News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes. They were right to do so even though I personally thought some of their recommendations, like masks outdoors and on very young children, were overly cautious. I followed their guidelines then despite being told I had no business being uncomfortable wearing a mask. I’m not going to stop following the guidelines now. This is especially true since some people are now using masks not to control the spread of the virus, but to show perceived respect or express solidarity.

fair.

but we really couldn’t “expect” everyone to do the same thing, right?

it was unbearable adult torture.

Chi84

Premium Member
Well, your response has nothing to do with what I said. I never said vaccinated people aren’t protected. To get back on topic with what I did actually say, the CDC has said that it is unknown whether vaccinated people can still spread the virus to others. Therefore, since you want to follow the experts (as you just admitted), your prior statement that vaccinated people pose no risk to others is simply incorrect. That’s what I was pointing out to you.
The CDC website contains specific data and studies on whether vaccinated people are spreading the virus to others. They considered that data in reaching their conclusion that vaccinated people do not have to wear masks. I assume we’re talking within the context of mitigation measures since the thread is about mask policies.

Last edited:

Lilofan

I understand, unfortunately, splash pads are going to be returning. But also water features on water rides! Apparently, new science suggests the water sprayer on Splash only spreads amoebic dysentery, not Covid!
Those water fountains in the theme parks are hardly cleaned also. Other substances besides water could be sprayed in the person's face drinking water.

Chi84

Premium Member
It is interesting how those previously so opposed to CDC guidance now are in absolute love with CDC guidance and chastise Disney for not going at least that far and maybe even farther. Do you think it is the revised masking guidance?
Not necessarily. Speaking for myself, I thought the CDC’s guidelines were overly restrictive in some areas, particularly on masks for very young children and masks outdoors. I also thought that masks were necessary at a time when there was no vaccine but don’t do all that much now. My “love” for the new guidelines is completely consistent with what I thought a year ago.

JusticeDisney

The CDC website contains specific data and studies on whether vaccinated people are spreading the virus to others. The considered that data in reaching their conclusion that vaccinated people do not have to wear masks. I assume we’re talking within the context of mitigation measures since the thread is about mask policies.
You said that you were confused as to why vaccinated people would wear masks because they pose no risk to others. I simply responded and pointed out that what you said is incorrect. That is, it is still possible, according to the CDC, for vaccinated people to spread the virus to other people. In response, you stated that vaccinated people are protected from the virus, which is true, but which also has nothing to do with your earlier, incorrect statement. Again, I was merely trying to clear up your admitted confusion, by highlighting that your statement that vaccinated people pose no risk to others is not necessarily true.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It is interesting how those previously so opposed to CDC guidance now are in absolute love with CDC guidance and chastise Disney for not going at least that far and maybe even farther. Do you think it is the revised masking guidance?

Funny...works that way

The CDC website contains specific data and studies on whether vaccinated people are spreading the virus to others. The considered that data in reaching their conclusion that vaccinated people do not have to wear masks. I assume we’re talking within the context of mitigation measures since the thread is about mask policies.

...if you say so.

what is interesting is how quickly will people “turn” on Disney and start complaining if they don’t “follow the science” in the next week or so??

get ready for that.

Chi84

Premium Member
Funny...works that way

...if you say so.

what is interesting is how quickly will people “turn” on Disney and start complaining if they don’t “follow the science” in the next week or so??

get ready for that.
People here “turn” on Disney for every little thing. No need to get ready to experience something so common and predictable.

MaryJaneP

Face Coverings are still recommended for those unvaccinated, those with certain medical conditions that may leave them immunocompromised, those who may otherwise be ill, and for other reasons. Wearing a face covering even after guidance for healthy vaccinated individuals makes it optional, is not optional for some. That discrimination against those who choose to continue to wear a face covering exists speaks volumes about those who discriminate. Hopefully WDW continues to promote safety and inclusion.

Chi84

Premium Member
Face Coverings are still recommended for those unvaccinated, those with certain medical conditions that may leave them immunocompromised, those who may otherwise be ill, and for other reasons. Wearing a face covering even after guidance for healthy vaccinated individuals makes it optional, is not optional for some. That discrimination against those who choose to continue to wear a face covering exists speaks volumes about those who discriminate. Hopefully WDW continues to promote safety and inclusion.
What discrimination are you referencing? We don’t have system of telling who is vaccinated. It won’t be long before people start assuming those wearing masks are unvaccinated. I haven’t seen or heard of widespread discrimination, but maybe it will come if people don’t learn to mind their own business where masks are concerned.

Last edited:

Tom P.

You said that you were confused as to why vaccinated people would wear masks because they pose no risk to others. I simply responded and pointed out that what you said is incorrect. That is, it is still possible, according to the CDC, for vaccinated people to spread the virus to other people. In response, you stated that vaccinated people are protected from the virus, which is true, but which also has nothing to do with your earlier, incorrect statement. Again, I was merely trying to clear up your admitted confusion, by highlighting that your statement that vaccinated people pose no risk to others is not necessarily true.
There are at least nine studies so far, which I have posted here more than once, which show that the vaccine not only prevents symptoms of Covid, but actually prevents a person from being infected or spreading it. While the protection against asymptomatic transmission is, of course, not 100% -- nothing ever is -- it is very strong. There is simply no scientific evidence at this point to suggest that a vaccinated person poses any significant risk to anyone else, vaccinated or not.

JusticeDisney

There are at least nine studies so far, which I have posted here more than once, which show that the vaccine not only prevents symptoms of Covid, but actually prevents a person from being infected or spreading it. While the protection against asymptomatic transmission is, of course, not 100% -- nothing ever is -- it is very strong. There is simply no scientific evidence at this point to suggest that a vaccinated person poses any significant risk to anyone else, vaccinated or not.
Never argued any of that. I simply pointed out that the statement made by the other poster that vaccinated people pose “NO” risk to others is untrue. And it is. Indeed, your response just admitted as much. Thanks for the support!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
People here “turn” on Disney for every little thing. No need to get ready to experience something so common and predictable.

Nah...it was “you can’t tell me what to do!” Last summer. This year it will be “I’ll tell you what to do!”

but whatever...we can’t really expect people to do what they don’t want, can we??

They’re going to drop the masks...it’s just a question of when.

they’re in it to sell product in extreme heat...so that’s what will rule the day. Those you are describing will be affected if they choose not to vaccinate and can.

If they can’t...they’ll be marginalized...which unfortunately has happened to someone everyday of human history

Last edited:

DisneyCane

Never argued any of that. I simply pointed out that the statement made by the other poster that vaccinated people pose “NO” risk to others is untrue. And it is. Indeed, your response just admitted as much. Thanks for the support!
There is pretty much nothing anybody does in the presence of others that poses absolutely NO risk to others. If we want to go into ridiculously low risks, I could trip and fall into another person and cause them to fall and hit their head just right on the ground, end up with a brain hemorrhage and die. The risk is infinitesimal and not worth anybody considering but it exists.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It played out terrible. But I did what I could do followed the rules and helped where I could. Beyond that not much I can do.

what we all can do evaluate what went wrong and remember it. That’s life in a good society.

not “oh well...what am I looking to form an opinion on today?”

that’s why trouble never ends.

not speaking of you specifically...just a psa

JusticeDisney

There is pretty much nothing anybody does in the presence of others that poses absolutely NO risk to others. If we want to go into ridiculously low risks, I could trip and fall into another person and cause them to fall and hit their head just right on the ground, end up with a brain hemorrhage and die. The risk is infinitesimal and not worth anybody considering but it exists.
I agree with every word you just posted. Still doesn’t change the fact that he other poster was wrong when he/she posted that vaccinated people pose “NO” risk to others. It is what it is.

Chi84

Premium Member
I agree with this. When posting here I never even considered that people were discussing risk in such absolute terms, and as a practical matter I don’t believe anyone is doing so. As you pointed out, that would make no sense.

The thread is about mitigation measures, and those measures are adopted, modified or abandoned based on their usefulness in controlling the pandemic. The CDC has taken the appropriate risks into consideration when revising its guidelines, and I think most people understand those guidelines are not based on the total absence of any risk whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom