Thing is I won’t be back 4 times a year or even once a year. If I was going that often then I wouldn’t pay for it except occasionally. And even with our next trip I said I’d only pay for certain parks and for specific rides / bundles. We’ll include that in the budget for the vacation. I suspect the family might even agree to get up early on a couple of days to rope drop. But otherwise I’ll plan the best I can.
It’s possible
Or maybe WDW changes pricing for multiple reasons, even though they know we'll complain.
It’s possible

mergatroid

Happy to debate but I can’t if your replies don’t make any sense to me.

All I could take from it was that if I opt to pay for the FPs then eventually I’ll change my mind.

Thing is I won’t be back 4 times a year or even once a year. If I was going that often then I wouldn’t pay for it except occasionally. And even with our next trip I said I’d only pay for certain parks and for specific rides / bundles. We’ll include that in the budget for the vacation. I suspect the family might even agree to get up early on a couple of days to rope drop. But otherwise I’ll plan the best I can.
He does this all the time. The other day he was complaining that the character breakfasts were now about $50 and not long ago were $20. He then went on to say that even though it's not worth it, that he still pays it because he loves going. I have no problem with him complaining about the price but then he says somebody who pays for Fastpass is like a drug addict.

When I point this out he then says paying for FP's affects everybody (ignoring the fact him paying $50 for a breakfast has the same result). He responds again ignoring that point saying "I need to hammer the point home". He's very quick to insult people for doing stuff and telling them how what they do is wrong, whilst simultaneously doing similar if it pleases him. He's now telling you not to do call outs to him even though he quotes other members consistently with belittling remarks to them, trying to be clever.

GaBoy

I mean I read this thread and wonder what the hell is my gate ticket for? The park has a problem and instead of working to truly fix it, the answer is let's just charge folks an exorbitant fee IF they ACTUALLY want to ride any of this and not pick at the queue's set pieces for an hour while doing the slow shuffle. I'm just having a hard time not pointing back at the people running this show. Just me but I was kind of prepared to accept a post pandemic series of cutbacks for my 2019 dollar but trying to make up a year and half loss in one huge grab has my head spinning... and something else kind of aching.
And yes I'm just complaining. I do miss it so and its running up so high I wonder about getting there. I'm not a rich man.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
He does this all the time. The other day he was complaining that the character breakfasts were now about $50 and not long ago were $20. He then went on to say that even though it's not worth it, that he still pays it because he loves going. I have no problem with him complaining about the price but then he says somebody who pays for Fastpass is like a drug addict.

When I point this out he then says paying for FP's affects everybody (ignoring the fact him paying $50 for a breakfast has the same result). He responds again ignoring that point saying "I need to hammer the point home". He's very quick to insult people for doing stuff and telling them how what they do is wrong, whilst simultaneously doing similar if it pleases him. He's now telling you not to do call outs to him even though he quotes other members consistently with belittling remarks to them, trying to be clever.

...lurking again?

you’re free to ignore/laugh...do whatever.

It’s always comes back to the same thing. We can agree elsewhere.

Jrb1979

I mean I read this thread and wonder what the hell is my gate ticket for? The park has a problem and instead of working to truly fix it, the answer is let's just charge folks an exorbitant fee IF they ACTUALLY want to ride any of this and not pick at the queue's set pieces for an hour while doing the slow shuffle. I'm just having a hard time not pointing back at the people running this show. Just me but I was kind of prepared to accept a post pandemic series of cutbacks for my 2019 dollar but trying to make up a year and half loss in one huge grab has my head spinning... and something else kind of aching.
And yes I'm just complaining. I do miss it so and its running up so high I wonder about getting there. I'm not a rich man.
Honestly they are just catching up to the rest of the parks out there. Covid just gave them the excuse to do so. The biggest thing for me is how many continue to accept it.

G00fyDad

Honestly they are just catching up to the rest of the parks out there. Covid just gave them the excuse to do so. The biggest thing for me is how many continue to accept it.
I'm only accepting it ONE time if they start charging. And as I've said multiple times before the only reason I would is so that I could ride the Star Wars attractions at least once. If it weren't for that we would be taking a family trip to Gatlinburg. If I'm going to spend a ton of money I might as well come home with some stuff. LOL

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That’s exactly what’s going on.

our friends from far across the pond don’t have the same mentality. And that’s ok.

But acting as though fast past never existed (it has for 25 years)...and that rides were never part of the deal (they were since the ticket included them 40 years ago)...is just not a helpful or logical stance.

but queue the justification.

we’ll have to see how it plays? Until then...it’s postulating into the wind.

Last edited:

Jrb1979

I'm only accepting it ONE time if they start charging. And as I've said multiple times before the only reason I would is so that I could ride the Star Wars attractions at least once. If it weren't for that we would be taking a family trip to Gatlinburg. If I'm going to spend a ton of money I might as well come home with some stuff. LOL
You always have Dollywood in the same area.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is the Broadway/football game scarecrow again.

the other parks don’t have 7 day average length of stays. None due...maybe universal in 3 years...but there are no other comparable...including the other Disney parks around the world

G00fyDad

Just a fair warning, if by some miracle those of us that like fast passes are granted our wish and they come back free just as they were before with no charges whatsoever I will come back into this thread and post a huge laughing emoji. I will be laughing because of all of the back and forth about fastpass fees that has happened based off of rumors. Granted, those rumors are probably true but what if they weren't? 😁

G00fyDad

You always have Dollywood in the same area.
Maybe, I'm just not a huge non Disney theme park fan. We used to go to Kings Island in Ohio twice a year when we move back to the United States. We did this all the way up till my daughter was about 5 years old and we stopped going there and started taking trips to Disney World as a family. I had been a number of times before I got married but Disney has been our go-to vacation place since my daughter was 5 years old. It sucks that I'm contemplating not going back again but if I'm going to spend that much money with very little return on my investment then I'm going to invest those dollars someplace else after this trip.

Jrb1979

Maybe, I'm just not a huge non Disney theme park fan. We used to go to Kings Island in Ohio twice a year when we move back to the United States. We did this all the way up till my daughter was about 5 years old and we stopped going there and started taking trips to Disney World as a family. I had been a number of times before I got married but Disney has been our go-to vacation place since my daughter was 5 years old. It sucks that I'm contemplating not going back again but if I'm going to spend that much money with very little return on my investment then I'm going to invest those dollars someplace else after this trip.
Nothing to do with your post but I have noticed it a lot. A lot of people post saying they haven't been to other parks in years. To each their own but many of these parks have come a long way in being more family oriented.

G00fyDad

Nothing to do with your post but I have noticed it a lot. A lot of people post saying they haven't been to other parks in years. To each their own but many of these parks have come a long way in being more family oriented.

I completely understand. My cousin and his husband are huge theme park aficionados. They go to theme parks all over the world. I love seeing the pictures and I think some of these other parks are truly amazing. Especially a couple of them in Germany but since we took our daughter for the first time when she was five and I saw her eyes light up when we walked into the magic Kingdom I knew right then that there was no way I was going to be able to spend vacation money anywhere else for a very long time. LOL

GaBoy

Just a fair warning, if by some miracle those of us that like fast passes are granted our wish and they come back free just as they were before with no charges whatsoever I will come back into this thread and post a huge laughing emoji. I will be laughing because of all of the back and forth about fastpass fees that has happened based off of rumors. Granted, those rumors are probably true but what if they weren't? 😁
Oh lord leave me something from 2019🙏

Goofyernmost

I’m not commenting on whether anyone should - that’s a decision for each individual family to make. But after 15 months of families having serious levels of stress dealing with virtual schooling, with little to no breaks, and the mental health issues that have arisen for so many, I expect the next year or so at least people will be willing to take off whenever they can make it happen. 🤷‍♀️
I don't disagree with that, but as far as education has been concerned they missed a lot in most cases. Kids are pretty resilient and although the parents might indeed need a vacation, one of the downsides of parenting is being responsible. It won't take to long, but I think that taking kids out of school would be more harmful then helpful and therefore be happening less this year. Probably with a huge surge next year.

Jrb1979

I completely understand. My cousin and his husband are huge theme park aficionados. They go to theme parks all over the world. I love seeing the pictures and I think some of these other parks are truly amazing. Especially a couple of them in Germany but since we took our daughter for the first time when she was five and I saw her eyes light up when we walked into the magic Kingdom I knew right then that there was no way I was going to be able to spend vacation money anywhere else for a very long time. LOL
I hope it's that way with my daughter when she gets to that age. When I went a couple of years ago the "magic" just wasn't there. Part of that could be hearing people scream when riding attractions make a park for me. The kids smiles are a distant second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom